Years Apart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay Mommy," she giggled and sprinted back inside to watch cartoons.

"Make sure she goes to bed on time. It is possible that we are going to be late," she said turning to Emma.

She nodded and blushed as she looked at me. I smiled.

Now we were sitting across each other, in this restaurant, looking into the menu.

"You know Emma was smitten by your looks," she said looking across the table.

"Really? Well I didn't noticed."

"Well you should start noticing. You are not going to get women like me, who will force you into a date with them. You have to take your chances," she smirked.

"Well Emma is certainly not a woman like you," I said smiling in her way.

She blushed a little. "You certainly are getting good at this. And you thought that you were a freak. Freaks don't compliment women like that."

"I saw mom today, when I was driving back from your house. She said she likes you," I said looking into her eyes.

"Well that's a good thing, getting approval from guys' parents is a good feeling. I am flattered," she said setting down the menu.

"So that means your mother won't mind if I we go on another date?" she asked.

"There will be another date?" I asked sheepishly.

"Depends on how you behave on this one," she said smirking again.

"Okay how should I behave to earn another date."

"You seem pretty eager to go on a date with an old woman like me," she smiled.

"You are a woman and that's a good part of it. Old?...No, I don't think so. You are what? Forty?" I asked with a grin on my face.

"HA HA HA! Very funny. Say things like that and you can say 'Bye Bye' to that second date. By the way I'm 31," she said feigning anger.

"See? You are not old. I would to like be seen with a beautiful woman like you..." I paused. "Who understands me rather than those girls who know nothing."

She touched my hand again, sending sparks of electricity shoot though me. These sensations were getting stronger with each passing second.

"I'm happy to be with you too Allen. I know it's hard on you. But just try to enjoy okay?" she said with compassion in her eyes. I nodded and called the waiter to come and take our orders.

The food was delicious and we found sending compliments to the chef who came out of the kitchen to receive them. I came to know Melissa's love of food. She wasn't a complete foodie, but she liked to savour a nicely cooked meal.

We got there in a cab so that gave us an opportunity to walk down the streets. She kept on talking about everything that came to her mind. She knew that I wasn't much of a talker so she tried to drag me into some of those conversations. I gave her some occasional lines to laugh about. I really liked the sound of her laughter. It was like the church bells, chiming their melodies, pure as is.

Walking side by side our hands would touch occasionally, giving me sensations I was starting to get used to. I had never felt like that with any woman's touch. Maybe because I never had a woman touch me. It felt as if we were connected somehow. "Don't lose her," I remembered my mom's words. She knows the connection.

We sat down on the pavement of the fountain in front of the church. She scooted closer to me and laid her head on my shoulder giving out a contented sigh.

"You know Allen, this is where I got married," she said out of the blue.

"Really?" I asked looking back at the church, imagining her in the bridal dress walking down the aisle.

"Yes, Edward was stunned when he saw me in the bridal dress. Father has to shake him to get his thoughts focussed and say 'I do'. It took all of my wit to stop myself from bursting into laughter. All my friends were cheering and laughing as he picked me up and ran outside the church into his car. It took everything for us not to tear each other's clothes off and fuck our brains out then and there. But it happened anyway, not in the church though," she chuckled at the end of the statement.

" A year later we had Ana. We were so happy. We thought that our world was complete. We thanked god many times for giving us such a beautiful child." A tear trickled down her cheek wetting my T- shirt.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"Cancer," she said sitting straight up and wiping the tears.

"I'm sorry," I said feeling a loss of words.

She turned her head, looked at me smilingly. "Me too Allen. Me too."

We just sat there in silence.

"Silly me. The night is still young and I'm talking like our date has ended," she said standing up. "Come on. I know a place where we can chug down a beer or two."

I stood up and she took my hand. We both walked hand in hand, feeling our connection building up.

Ten minutes later we entered a local bar. The crowd there was heavy . The music was roaring, almost at a deafening level. We made our way to the bar and ordered the drinks. There was no point in talking as nothing could be heard with such loud music in the background.

There was a big guy sitting beside us at the bar. He came up to us and shouted over the loud music.

