Yin / Yang

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Councilman Jones called for the floor, the Council Chairman granted permission and Councilman Jones spoke, "Ladies and gentlemen of the county council I would like to put forth and propose an amendment to the county charter. County amendment number 157 the 'Defense of Marriage' amendment. Said amendment would define the act of marriage as a contract or union between members of the opposite sex, i.e. 'between a man and a woman' and ban the registration and issuance of marriage licenses to 'couples' not meeting these criteria i.e. 'members of the same sex' within the limits of this county."

Before Councilman Jones could continue his proposal chaos erupted in the council chambers as people opposed to the amendment began shouting down Councilman Jones.

"What do you mean 'couples'?", shouted a man sporting a black t-shirt with the phrase 'Ask me about the secret homosexual agenda' splayed across the front.

Similar phrases and insults began to fly and Deline was wondering if her attendance today might have been a mistake when finally order was restored by the council chairman pounding his gavel in rapid fashion.

"Order! Order! This session will come to order!" The Council Chairman's face had turned blood red as he shouted down the eruption of noise from the amendments opponents.

"Everyone will have a chance to voice their support or opposition to the amendment prior to the vote." Grumblings continued, but significantly muted from their previous volume. "Any further outburst will be met with ejection from the session and your opinion being silenced. So be patient and wait your turn."

While patiently waiting her turn, Deline had an opportunity to listen to the opposition present their case. How can they not see? How can they not know God doesn't want this? Besides homosexuality is a sin and against everything she held dear and so when the time came she approached the microphone and spoke about how this amendment was good for the county and would protect families and the institution of marriage. After a brief pause she was thanked for her response and was asked to take her seat. Deline stepped aside feeling confidant in the presentation of her arguments and took her seat. While she had been speaking she hadn't noticed a young woman had taken the seat next to hers. She was of moderate build, her hair of modest length tied into a pony tail. Her face was plain with no makeup and her clothing that of any typical 'soccer mom', sweat pants and top in a color long since faded from multiple washings. Deline glanced over and gave a curt smile as she sat down. The woman glanced back, and gave a polite nod.

"So do you think the amendment will pass? I sure hope so. All these 'different' people are really starting to worry me about the influence these things will have on our young people."

The young woman stood and faced Deline. Cocking an eyebrow she spoke with a voice born from years of fighting a silent battle, steady and commanding, "I wouldn't know, I'm one of those 'different' people". The woman turned and walked away leaving Deline with an expression of complete puzzlement at what had just transpired.

Funny she didn't look like one of those people she thought. Oh well guess we'll just have to see what happens. Deline turned her attention once more to the proceedings at hand. Eventually it came to a vote and the draft of the amendment passed. Now it would go to a referendum vote, but that wouldn't happen until the next general election a year and a half away.

...

Councilman Jones dodged the protesters as he made his way from the council chambers towards his office. As he approached he spotted Deline Andersen waiting patiently by the door. She'd been his biggest supporter for this amendment and her church had been instrumental in his re-election this last time, drumming up votes in a flagging conservative constituency within the county.

Deline spotted Councilman Jones as he fought his way through the crowd of people at the end of the hall, his wider than normal girth made maneuvering difficult in the tight confines of the hallway, but he seemed to manage ok. He was an older gentleman with graying hair and a body that hadn't managed to keep up with his younger counterparts on the council, but what he lacked in physical appearance he seemed to make up for with political power. His family had been involved in county politics for at least two or three generations and on more than one occasion had greatly influenced party politics at the higher levels in the state.

"Mrs. Andersen! So good to see you again!" his voice belied his real desire to have his way with her.

"Councilman Jones, how good to see you again as well", Deline greeted him with a polite, but firm handshake before he opened the door to his office.

"Please come in. What can I do for you today?" he asked.

"Well I wanted to know if there was anything else I or my group could do to help in getting this amendment ratified?" she asked. Deline had worked feverously to get the amendment this far and she wasn't about to back down now.

