Wound in Time: At First

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eva was now a babbling pile of steamed flesh. Her shoulders ached but she couldn't do anything about it. She was fading in and out of her mind as she was tossed about violently by pleasure that now bordered on pain. Mavin reached down and untied the robe. She pulled Eva up closer by a breast while her other hand slipped to Eva's swollen clit. She bit down on Eva's salty neck and continued her multifront assault. She felt Eva's abused pussy try to clamp down on her cock, adding more pressure to her own clit.

"Ma-Mavin..." Eva rasped and sent the tall woman into a frenzy as Mavin's thrusts became rapid, uneven jerks.

She sank her cock to the hilt again and again as she roared through her climax. She continued to thrust as her body tensed. She felt her pelvic muscles clenching violently and having Eva's slick body pressed tightly to hers only added to her delight. Her body spasmed as an intense wave of pleasure zipped from her groin and spread out to the top of her head and down to her toes. All her muscles went lax, she could barely hold herself up anymore and crashed down onto the bed. She thrust a few more times and then grew still. She just lay on top of Eva, trembling with aftershocks as her own juices rolled down between her thighs.

"Damn, Miss Wilson. You make a good business associate." Mavin said and chuckled despite her fuzzy mind.

They stayed like that for a while, just panting. Mavin realized she was resting most of her weight on Eva's spent body and it took the last ampule of energy in her to slide herself off. She removed her harness and rolled Eva onto her back. The slender woman was breathing but too happy to care. Mavin thought it was best for Eva to sleep off some of the soreness that would surely ensue. She looked at the clock. It was almost six in the morning. She stretched herself beside Eva and fell captive to sleep.

*********** Thursday ***********

Bellinda had spent the week dreading this day. She knew she probably shouldn't have given in to her ex but she figured working with Adrian would earn her gallery more publicity. She had taken the week off so she could keep stress levels down. Her mind was split between Mavin and all the drama Adrian would likely cause.

"Way to go chica. Just dug yourself a damn ditch." Bella panted as she battled the never-ending challenge of her stair-climber. She'd only been on it for about thirty minutes but it felt like an hour. She turned up the resistance on the machine and pushed herself harder. It was about eleven in the morning and she wanted to get her work-out done before noon. Adrian had called earlier and they'd decided to meet at a restaurant later in the afternoon.

According to Adrian, the client was a big time manufacturer of household items and wanted to expand it's facilities with a new and more futuristic research and test center. Adrian was an architect and even though she knew her work very well, she'd felt Bellinda's style of artistry would serve better in bringing her client's vision to life.

Bellinda killed her machine and waddled to the shower. She showered cold at first, then slowly allowed the water to get lukewarm. She wanted to dawdle and get to the restaurant in her own space, perhaps fifteen minutes late but she didn't want the meeting to drag on endlessly because of old history.

It was a few minutes after the dot when Bellinda made her way into the restaurant for her four o'clock meeting with Adrian. She was surprised to find Adrian there already sipping an iced tea and reading a paper. Bellinda walked slowly to the table for two and took her time in buffering her emotions for her ex. Adrian was dressed in casual blue jeans and a T-shirt.

Nothing about her said 'southerner' but when Adrian spoke, her accent was as thick as ever. Her dirty-blonde hair was cut shoulder length with long bangs and a layered fade that framed the back of her head and the area just above her ears. She wore no make up but her stony blue eyes weren't any less intense because of that. Bellinda got to the table and cleared her throat. Adrian looked up from the paper she was reading.

"Linda, it's good to see you." She got up but offered her hand. Bellinda was relieved.

"You shouldn't expect me to feel that way Adrian, so let's just get to business okay?" Bellinda said, sounding colder than she'd wanted to. Adrian just cocked her head to the side out of habit and studied the redhead's face.

"Politeness goes a long way Linda but I'll leave you to your temperament." Adrian said and turned to reach for a file lying on the table. "Here are the specs, they're quite accommodating for a number of design principles but you can feel free to splurge on creativity." Adrian finished and sipped her drink.

Bellinda took the file and browsed through it, "Is there a contract I should know about, or am I just gonna sell my soul away by word of mouth?" She said as she flipped through landscape pictures and surveyor notes.