"Come dance with me sexy lady. Let me show you what being with a man feels like. I'm sure this kid here isn't your type of guy," he said in deep gruffly voice. I could smell booze he had. He was walking trouble.

Melissa shook her head trying to refuse him politely.

He came closer and grumbled maliciously. "You wouldn't want to deny me pretty lady. You are going to come with me. You are going to dance with me. Then I will fuck you and then you will know what being with a man really feels like."

He grabbed a hold on Melissa's hand and tugged at it. It was all it took for me to get up from my seat and hold his hand he was clutching Melissa with.

"You stay out of it boy! Or you will pay," he said with blood in his eyes.

I said nothing just increased the strength of my grip. I kept on squeezing his hand until I reached the bone. He screamed as I further increased the pressure and his grip on Melissa's wrist loosened. There were marks on her wrist which seemed to hurt her. My anger grew to its peak and I landed a punch on his face. There was a pop sound the big guy slumped to the ground. The pain in my knuckles told me that he was not going to get up any time soon.

Between everything that has happened I heard Melissa calling to me. She took my hand and got us out of there. We hired a cab and took a sigh of relief. Now that the hype of the situation was gone I could feel the pain shoot up from my knuckles to my brain. I winced and Melissa chuckled. I shot her a look and she giggled.

"What?! You were all brave in there and now I can see the real you. Not much of a fighter, but you landed a solid punch there."

"Yeah, but my hand doesn't feel so good about it," I said.

"Thank you for standing up for me. I can't imagine what he would have done if it weren't for you," she muttered, her head hung low. I could feel her trembling. I scooted close to her and put my arm around her squeezing her into me. She breathed into my chest and her trembling calmed down.

The cab pulled outside Melissa's house. We got into the house and she went in to check on Ana. I saw Emma nodding off on the couch. Melissa came back and gestured me that Ana was asleep. Not wanting to wake Emma up we quietly went into the kitchen and Melissa grabbed the first aid kit on its way. My knuckles were bleeding so she washed them then applied the antiseptic and wrapped the bandage around them.

"It is going to swell. Make sure you get hand checked for any broken bones or line fractures," she said going into her doctor mode. I just nodded. We both stood up and walked to the door.

I turned around. "Do you think I deserve that kiss on the cheek and second date you were talking about?" I asked with a glint of naughtiness in my eyes.

She smiled and came forward. I was delighted and presented her my cheek to kiss. What she did next was totally unexpected. She took my hand placed it on her hip. My eyes widened in surprise. She snaked her other hand around my neck and gripped my hair, drawing me closer. Then I felt her lips touch mine. It felt as if I was in heaven. The feeling of her soft lips pressed to mine was divine. My heartbeat increased and I could feel the blood rush up to my ears. She leaned into me pressing her bosoms into my chest. We both broke the kiss as we were running short of breath. Panting heavily she laid her head onto my chest.

"I think you got your answers," she said breathily.

"Mmmm..hmmm."

We parted and I was smiling as I made my way to my house.

"I'm not going to lose her mom."

Chapter Five

The next couple of weeks were like day dream for me. Melissa called me the next week letting me know about our second date. She said that one of her friends was organizing a birthday party and asked me to join her. I tried to deny her telling her that they were her friends and that they might become uncomfortable with a stranger around them.

"You are not a stranger to me Allen," she said matter of factly.

"Are you sure? Because you've known me only for a week."

"Yeah I know. But I feel like I've known you for years," she said rather sweetly.

"Well that's very philosophical of you," I quipped.

"Are you coming or not?" she asked again.

"Can I say no?" I teased.

"Don't even think about it," she spat.

"Okay I'll be there to pick you up," I said admitting defeat.

"I'll be waiting for you," she said before hanging up.

An hour later I found myself standing in front of a big mansion. This certainly was the Porsche area of the city. I didn't even imagined to be here, let alone attending a party here. Melissa stepped beside me. She was wearing a yellow gown which showed off her shapely legs. Her ample cleavage was also on display. My jaw dropped as I saw her for the first time in that dress. Her eyes sparkled as she saw the effect she was having on me. She gave the sexiest of smile as she approached me. She gave me a quick kiss on lips then went past me towards my car.