Taking a seat behind his chair he leaned back and rubbed his chin with a thumb and forefinger, "Not sure at this point. It would seem it's up to the electorate now. I have to say though it wouldn't have gotten nearly this far without you and your group's help. There may even be a possibility of this being reviewed higher up within the state legislature if it goes well here. Time will tell. You should probably wait until after the next referendum before making any more noise. Wouldn't want folks to get too spoiled by the publicity this has generated."

"Agreed. I'll have my group back off a bit, so as not to ruin our good fortune so far." Deline could sense this had a chance this time.

"Well again if it passes here then a similar bill will have a better chance at the state level. So far the split is in our favor so anything we can do to firm up that edge will help a great deal."

"Well like I said we'll back off a bit, but there may be something we can do behind the scenes. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Goodbye Mr. Jones" As Deline turned and exited the Councilman office, he looked up to imagine his own 'behind the scenes' work he'd like to do with her.

3

"Brrring! Brrring!" Tom's hand flashed out for the telephone receiver on his desk. The phone had been ringing off the hook all week and Tom was really starting to think he might pull his business around and get it back on track. Tom picked up the receiver and spoke smartly into it.

"Anderson Distributors, this is Tom can I help you?"

"I don't know can you? I hope I didn't tire you out after our last encounter" Sarah replied.

Tom's heart skipped a beat as Sarah spoke. He'd been on pins and needles for a week since their last rendezvous waiting to hear what she had planned. Thinking of their last encounter also stirred his cock a bit.

"I think I can manage" he said casually. "So what's up? Did your friend come through? Will she do it?" Just what "it" was Tom had no idea, but he was sure it would work.

"She really didn't have much choice actually since she owed me a big favor from a distant past."

"Really so what do I do?" he asked.

"Tell your wife that since business is looking up you'd like to spend a little on her and the house. Tell her you'd like her to redecorate the house and that the sky's the limit, but she's only to use the interior designer you're going to provide her", Sarah's voice became flat almost business like as she spoke, "I've setup an appointment for her to meet the designer this Friday at 1pm. The designer's name is Nina at Sapphic Interior Designs. The office is located downtown just off the main plaza next to the Haig drug store"

Tom felt elated that Sarah had pulled this through and couldn't wait to get home and get the ball rolling as it were.

"This is perfect since Friday is our anniversary. Is there anything else?" Tom voice cracked a bit from his excitement as he spoke. He'd tried to keep his emotion under control, but just couldn't do it.

"Yes, yes there is." She replied, "You're to show up at the same office at 2pm and ask to see Nina right away. And be sure that you tell Deline you'll meet her there at that time. Don't be late and be prepared for the surprise of your life, because if all goes according to plan, you'll have everything, including me." Sarah said firmly.

"I... I... love you" Tom stammered as he tried get the words out. He'd never said them to Sarah in all the months they'd been seeing each other and now just seemed like the appropriate time.

"I know you do and I love you too and soon we'll be able to have our own life together. We'll meet Friday evening at my place say around seven hmm?"

"Yeah... ok... sure your place at seven. Bye" Tom said as he hung up the phone quickly.

It was just after three on Wednesday and his secretary Justine could handle things from here he thought. I think I'll just go home right now and get this underway.

Tom packed his briefcase, told Justine told "mind the store" and took the rest of the afternoon off.

4

It was too easy he thought to himself as he took the dog out for a walk. Deline was elated since she always liked to dress up the house and try different styles. She had told him she thought he was up to something and was overjoyed that he'd given her this opportunity to redo the house.

Her only disappointment was having the designer already chosen for her. He remembered her words distinctly:

"Tom what if I don't like what this woman has to say? What if I don't like her designs? I mean isn't it a little risky to blindly go with someone we know nothing about? I would at least like to speak with a couple other designers before we decide on whom we should hire." she'd said.

"I know and typically I would agree, but this is special to me and she comes highly recommended from one if my clients. We're supposed to get a cut rate on the work and since we'd be saving money on it I decided to give you cart blanch on what could be done." This was true Sarah was a client even if she was also his lover.