"Well, I was wondering when you'd bring that up," Adrian ran a hand through her hair and produced a folded envelope, "Like magic." She said and smiled.

"Well, I've seen that trick before." Bellinda said as she took the envelope and examined it's content.

There was a check as well as a contract that named her as the beneficiary to a million dollars pending her signature, and of course her work. Bellinda didn't know what to think. She wondered why Adrian would suddenly want to share a multimillion-dollar contract with her.

"What is this Adrian? Guilt money?" She asked despite her promise to keep history out of this.

"No Linda, it's your cut. It's also negotiable, as in you can ask for more." Adrian said, enjoying the look on Bellinda's pretty face.

"What does this client of yours do that they're willing to pay so much for design consultation?"

"It's your work Linda. Lets just say, I put in a very good word for you."

"Why Adrian, why me?"

"Because..." Adrian's voice trailed off.

"Because what, Adrian? I think I deserve some iota of honesty after all you've put me through."

"Linda listen. You're gonna have to trust me on this. I'm not inclined to say much about my client other than what I've told you. If you accept this proposal, you won't even have to deal with them. You'd be working with me." Adrian said as a muscle in her jaw twitched.

"I don't like the way that sounds, Adrian. You can't just throw money in my face and expect me to jump on your wagon." Bellinda's voice rose, but she caught herself.

"I'm not asking you to jump anywhere. All you have to do, is offer your input. Think of it as a million for your thoughts." Adrian grinned.

Bellinda sighed and considered it again. She had nothing to lose. She wouldn't be affiliated with the so-called client if she was only going to design a few buildings. She wouldn't lose any money and whatever publicity she might gain would come with credit to Adrian and her big mouth. But that was it, she'd have to be dealing with Adrian.

"I need time to think about this." Bellinda said finally.

Adrian looked at her for a long while. They had been together for three years. The relationship had had its flukes but had also been plagued by the stressful circumstances of their fresh out-of-college lives. They were both ambitious and by the third year of their relationship, they barely had time to spend together. Bellinda had been in the process of acquiring the gallery from the retired art professor who owned it. Adrian had been busy with securing a career in architecture. Adrian had done many stupid things she cared not to remember.

"Alright. I've only got two days to wait but I won't push you." Adrian said and finished her drink.

"Okay, so that's it?" Bellinda asked, she didn't know why but she did anyway.

"Yeah, that's all." Adrian said with a raised eyebrow. She secretly hoped the redhead wouldn't start to question her.

"So let's say I hypothetically agreed to this, what then?"

"Oh, well we'd work out some finer details of the arrangement." Adrian said with relief, "You know, the wheres, hows and whats."

"But I can't know this now cuz you don't have my signature?"

"Correct. As much as I'd like to tell you, I'm bounded by other contracts. You know how business works. Linda, don't worry yourself about this. Just remember, a million for your thoughts." Adrian said with a smile.

Bellinda nodded and scanned the restaurant and other patrons. She didn't know why, but she felt like she was doing shady business. She shook her head clear and decided it was Adrian making her feel that way. The blonde woman had offered nothing but flattery as her reasons for choosing Bellinda for this unnamed client. She sighed and wanted the meeting over. She just couldn't get over the awkwardness of the moment.

"Well in that case, I better start thinking." Bellinda said as she got up from her seat.

"Wait Linda," Adrian stood up as well and took Bellinda's hand. "Thank you, I know I don't deserve anything from you but I really appreciate you meeting me." She said and gave Bellinda's hand a gentle squeeze before releasing it.

"Sure, I'll see you around." Bellinda said and turned on her heels. She did some power walking to the door and sprinted to her car.

It wasn't until she reached her car that she began to sob. After two years, she thought she'd gotten over Adrian but seeing the blonde woman again made her realize that wasn't true. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right?

Bellinda grabbed her keys and fired the ignition, she was just about to wheel out when she saw a figure jump at her window through the corner of her teary eyes. Bellinda screamed and blinked but stopped when she saw that it was Adrian. She powered her window down.

"Adrian! You scared the shit outta me, what's wrong with you?" Bellinda yelled over the purring engine.