And here we were standing in front of the biggest mansion I have ever seen.

"Are you sure we are at the right address? This is a pretty big house you know," I asked clearly amused.

"Yeah it is indeed a big house. But we are at the right address. My friend is a successful businessman. He certainly can afford a plate for two people like us. Don't worry, Alex is a nice guy. I'm sure he will like you."

She saw confusion plainly written on my face. She stood on her toes and gave me a sensuous kiss. That seemed to put me somewhat at ease. She took my hand as we walked in the mansion. It looked bigger from the inside than it looked from outside. I could see many men and women wearing expensive dresses chatting about the business and its muses. I was wearing a tuxedo my mother bought me for my prom night. I never wore it though. I thought it would be perfect as Melissa asked me to dress nicely.

Still I felt underdressed between such big businessmen with their expensive suit. I was totally out of place there.

"Mel!" someone exclaimed from behind.

"Alex! It's so nice to meet you!" Melissa said, hugging him.

"Where have you been? Last time I saw you was at your wedding which was what? Six years ago? What happened?"

"Life happened Alex. We just got busy with our lives, then Ana came along and I just got busy with being a mom. Then Edward's illness drained the life out of me. Now here I am," she said explaining everything to her friend.

"I'm so sorry for your loss Mel. I came to know only when I came in town."

"It's okay."

Alex turned towards me. "Oh! Sorry. Allen this is Alex Ferell my friend. We've known each other for a long time. And Alex this is Allen McAllister my patient and my boyfriend."

My eyes widened at her last comment. She looked at me square in the eye telling me not to say a word, so I kept shut.

"It's nice to meet you," I said shaking his hand.

"Pleasure's mine. You my friend is a very lucky. You know guys would go crazy to be with her. But she chose you, that makes you special," he said pointing the obvious.

"Well I know nothing about me being special, but she certainly is a special woman. I'm glad that I found her," I said looking in her eyes, my own feelings getting ahead of me.

We both fell silent, lost in each other's eyes. That was when I realised that even though I've known her only for a week, but she now holds my heart.

"Very well. You both enjoy the dinner. I have some guests to meet. I'll catch you later....if I get free."

Alex walked past them to attend the guest that had recently arrived. I stole glances at Melissa and found her eyeing me suspiciously.

"What was that?" she asked.

"What was what?" I asked innocently.

"The look you had back there?"

"Well excuse me my lady, you were the one who lied to your friend about me being your lover. Now you are accusing for being a real good actor? That's very kind of you."

"That didn't looked like acting at all," she said, still not believing me.

"It means that I was too good an actor for you to understand."

She made a face then flapped her hands dismissively. We went through the dinner then wished Alex again before taking leave. She didn't seemed to let go of my hand the entire evening, not that I minded though. It felt too good to deny.

Chapter Six

A week later we went shopping. She had to get something for her living room and some clothes for Ana. The Valentine day was approaching so the mall was full of things related to love. Heart shaped soft toys could be seen all around. I watched in amazement as Melissa dragged me from one shop to another. Her shopping skills were truly amazing. By the end of the day both my hands were filled with dozens of shopping bags.

She went into the jewellery section and as she passed a shop she froze. I glanced in the direction she was looking and saw a beautiful diamond studded ring in the showcase. It looked as if she was mesmerised by its beauty. She adored it for a minute or two then started walking again. I noticed that I have seen this ring before. I couldn't quite place where I have seen it, but it seemed familiar to me.

"Hey! You got a job to follow me you know," she said glancing back at me.

"Aye Aye captain!" I said as I began following her with all those shopping bags.

We've been together for about a month now. We've gone out, had fun, fooled around with drinks. Of course she kept teasing me. Giving me those sexy glances and an eyeful view of her cleavage occasionally. But that was it. She used to tell me everything about her day like a teenage girl. Then she would say something which reflected her strong nature. That's what I loved about her. Sometimes she can be as giddy as a teenager, then she would hold herself showing her strong persona. It was just in my heart, but I did loved her.

A day before Valentine's day, she invited me to her house for dinner. As eager I was to meet her, I quickly agreed.

"Aha! You are here," she said opening the door and hugging me.