"Well I'd still like to find another designer to consult as well, but I'll see this person first if it will make you happy" She replied solemnly.

"Thank you" was his only answer as he left to walk the dog.

Entanglement

1

Tom was nervous and fidgety the rest of the week. To him Friday couldn't get here quickly enough and when it did it finally arrive it was all he could do to control himself until the appointed hour arrived. He'd already figured out it would take him thirty minutes to get to the designers office so his plan was to take a late lunch and leave around 1:30. His eyes darted furtively to the white-faced clock on his office wall. God only ten o'clock, I've got to find something to do or I'll go insane... God I hope this works he thought...

*

After seeing Tom off to work that morning Deline performed her morning workout, showered and laid out the outfit she was going to wear to the Nina's office. While Deline was not a vain person she was also no slouch and tried to take care of her body as well as her soul. She felt that since her body was the vessel to her soul, her soul was only as fit as her body and therefore she needed to keep it fit as well.

She selected a nice pair of grey slacks, a pink blouse and grey pumps to go with them. Not too business like, but not to casual. Standing in her bra and panties in front of the mirror she surveyed her outward appearance and decided that a trip the salon would be in order after she met with Nina and Tom. She decided her blond hair could use a trim and besides since it was her anniversary she decided today it was ok to be a little vain. She'd confess for it later to even things up.

The morning passed without event and at 12 o'clock Deline departed for town, leaving herself enough time to stop at a coffee shop near the decorators and get something to drink.

*

"Hey! Drummer boy!" Justine yelled as heard Tom tapping a ruler on his desk. He quickly stopped and gently placed the ruler on his desk. Justine glanced at the clock and saw it was only a little past twelve. God I wish he'd take his lunch now instead of later she thought. He's going to drive me nuts in a minute. Tom's fidgeting got worse the closer it got to 1:30.

*

Deline ordered a cup of coffee and took a seat near the front window of the coffee shop. She watched as people went about their daily chores and meandered about the downtown plaza. She sometimes wondered if God had bigger plans for her and Tom...

*

Tom decided to walk down to the corner store and get a candy bar and a soda to pass the time. He glanced at his watch, 12:55. Not long now he thinks as he picks up his pace...

*

After finishing her coffee, Deline waited until just a few minutes before 1 o'clock, before leaving the coffee shop and walking across the street to Sapphic Interior Designs. Odd how their logo is two women intertwined in a passionate kiss, how disgusting she said to herself as she crossed the street.Bad enough that they live in our community and now they want to marry? Must remember to look into this "Nina" person when I'm done here.

A bell above the door rang as she entered the main office area. A blond haired woman wearing a black business suit approached Deline from behind a desk.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, my name is Deline Anderson and I have an appointment to see Nina?" Deline replied casually.

"Yes, Nina is expecting you, but she's been delayed. Can I show around our design studio? My name is Cathy by the way, pleased to meet you." Cathy extended her hand and Deline accepted the light but firm handshake.

"Sure, uh thank you"

Deline followed Cathy around the main studio area where all the materials and displays were kept. Deline noticed the wall of customers which displayed a large portion of the work the firm has done over the last few years. All of it seems very outdoorish or natural in color.

Eventually Cathy guided Deline to a room down a long hallway from the main entrance, opened the door to let Deline in and then closed and quietly locked the door from the outside. The room is stark white with a table against the left wall and two folding metal chairs nearby. A box a little larger than a shoebox rested on the far end of the table.

Deline immediately got a shiver from the coolness of the room as she settled into a chair near the table. The cool air aroused her nipples making two small "bumps" appear on the front of her blouse.My goodness it's cool in here she thought to herself.

Glancing around some more she noticed four heavy gauge eyebolts protruding from the wall opposite the door she entered. Two of the bolts were about six feet off the floor and five feet apart. The remaining two were the same distance apart and directly below the other two, about a foot off the floor. In the center of the room was what looked like a drain.

Deline shifted her legs and realized she has to pee. After ten minutes went by she decided she didn't want to hold it anymore, stood up and went to the door only to discover it was locked.

