World War III

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,896 Followers

He grew more serious. "Look I'm just one insignificant Marine. I'll walk and run again because one man decided that our lives---the lives of everybody you see here---were important---as important as---even more important than---his own. I guess I knew that he was a pretty good President; I had no idea what kind of man he really was. I'm with the Captain; I'd follow him to hell and back."

As the legend of Hal Franks received one more embellishment the man himself was quietly reading through the daily intelligence briefs. His second term would soon be over. Nancy would almost certainly be elected President and her choice for VP, another Marine who was currently serving as the first African American Governor of his state, would prove a strong and able partner. The country and the world would be in solid hands.

Nancy...he'd loved that woman for many years but had never acted on it. After his wife's death he wasn't ready---nor was she after her husband had died. As his vice president, any sort of relationship between them would have been completely inappropriate. Yet the two had become almost inseparably close over the previous eight years. They'd shared an occasional embrace---even a kiss, but nothing more. In six months he'd be a private citizen again. He sensed that she had strong feelings for him. The press would grumble---the people would love it. Why not?

The world was at peace...at least for a little while.

Thirty second after Nancy Davis was sworn in as President of the United States, Hal Franks leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"I love you. I believe you love me. Will you marry me?"

"It took you long enough. Hell yes!"

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,896 Followers