"I didn't mean it...forgot your purse." Adrian said as she sucked air. She'd been running to catch the redhead. "How did you get here so fast, Linda?" She said as she handed the purse to its owner.

"Same way you did." Bellinda said and peered out her window, past Adrian's heaving body. She had run quite a distance. 'Well, we know the stair master works.' She thought to herself and smiled.

"You been cryin' Linda?" Adrian asked with concern that dragged her accent way down south, "Oh, c'mere." She said and opened Bellinda's door.

She pulled the redhead out of her seat and hugged her gently before she could protest. One whiff of Adrian's Armani scent and Bellinda couldn't hold back her tears. She cried on Adrian's shoulder while the blonde just held her close. Adrian didn't know what to say to comfort the redhead. She knew this would come at some point but she couldn't have predicted much more. Memories of their holding each other like this bathed her athletic frame. She waited until Bellinda pulled herself together.

"I'm s-sorry, I- " The lump in her throat wouldn't let the redhead speak.

"Ssh...s'okay."Adrian focused her stony gaze on Bellinda's flushed face. "I'm sorry for the pain I caused ya Linda and nothing I do or say will ever erase it completely, I know that. But my reasons for being here don't include causing any more pain, you must know that." Adrian said wishing she really could take the redhead's pain away but who was she fooling? Still, a kiss wouldn't hurt. Maybe on the forehead.

Bellinda sniffled as she caught up with Adrian's gaze. She saw a hint of something she couldn't readily define. "See you tomorrow, Adrian." Bellinda sighed, not wanting to take a chance on the blonde. The hug had awakened old feelings she wasn't sure she could handle while driving.

Adrian nodded and mouthed a "G'night", watching as Bellinda drove off in a hurry.

************ Later that day. ************

Mavin got out of the airport and headed straight for her car. As many times as she'd done it, she hated flying. She wasn't nervous about being thousands of miles above ground, no. It was the after-effects of flying that she despised. Her intricate sleep pattern got all fucked up and it made her highly temperamental.

Mavin tossed her small travel bag on the back seat and sped away from the huge lot. It was about five or six in the evening when she got home. Even though the trip had been short, something about going really far in a small amount of time just got under her skin. It was why she rarely made the ten-hour, ten thousand-mile trip to Nigeria. She went during the summer, every three or four years only because her father bugged her about it. Sure it was really nice there and she loved him dearly but had refused the yearly Christmas proposal.

She pulled her car into its reserved space and killed the engine. She grabbed her bag and made her way into the large building where she lived and got in the elevator. She felt a headache working its way back and forth in her skull, it would be one of those. She'd had it checked out before but there was nothing there except her twisted brain. She got some prescription painkillers and sleep enhancers.

The elevator dinged its arrival and she felt like someone was smashing a mallet in her head, for the sheer joy of it. She knew some sleep would help but she barely had room in her head to think. She became disoriented and had a vertigo moment as she made her way through the spinning hallway to her door. Luckily, she had her keys out and didn't have to make too much noise to get in. She shut the door very gently and tossed herself down on the couch, liking the coolness of the velvet upholstery even though it felt a bit stinging to her pounding head.

She stayed there for a few minutes and massaged her temples. The heaviness she felt in her head ebbed a little. The phone rang and Mavin was in the perfect mood to bash the skull of whoever was calling her. She groaned in renewed anguish as the phone continued its racket. She squirmed on the couch for a while longer but the caller was relentless. Mavin jumped up after the eighth ring and yanked the phone off its base. She didn't bother to see who it was on the caller ID.

"What the fuck do you want?!" She barked into the line as her head throbbed harder.

"Um...Is Mavin there?" The female voice said.

"No,...don't live here." Mavin said trying to keep her voice down.

"Damn, I'm sorry. I was told this was where I could reach her, are you sure this isn't her number?"

"Who is this?"

"Oh, my name is Susan Turner. I'm -"

"This isn't a good time Susan, what do you want with Mavin?"

"I have some things to discuss with her. Do you know where I can reach her?"

"Not if you don't tell me why you want her." Mavin said through clenched teeth. She heard the woman sigh.

