Xena & Gabrielle Ch. 03

Story Info
Xena's response to Gabrielle's confession.
2.3k words
4.46
22k
10

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/26/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the third section to the "true" story of Xena and Gabrielle. You will find this story extremely subtext-friendly. If two women showing their love for one another is not your cup of tea, please find another story you'd like to read. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the series, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all sections will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot. I am actually submitting chapter 4 at the same time... just so my readers don't have to wait for the sex!!! LOL

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own Xena: Warrior Princess, the series, or the characters and I will not be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Happy reading!

Xena had watched the play of emotions dance across Gabrielle's face along with the glow of the flickering flames of their campfire. As Gabrielle spoke, every word was absorbed into Xena gradually as if in slow-motion. None of this could be real, could it? Gabrielle loved her? It was *she* whom the blond little bard wanted? Xena found herself struggling to breathe.

At first Xena looked dazed and slowly that became a look of shock. Then, her expression was unreadable, making Gabrielle inwardly cringe. She had no idea how she would handle it if Xena was angry and told her their friendship was over.

"Gabrielle, it seems you are full of surprises tonight," Xena finally spoke, her voice calm and fluid and devoid of the earlier shock that had played over her face just a few moments earlier. "It would seem you have been keeping secrets from me......."

Xena let her voice trail off, as she watched Gabrielle slowly hang her head. She knew the bard was feeling quite remorseful for not being completely honest with her best friend. As a usual rule, they had kept nothing from each other. They had shared everything... even the details of Xena's past as a warlord and all her many crimes from that particular period.

"Xena, I'm sorry.... I----," Gabrielle began, as a tear raced slowly down her cheek. Not only was it a tear of guilt, but also one of sorrow, because she feared she had irrevocably damaged the bond that she and Xena shared as friends for holding her true feelings in for so very long.

Xena reached across the short distance between herself and Gabrielle and gently grasped the bard's chin in her hand, tilting her face upward so their eyes met. "No, Gabrielle... don't apologize," she said softly. "You haven't kept anything from me.... at least no more than I have been keeping from you......"

"You aren't the only one who has been keeping secrets."

The fingers which held Gabrielle's chin shifted and softly and ever- so-slowly, Xena began to stroke the bard's lower lip, tenderly tracing it with a single fingertip. "Gabrielle, I feel the same way about you," said Xena. "I always have... right from day one.... the day I rescued you from those slave traders. How could I not? You stood up to them so bravely. You were willing to sacrifice yourself so the others could go free. I admired your spirit. You even stood up to me, telling me you were going with me, that you wanted to be just like me, even when I told you that you must go back home to your parents. I thought you didn't belong with me. I live a dangerous life, and I didn't want you to be hurt."

"But you convinced me to let you accompany me. After I got to know you, I honestly could not have let you go, especially when you kept insisting you belonged at my side. You were so beautiful, so different than me; you intrigued me. I loved listening to your stories... although at times I pretended to be annoyed. You weave so much into your tales, how could anyone not want to hear the sound of your amazing voice? I loved everything about you... everything... I couldn't get enough of you; you became my dearest friend... my best friend. There was nothing I could not share with you, nothing but the one thing I never said: I want you, Gabrielle. I want you in my arms at night. I want you by my side till the day I die, and then some. Forever. That's how much I want you. What a fool I have been, not to tell you... when all along, despite everything, you have been feeling the very same way......."

"And do not blame yourself about Perdicus. If anyone, it is I who am to blame. Callisto hates me, so to get at me, she used Perdicus as a target, cause she knows that hurting you would in turn hurt me. And if I had only opened my mouth and told you I have feelings for you, maybe you wouldn't have been so quick to marry Perdicus. Maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe he would still be alive today."

Xena sighed deeply, regret shining in her eyes. She then reached for Gabrielle, pulling her into her embrace by the fire. Gently she began to stroke the bard's long blond hair. She felt Gabrielle slowly relaxing, her body leaning in against Xena's. "I love you, little one," Xena said. "I always have and I always will. I would protect you with my life, and I have. You are my life... and you mean everything to me. And now that I know you love me too, I would fight to the ends of the earth for you and beyond that if I must; I never want to lose you, Gabrielle. It broke my heart when you went to Perdicus. I tried with everything in me not to show any emotion. But in my soul, I only longed to grab you up on Argo and take you away. You were right, you belong with me. And as long as this is where you long to be, I am never letting you go....."

Tears wet Gabrielle's eyes, but this time they were happy ones. In a choked voice, she asked Xena, "Really? Do you mean it?"

"Yes, I mean it, Gabrielle. You are mine now."

Once again Gabrielle felt her chin being gently lifted, but this time it was for a kiss. Her first kiss by Xena, and she completely melted into her warrior's arms. At the first taste of Gabrielle, Xena could not get enough. Gabrielle's lips parted, allowing Xena's tongue inside. Their tongues danced as Xena pulled Gabrielle closer, their bodies pressed together until they slowly sank to the bedrolls that Gabrielle had earlier prepared close to the fire.

The hungry kisses went on and on, the dancing flames of passion burning out of control. Gabrielle surrendered herself to Xena, wrapping her arms around the warrior as Xena pressed her tall frame atop the beautiful bard. It had been so long since Xena had been intimate with anyone, especially a woman, and she had to remind herself that despite her eagerness who this was lying in her arms. It was Gabrielle. Her love. The one who meant the world to her. The one she wanted to never hurt or disappoint. Slowly, and with much willpower, Xena pulled back from the passionate kiss. She stared down into Gabrielle's emerald eyes, seeing a questioning look upon her youthful face.

