You Get What You Need 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JayDavid
JayDavid
653 Followers

"Makes sense," Sally said, to fill the space in the conversation.

"Anyway," Jack continued, "we haven't spent enough time together recently, one on one, so can I take you out for dinner this weekend?"

Sally paused. A few weeks ago, she would have jumped at the opportunity to have dinner with Jack, and the great sex that likely would follow. But she hesitated, realizing that she really didn't want to.

"Jack, I'm sorry, but I don't think we should see each other anymore," Sally said, trying but not completely succeeding to be firm.

Jack's eyes opened a bit wide with surprise. "Was something that happened the other night? If so, I'm sorry."

"Not exactly," Sally said.

"Then why?" Jack asked. "I thought you were O.K. with having a no strings attached kind of relationship."

"I am, but I realized that I can be selfish. I like to be in control of my relationships, and with you, I feel like you come to me when someone better isn't available."

Jack looked hurt, but before he could speak, Sally continued. "That sounded harsh, and I'm sorry. What I mean is that I want to be with guys who want to focus their attentions on me. I don't want to be one of many, and with you, I think that that is where I stand. You are a great guy, nice, smart, considerate and an incredible lover. You are maybe the best guy I have ever met, and if I was looking for a committed relationship, I think that I would want you. But neither of us do, so I don't think I want to keep going this way."

Jack smiled. "If you had known me before the end of high school, you would be amused by this situation. The idea that a beautiful, smart and sexy woman like you would turn me down because I am seeing too many other women is not something that I could ever have contemplated. But, I understand and respect your decision. I hope that we can still be friends, though. Really."

Sally was surprised at how easy that was, and how comfortable she felt passing up any continued relationship with a guy who had been her unrequited crush, and who turned out to be almost everything that she would have wanted. But she knew it was the right call.

JayDavid
JayDavid
653 Followers