"Well you invited me so.." I shrugged.

"Yeah I know. Come on in. Ana has been waiting for you."

Ana came running into the living room as she heard my voice and crushed herself against me giving me a fierce hug. We have grown quite close. We both solved puzzles and play video games together every time I visited Melissa. She'd start blabbing about her day in school and how boys teased her for her red cheeks and little nose. Melissa would start laughing and she would look at her mother with a cute little pout. I would kiss her cheeks and nuzzle her nose.

"Tell them that your cheeks are red because your friend has kissed you," I would say. This would earn me a cute smile from her.

I entered the dining area and saw that the table was already set. We all settled down and said our prayers.

"Mom! Can I eat in front of the TV? My favourite show is going to start soon. I promise I will not spill," Ana asked.

Melissa nodded and Ana took her plate and made her way in front of the TV.

"So? Got any plans for this Valentine? Are you asking anyone out?" she asked.

"Well yeah I actually am going to ask someone out."

"Can I ask who that lucky person is?" she asked again. Giving me the look she used to give when she doesn't likes something.

"I would be honoured to tell you that the person I'm asking out is sitting right next to me," I said taking her hand in mine. Her eyes glowed, listening to what I said. I held onto her hand for a few moment, caressing it then we both ate in silence.

I wiped the dishes as she washed them. She was humming an old tune which I didn't recognize. Her body swaying to the beat of it.

"You sure you don't want to go out with someone your age instead of an old cow like me?" she asked the same question again. The question she has been constantly asking since we started hanging out together. I have to do something to settle her insecurity. So decided to take a rather bold move.

I came close to her and made her face me. She was looking down as if avoiding the obvious. I placed a finger below her chin and made her look in my eye. My hand made its way to her back drawing her close to me. Her eyes had that confused look as she couldn't believe what she saw in my eyes. I dipped my head and her lips met mine. She sighed contently as she melted into my arms. Her tension released as I sucked on her lips. Soft lips made perfectly for me to kiss. She parted her lips and her tongue made its way into my mouth. I welcomed it and sucked on it tasting the sweetness of her mouth. Then I probed my tongue into her mouth and she accepted my intrusion. My hand made its way down her hips and I took hold of her soft ass cheeks. She groaned into my mouth as I squeezed them a little.

We both parted gasping as we were both out of breath. Her eyes were filled with desire, a thirst she wanted to quench. I pulled her again and kissed her, harder this time, kneading her ass with both of my hands. I pulled back again and hugged her close to me. Bringing my lips close to her ears I whispered.

"I want to be with you because I love you."

I squeezed her tightly for a moment the let go of her.

"Be ready tomorrow. I will pick you up at seven in the evening," I said and stepped close to her once again. "And wear something that will come off easily, because I don't want to tear your clothes down. You know I'm gonna do it," I whispered in her ear.

I stepped back and walked out of the kitchen leaving her there in her daze.

I drove back home a little later and saw my mom sitting in the passenger seat.

"You should look into my drawer. You will find something you can give her," she said smiling at me.

"What?" I asked having no clue what she was talking about.

"You'll know when you see it," she said before fading away.

I got home and started rummaging through her drawers. I found nothing except some papers and few dollars. I stuffed them into my pocket the kept on looking for something I can give Melissa tomorrow. Something she will remember through her entire life.

I opened the last drawer where my mother kept her private things and I found something I've seen before. There was a ring inside a blue velvet box with a small slip attached to it. 'To my love Beth' it said. Tears pooled into my eyes. This was my mother's ring. The one my father gave her. And the most amazing thing was that it looked exactly like the ring he saw in the showcase at the mall. The one that caught Melissa's attention.

"Told you," came my mother's voice. She was sitting on her bed smiling lovingly at me. "That you will find something."

I said nothing just sat beside her and cried on her shoulders as she held me.

"Thank you mom. I love you so much," was all I could say.

She hummed in her sweet voice. "I know. And I love you too."

Chapter seven

To say that Melissa was shocked would be an understatement as she saw a Limo parked up in front of her house. One of my friend from high school knew someone who rented such cars for special occasions. I also hired a driver as I wanted to be in the back with Melissa.