Wrong Aim

Story Info
Frances of Venus, Episode One.
1.8k words
2.83
13.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wrong Aim - Episode One

Detailed Report Number 1 On Frances of Venus

When we open a beautiful woman is at the controls of small spacecraft and looking seriously at a picture of Commander Riker.

It was the night shift on the Enterprise.

"Enterprise this is Nefti calling Commander Riker."

A surprised Riker answered with raised eyebrow. "Open channel, on screen."

Her form was warm to the sight and Riker remembered her touch. He also remembered something else. "What do You want?'

"I'm sorry... I deserved that welcome but I really need to renew your faith in me." I need a favor, but first I want to keep my word. Can we meet privately tonight?"

Captain Picard would be docking with them early tomorrow so tonight was all Riker's command. They met.

"I first want to apologize for teasing without pleasing."

"As I recall the last thing you promised was a hot night including...."

He whispered the rest.

"I'm sorry. I promised more than I was ready to give and I thought it would hurt.

"It still might. What is it you want?"

"I need to meet with the full command staff including Picard."

"Why?"

"Please trust me. That's why I wanted to see you tonight to let you know I mean what I say."

She began to show him. He took her in every way possible, moving her head and hips in rhythms she did not know she was capable of. In the end, it did hurt a bit.

"Ow, use the oils, please."

"It would have been easier if you hadn't left me hot and horny for so long."

In the morning when she rose he was gone. Background check on her had revealed she was a soldier of the Rem Alliance. Worf maintained tactical alert as the Rem Alliance had just violated a couple of Federation territories and were becoming more than a nuisance. The rest of the command staff was in the conference room as she entered.

"Hello Captain, Jordi, Data, Deana, Dr. Beverly."

With a slightly interested look Captain Picard said, "I see you know us. How?"

" I have reason to, which shall become apparent soon enough."

And then in answer to the growing uneasiness in the room, she whispered,

"But I am no threat. I need your help."

"As you probably know already I am Nefti, a soldier of the Rem." After a sigh she went on to say, "We were out on a crusade to regain some of our long lost territory and we encountered some resistance. We engaged ... well that is we crippled one of their ships. I went along on the inspection team. I saw a woman lying dead near a conference table much like this one. I turned her over and thought I recognized her and took her image. I returned to the ship and home. I stopped after the victory celebration by the Records department and searched for a match. Then I almost pissed in my pants. That evening I grabbed a shuttle and came looking for you. The woman.... The woman was named Karen of K. She was a Liaison and lover of Ambassador Frances.

Stunned was probably the only sound louder than the "What?" that came out of Jordi's lungs. Beverly asked, "Are you sure?'

"I recognized her from a conference that our leaders walked out on when they brought up the subject of indentured servants. We don't have slaves..."

"But, you do have indentured servants" Picard finished.

"Factor One" Riker said as he shook his head and stared at the Captain. They knew the seriousness.

"What do you want?" the Captain said as he looked as if he really didn't want to ask that for fear of the answer.

"I want you to take me to the leaders of The Rem and help me convince them of the seriousness of the consequences of their crusade."

"You want me to take the Enterprise into Rem open territory. That sounds too much like a trap and your recent activity in Federation territory doesn't make me feel comfortable with this.'

"You're holding back something" Deana pitched in as she solemnly stared at Nefti.

"Yes" Nefti said as tears welled up in her eyes. I want to save my people from a horrible fate. We were misled. We thought we were the good guys"

"And?" pried Deana

"I ... I was the tactical officer. I'm a good soldier. I was ..." Her hand open hand was trying to wipe tears as she began to shake with fear. "I fired the torpedoes." Then in an attempt at hysterical reasoning she cried, "They didn't fire, but we were told this was a sneak pattern to set us up for the kill. We thought ... I thought we were the good guys. Really!" she pleaded.

Jordi let out a long breath of air and shook his head as if to say "Wow are you in it now!" What he said after a sigh was "You obeyed orders, like the weapons on the ship, just aimed in the wrong direction."

Nefti looked at the Captain through tears. "I request asylum from the Ambassador. She respects your ship and won't touch me here and besides you have the best data on Frances. Looking at Deana she pleaded, "You can talk to her, calm her down or at least make her listen to me before she ..." Nefti put her head down. She couldn't finish.