"Xena, why did you stop?" asked Gabrielle, looking a bit dazed.

Softly Xena caressed Gabrielle's cheek while gazing down at her. "Are you sure, Gabrielle? Are you sure this is what you want? Are you sure you want me?" Xena questioned. "Cause once I start loving you, once you are naked and in my arms, I might not be able to stop."

Gabrielle felt a soft blush heat her face. This was how it was to be with Xena. Wild and untamed. She would have to get used to Xena's bluntness when it came to these sort of things... Xena was at times quite brash.

"I'm hoping you won't stop," Gabrielle said softly. "Please Xena, make love to me."

"I have made love to you a hundred times in my mind," spoke the warrior princess. "I never thought it would be real........ never."

"It's real. I'm real and I love you. This is real." With those words, Gabrielle pulled Xena back down for another hungry kiss. This time the passion could not be denied. It grew between them as a blazing flame. It wasn't long before Xena had done just as she said. She had Gabrielle completely naked and lying in her arms. Gabrielle could feel the smoothness of Xena's leathers against her flesh and also the hard protective barrier which was Xena's breastplate.

"This isn't fair," Gabrielle complained. "I'm naked, and you can see all of me.... but you aren't... and your breastplate isn't exactly comfortable against my skin."

Xena slightly chuckled. "Think how it feels all day long against MY skin then," she said teasingly. She then arched a dark eyebrow and said to her beautiful bard, "Well, I do think it's YOUR job to remove it along with my leathers. You, in the past, have always taken it upon yourself to do so."

Gabrielle let out a soft little giggle, because Xena did have a point there. Always before, she had helped Xena remove the breastplate and her leathers. Usually it was only during a stay in an inn, never out here in the open. Xena always slept fully armored and ready for battle when they made camp. They never knew what danger may lurk in the shadows, so she had wanted to be prepared if a threat should come upon them in the darkness of night.

"I shall help you then," promised the bard, her fingers working to unknot the ties which held Xena's protective breastplate in place. After a moment, she had mastered every tie, and she pulled the breastplate from Xena's flesh. Then with nimble fingers, she worked to remove the leathers which clung to Xena like a second skin. After the leathers were off, Xena was wearing nothing but a thin cotton shift. It was black, Xena's color of choice. Gabrielle sucked in her breath, seeing plenty of leg and cleavage under the revealing garment.

"Don't stop there," Xena breathed, her eyes midnight blue as she watched the bard's every move. She still couldn't believe Gabrielle was standing naked before her, and they were about to make love. This was Xena's dream come true... and she wanted to burn every moment of this into her memory.

Gabrielle couldn't say anything; her breath was stolen from her lungs. She slowly inched up the fabric of Xena's black shift, her fingers trembling a little now with the force of her eagerness and desire. As she worked to pull the fabric upward, she could only gaze at Xena's body as it was revealed, for the warrior princess wore no undergarment beneath the shift. She got an eyeful of Xena's beauty as she tossed the shift aside.

"Xena, you are so beautiful, so perfect... I can't believe you are mine," she spoke incredulously, looking up into Xena's eyes.

Xena smiled, then kissed the tip of her little bard's nose. "It's you who are the perfect one. It saddens me to think you thought I did not desire you. You're sweetness and beauty... how could I not want you? Every night, under the stars with you when we were alone and you were in my arms trying to keep warm, I wanted you. Wanted to kiss you...... wanted to touch you and make you scream my name. I dreamed it. Then I would awake to find you sleeping in my arms, and I'd be disappointed it was just a dream. Now all our dreams are going to be coming true, Gabrielle. Are you ready for this? Are you ready for me?"

"Yes, I want you, Xena. I have thought of nothing else.......... but I would be lying if I didn't tell you I am just a bit nervous. I have never done this before.... Not with a man, and not with a woman. I haven't..... and well, I don't think I know.... what I mean is........ ummmmmmmmm....."

Once again, Xena smiled. "It's okay. Your innocence endears me. I'm going to be the first, and you cannot know how much that means to me," she said, her voice a bit husky as she once again eased Gabrielle down upon the comfy bedrolls. "I promise I will make the first time beautiful for you, Gabrielle. I love you........"

"I love you, too, Xena.... so much," responded the bard. With those words, she pulled Xena down for a hot kiss. This time the kiss was more intense, almost frantic as Xena's naked flesh made contact with Gabrielle's. For a moment, Gabrielle thought she had died and gone to heaven. The kiss sent her spiralling with desire. She wrapped her arms around Xena, losing herself in her warrior princess. She loved and trusted Xena, and she wanted this very much. From the moment of the first kiss, Gabrielle had been wet. Wet and aching with desire. She wanted Xena so much. Her innocent flesh was throbbing and she was aching to have Xena's lips and hands upon her, everywhere, giving her pleasure beyond words.

The fire crackled along with the sounds of the night. Gabrielle heard nothing, only the sound of Xena's lips as they trailed over her face, to her ear, then down the tender flesh of her neck. "Mmmmm ... you taste so good," she said in a passionate whisper, her teeth carefully nibbling Gabrielle's neck.

"Xena...." Gabrielle breathed, shivering with desire. She arched to Xena's kisses. Wanting more..... much more.

"I will never get enough of you... you know that, don't you...... never....... enough........" came the warrior princess's voice, as she eased back a little, then her gaze settled on Gabrielle's breasts. Beautiful and pink-tipped. They were begging to be kissed.

To be continued in Chapter 4: Gabrielle's Gift