Wrongs Darker Still

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She nodded slowly, desperately needing to be able to cling to that.

He asked very tentatively, "Is there anything at all that I can do for you? Would it help to be held?" He very carefully, nonthreateningly offered his arms, just a bit. "Or would that make it worse?" He looked so forlorn.

She could see that he wanted so fervently to help her somehow, but despite his kind intentions, his offer made her visibly jittery. "Maybe later, when I'm feeling a little less skittish." Her voice quavered.

He backed off quickly. "I'll visit again." His expression turned wistful, and more than a little desolate. "You've seen a side of me that I haven't let anyone see since the Occupation. A side of which I'm deeply ashamed."

In spite of her so recent pain and terror, Kira felt an irrational urge to console her attacker, even though she knew how ludicrous that was. On impulse, before she could change her mind, she reached out to him.

Stunned, he ever so gently took her hand.

"We were all different then," she admitted diplomatically, and it was no less than the truth.

A faint smile touched his melancholy eyes. "Thank you for even trying to forgive me. I don't deserve it, after what I did to you."

"Maybe you do. At least, you bother to care."

Casting about for something to say, maybe even something that could cheer her up, at least a little, he offered, "That was a lovely gown that you wore that night." His eyes held not a trace of lust, just kindness.

"I thought so, too. They let each of us choose our own; they had that much decency, anyway. I loved that one the moment I saw it."

Suddenly, he smiled brightly, even joyfully. "I'll make you another one just like it immediately! After all..., I'm a tailor now, you know."

12