Worlds Colliding Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cafetray
cafetray
213 Followers

A wall surrounded Victoria's property, far higher than Bridget could scale. But in the far corner of the property there was a tree tall enough to get her over. Bridget stepped onto the porch and looked around. No one was on the lawn and it didn't look like anyone was watching from the windows. She ran for the tree, leapt when she got there and scrambled up the branches. Once she was high enough, she vaulted to the top of the wall, then dropped down. A small wood separated the house from the river; Bridget headed for a trail leading into the forest. Once she was in, the trail forked. The path to the left ran along the river and came out near her house; she'd used this path hundreds of times as a shortcut to Victoria's. The path to the right ran to the river bank, near where the tunnel came out. And Bridget had to know.

She ducked down when she came within sight of the water, but even so she had a clear view of where the tunnel emerged. Victoria was there, with a tall, sandy haired woman. Prof. Sawyer, she presumed. The two of them were talking to Leslie, who gestured angrily at the tunnel. Victoria looked serious, Prof. Sawyer looked almost bemused. Bridget waited until the trio disappeared into the tunnel, then doubled back. At the fork she took the left path and ran for home. * * *

She caught her first break at the house; both of her parents were there. It would make what she had to do easier. She hated to do it, she'd sworn she'd never do it, but desperate times called for desperate measures. They were in the kitchen when she arrived, looking very surprised to see her.

"You know what," she said as she pushed on their minds, "I think you two deserve a vacation."

It broke her heart to watch them flinch as the idea took root.

"That's a good idea," her father said.

"Where should we go?" her mother asked.

"Weren't you two talking about a B&B up in Vermont?" The two looked at Bridget as if that were the most insightful thing they'd ever heard.

"I'll go pack a bag," her mother said.

"No!" Bridget yelled as she pushed again. "There's no time. You two can buy what you need on your way up."

They agreed, and she walked them to the door.

"Dad," she called quietly. Her father turned to face her. "Give me the emergency credit card."

He pulled out his wallet and handed over the VISA with the enormous credit limit and zero balance. Then he kissed her on the forehead.

"Don't go crazy with it, kiddo," he said.

After they'd driven away, she headed for the garage and pulled the tarp off her brother's old car; a '65 Chevy Impala, bright red. The only person in the world allowed to drive it, other than her brother, was her Dad and then only to make sure the thing still ran. Her Dad had taken it out the week before, and it still ran ... loudly. It could have been the most conspicuous car Bridget had ever seen and was totally ill suited for someone looking to make a quiet get away. In other words, it was perfect for what she had in mind. The keys were in the glove compartment. The engine turning over sounded like the end of the world. * * *

"They found her brother's car," Leslie announced as she walked into Victoria's office. Former office, was more like it. Prof. Sawyer had taken up station behind the big desk. Victoria now sat in the chair Bridget usually took.

"Where?"

"The airport."

Prof. Sawyer scratched her cheek. This bit of news was a mixed blessing. She had a thrall in the State Police command structure, and barely two hours after discovering Bridget and her family had cleared out of their house, they'd found one of the get away cars. Her network was becoming more and more efficient. On the other hand, if she'd been to the airport with a two hour head start, she could be anywhere by now. Unless ...

"Have they searched the airport for her?"

"They're doing it now, but nothing so far."

"Damn," Prof. Sawyer spat. "Where could she have gone?"

"She has a brother in Chicago," Victoria suggested.

Karen chewed on that. "Find out where this brother lives and send Madison to watch him. Let me know immediately if she turns up there."

"Will do," Leslie left.

Prof. Sawyer turned her attention back to Victoria, "You said there are how man women in this coven of yours?"

"We recruit as needed. Right now we're at 110," Victoria answered.

"And there are other covens like this?"

"Dozens of them."

"All over the world, you said?"

"That's right."

Karen smiled, "This keeps getting better and better." * * *

Bridget swayed as the train negotiated the corner. After parking her brother's car in a spot where she thought it would be found quickly, she'd taken the subway back into the city and to the train station. With any luck, they'd think she was halfway across the country instead of on a Metroliner somewhere in Connecticut. She flipped through the ledger. Though she'd found the call from the FBI agent Victoria had mentioned a few days ago, she kept going to make sure there's been no other contact. It looked like it had just been the first call and Victoria's eventual call back. Though the train was nearly empty, she took a look around to make sure no one was within earshot. Then she called the number Victoria had written down.

"Special Agent Maura Hunt."

"Maura, this is Bridget," she said coolly. "I used to work with Victoria."

Maura's tone was noticibly different when she realized it was someone from The Association on the line, "What do you mean 'used to'?"

"I mean Prof. Sawyer has gotten to Victoria."

"She ..."

"You know what I mean," Bridget cut her off. "You should also know this means Prof. Sawyer knows about you."

Maura swore softly. "We need to meet. Where are you?"

"On an Amtrak train, heading for New York."

"Okay. I'll hop a shuttle and get up there. Go to the Hotel Pennsylvania, it's right across the street from where your train comes in."

"No," Bridget replied. "I'm getting off before New York City. You know any places near Grand Central?"

"There's the Lexington Hotel."

"Fine. We'll meet there."

"Okay," Maura said. "Ask for me at the front desk. And be careful."

"Same to you," Bridget said as she hung up.

She spent the rest of the trip listing everyone she'd need to call, or arrange for. Catherine and Michelle were still in town, she called to let them know they needed to be careful. Ashley already knew, but she called anyway. Nadine was down at UVA and Jill was all the way out in California at Stanford; she didn't think Prof. Sawyer's people would go out there. Then again, they'd gone all the way to Florida for Allie. She made the calls. She had no idea where Connie was; she'd just have to hope for the best there.

Then there was her brother and Claire and her little nephew in Chicago. She couldn't just call to tell them about a psycho lesbian with a mind control device coming to enslave them. She called the coven in Chicago instead and was surprised by how little explaining she had to do before they agreed to keep an eye on Chris' family. Finally she called the New York coven and let them know she was on her way. When the train stopped in New Haven, she got off and hailed a taxi.

cafetray
cafetray
213 Followers
12