Hmm, that's odd I don't remember her locking the door. Something must have happened when Cathy closed it. She tapped on the door, "Hello, Cathy?" she called. No reply. She tried again, but still no reply.I wonder where she went. Deline wandered over to where the box was sitting on the table. The flaps were loose and Deline began to lift one flap...

Click, click. She heard the door latch sound and let the flap fall closed as she turned to face the door. The door opened and in walked Cathy carrying two cups of coffee, followed by two other women, both dressed in black outfits, one with long black hair, the other shoulder length blond hair. Deline noticed the black haired woman's hair formed a very prominent widows peak on her forehead as she turns toward Deline. The other blond woman looked much like Cathy and carried a bundle of fabric and a small nondescript bottle

The black haired woman stepped forward and introduced herself in a soft and soothing voice, "Hello, I'm Nina, you must be Deline". Deline noticed that Nina's outfit is not only black, but leather as well.

"My apologies, I was detained. This is my other assistant Eve. Say hello Eve."

"Hello."

"No trouble at all thank you for taking the time to see me" Deline replied.

Cathy stepped forward and extended her right hand with the coffee, "Would you care for some coffee?" Deline accepted the coffee with a thank you and proceeded to ask if she might use the bathroom before they get started.

"I'm sorry our bathroom is out of order at the moment. Can you wait?" Nina replies.

Deline pondered her need to relieve herself and decided she can wait but not for long.

"Yes. I can wait for a little bit."

"Good, good. Please... take a seat."

Deline returned to her chair and opening up her purse she removed interior pictures of the house and hands them to Nina for her review. Nina took the other chair, positioned it to face Deline and sat down.

"How charming," Nina says as she flips through the twenty or so pictures. "Did you do this yourself?" she asks.

"Well I did some of it, but most was done by a friend of the family when we inherited the house from my parents a few years ago and while they did a good job it wasn't what we really wanted. I've been hoping to have the opportunity to re-visit some of the rooms and redecorate them myself, but we're only now just getting the money to do this. My husband Tom said you came highly recommended by one of his clients, so... here I am!" Deline's voice perked up a bit as she finished speaking.

Nina raised her hand briefly, "Well Deline I hope you like natural fibers and colors as that is what we tend to work with at this studio as you probably saw out front." Behind Nina, Eve had placed the fabric samples on the table and with her back to Deline and Nina opened the bottle and emptied the liquid onto the fabric samples. She closed the bottle, turned around and handed the fabric samples to Nina who handed them to Deline.

"These are some of the colors I'd like you to consider. All our fabrics come with natural odor enhancements that give them a fresh outdoor smell so please take whiff and tell me what you think. Don't be shy either, hold them close so you get the full effect."

Deline took the fabric samples from Nina and held it to her face and inhaled deeply. Suddenly she felt a little light headed...

"Go ahead, you'll see what I mean and I'm sure you'll like it" Nina's voice grew faint as Deline breathed in the chloroformed fabric. Getting dizzy... Can't keep my eyes ope... Deline dropped the fabric samples and passed out slumping forward in her chair her head hitting the table.

*

Tom returned from the store just in time to tell Justine he's going to lunch.I hope it's good because this has got to work he thinks too himself as he began his "journey to freedom".

*

"Wha... what's happened?" Deline awakened to the odor of smelling salts as Nina stood before her. She looked around and discovered she was secured to the wall where the eyebolts are located. A pair of handcuffs secured each of her hands and feet to a separate eyebolt leaving her vertically spread-eagled wearing only her panties and a bra.

"What are you doing?" Deline asks her voice sounding a bit panic-stricken. She struggled against her restraints, but discovered it's useless and relaxed her arms.

"Let me go please I beg you... I don't understand what's happening here... Why have you done this to me?" The panic in her voice grows further.

"All things in due time, all things in due time" Nina replied matter of factly. "You've heard the phrase curiosity killed the cat haven't you?" Deline nodded her head yes.