"Okay, is it alright if I left a number so she could call me herself?"

"No it ain't. Have a good day." Mavin said and cut off the line. She unhooked the phone from the outlet and laid herself back on the couch.

She didn't know anyone named Susan Turner and she wasn't in the mood to find out. She ignored the nuisance and decided she needed a meal. She had to take her meds with some food. She dragged herself to the kitchen, rummaging through cabinets and her fridge.

"Fuck! Gotta shop." Mavin groaned and pulled out some left-over Chinese food from her fridge.

She scraped up the lo mein noodles and fried rice into a bowl and mircowaved it. It wasn't much but would suffice. She stopped the microwave before it ended and sat on the counter, wolfing down the food. In less that eight minutes she was done. She took out a tumbler and ran some cold water into it. She made her way to her room and found her pills. She swallowed them from shaky hands and sat up on her bed with her eyes closed.

She didn't know why she got these headaches. They weren't always associated with flying but she was always in a bad mood after flying and that was enough to trigger a migraine. She tried to keep her mind blank as she waited for the meds to start working. About ten minutes later, she was knocked out.

********* Friday *********

José sat in his office signing contracts and wondering why Mavin didn't show up for work or even bothered to call in. Not that she really had to, she was her own boss and all that but still, it was unusual for Mavin to skip work. He knew she'd returned from the annual convention the day before and he wanted word on how it went.

He'd retired from the committee a long time ago because he didn't like the way they ran things sometimes. Sure they were liberal, but he'd also discovered that some of the members were just plain greedy. They made under table deals with drug companies and approved drugs that really had no business being on the market while they stuffed their pockets with dough.

He was one of the three partners in Lecter Corp., where he spent a good deal of his time. He didn't really have to work but he enjoyed being there and making sure things ran smoothly. His other two partners weren't as involved in this particular facility as he was but they too had their share of work to do, managing other branches of the company. Mavin had applied for a job in his facility as a chemical analyst a few years ago.

He'd taken Mavin under his wing and shown her the ropes of the business. She came very well equipped but had a lot to learn especially about herself and how she dealt with people. She'd been fresh off the bodybuilding circuit and had a firery temper to boot. She'd snap her fingers and bark orders when she didn't get something she wanted just right. She'd gone through three assistants in less that two months.

All had made accusations of being mistreated by Mavin. She never claimed otherwise but she gave them the axe anyway. They had all been young, attractive and qualified women but José figured Mavin was having a hard time working with them because of how they looked. Hell, he would too if he had to deal with that kind of stress.

When a fourth assistant applied for the job, José had pulled Mavin aside and questioned her about her would-be employee. Mavin had come out to him as a lesbian without batting an eye. She didn't like thinking about her assistants' ass while she was holding a test tube. She didn't like being constantly distracted by women who were a bit too perky around her and a tad too curious about her. She took her job very seriously and wouldn't mind working by herself.

José had been surprised by the outburst of info but got over it by laughing, really hard. He didn't have a problem with her orientation but thought Mavin was adorable for some reason and patted her on the back. She looked at him with a blank look on her face and he laughed even harder. He'd been completely wrong about her reasons but he appreciated her bluntness nevertheless. He imagined she'd said the same things to the women before firing them. That really knocked him off his rocker. He wiped the tears from his eyes and asked Mavin if she'd be interested in having her own working section where she could be the boss and run things as she liked. Mavin had agreed and they'd become closer friends ever since.

José snapped out of his reverie with a smile on his face. He went back to the contracts in front of him. They were merger requests from his partners. They wanted to merge Lecter Corp with another company called Horizon & Beyond. He was declining the requests even though he'd received a bunch of files filled with info on the relatively new company. He just didn't like the way the pharmaceutical company marketed itself as the 'wave of the future'. He preferred working on the present and all its problems.

According to the documents, the merge would make Lecter Corp a primary research facility for Horizon & Beyond, and profits would be dished out based on consolidation values and stock prices. José saw this as a big gamble. He didn't like the idea of gambling his life's work of more than three decades. He called Gabriel Martinez and John Anderson at their offices and scheduled a meeting for Monday.