Data said "Captain, we do have the data ready for transmission to portable crystal form and I would agree Sir that we are the logical choice for this mission. The Captain looked at Nefti sadly and said with quiet regret, "I know."

"And The Ambassador has been know to whip the flesh off..."

"Thank you, data but we know her capability," said Riker.

"And her level for cruelty and slaughter, Captain we can't let this happen" Beverly called out as she got up to comfort Nefti.

Captain called to the ceiling, "Captain to bridge"

"Lieutenant Worf on duty, Sir"

"Set course for the Rem Alliance sector 12, Warp 6."

"I'll talk to her", Deana said as she tried to calm Nefti down after the meeting. We'll speak with your people first then we'll send a message to Frances. Riker tried to keep her from shaking. "We won't let that happen to you."

When they arrived Commander Riker said "Shields" and an immediate hail was picked up. Picard said "On screen."

"What are you doing here?"

"I am Captain Picard of the Federation ship Enterprise and who may I be addressing, please?"

"I am Devout One, Baltis, head of the military presence in this sector, state your intentions."

"Well sir, this is open territory and we come in peace and the truest friendship, although this may become harder to believe. We bring you information of a threat...- Not Us - that your people may want to consider. May we transmit the data to you as we discuss?"

"Go, ahead"

A nod began the transmission. "Devout One have you heard of Ambassador France of Venus?"

"We have heard of the being of some gravitational and telepathic powers."

"We have reason to believe that very soon she will be coming your way and unfortunately she will be here to talk about more than your indentured servants."

"Now I remember. What makes you think this?"

Nefti stepped out from the wall so she could be seen.

"Traitor?"

"No, Devout One, I am here to help warn our people and these people have the data we need.

"You bring threats and an enemy to our doorstep."

Nefti began to cry out in anger and sadness at his stubbornness.

"You lied to us. You made us think we were righteously regaining what was ours. Even you title sounds like a crusade. I checked the files. It turned out we were taking their lands. They wanted the Liaisons to help talk to you."

"That is a matter of opinion," he said.

Then she lost it.

"You bastard, Listen to me these people are not your problem. We have made a horrible mistake at Cresis 3. We killed a Liaison. Do you have any idea what this means. READ it, will you!" Devout One was scanning the crystal and staring in anger and worry.

Picard calmly added, "You may confirm the data with your allies in the Krel sector. Devout One there is no planet Dremore anymore." The survivors are prisoners of war in the Cytor region whose twin planets are gone. Granted, that Frances has kept them prisoners of war in name only, just so no one else will mess with their redevelopment. Nevertheless, I can draw out her strategy, when she learns what has happened." He went on.

"She will send a message to the Liaisons at the Federation Forum stating that Factor Two has been activated and that military response may be forthcoming. Then she will come to you and propose a talk with preliminary discussions about the state of your indentured servant system. If you do not come to the table with a plan for phasing that out, the rest of the more specific discussions will go very badly. Keep in mind that Factor Two calls for up to one million people slaughtered. If you insult her in the talks she may declare war." After a deep exhale Picard said, "That would literally be the end of your civilization as you know it."

Nefti calmer and pleading said, "Devout One, please call the Federation forum for a Liaison to be sent to negotiate for us. They are the truly devoted, for they will help with all they've got to save a people that killed one of their own. Then get the counsel to view the crystal and begin phasing out the indentured system. Frances will allow time, because that's where she is right now. She's checking up on a promise from another culture a year ago. If she comes back with blood on her hands we better be prepared to calm her down or suffer."

Surrendering the Devout One said, "You have done much for your people, Nefti but you call for great sacrifice. But I will succeed in the manner you advise. It would be better to advise The Ambassador as soon as possible, rather than let her hear of it elsewhere. Will you do it?"

"Yes, we will as gently and strategically as possible" Picard said looking at Nefti.

She whispered, "And I must face her as the executioner of her lover."

"Then we have much to do. Be gone and Captain... Thank you."

The Captain looked at Nefti what seemed a long time and all she remembered was he said two things.

To her - "I grant you asylum."

Then as if to the air - "Send the signal"

Next Episode the Conclusion of "Wrong Aim"