You See Right Through Me Ch. 04

Story Info
A long awaited proposal.
3k words
4.59
19.1k
17

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 08/19/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everyone, first I do want to apologize for the late update of my story and this only happened due to the fact that my previous editor that I had been working with left me stranded. I've found a new editor so this how I'm able to post the fourth chapter of my story. S.W. Thank you so much for saving me.

*****

Xavier stripped off the rest of his clothes and lifted Brianna into the bathroom with him. She stood silently watching as he washed off the remnants of their lovemaking on her body since she'd already taken a shower earlier. He kissed her one last time then told her to go into the bedroom; he would be there in a while.

He sighed, feeling good. He could never get enough of this woman. After three years, every sexual encounter still felt like the very first time. He loved her so much. A sudden squeal of delight came from the bedroom and he smiled. She saw his surprise.

Xavier had made plans to take Brianna out for dinner that night. He'd stopped and bought her a new dress. But it wasn't just any dress. It was a beautiful designer, body hugging, shimmering gold dress. She had first seen it at her favorite shopping boutique. It was the most expensive dress in the store and it came in only her size and it was the only one. Brianna had wanted it badly but thought it was too much money to spend on one dress. He'd told her countless times that she could have anything she wanted, and needed to never worry about the money. He was a highly paid lawyer and made more than enough.

At first Xavier wasn't sure what to buy for her. He knew her taste in fashion but he wanted to get something that would really surprise her, the very same way she did for him with her little exotic dance the other night. Xavier knew his sister Xania, knew Brianna better than he did and he called and asked her for advice. He was thrilled when she told him about the dress they'd seen at the boutique and just as he expected, Xania was curious but he gave her nothing more than he was just taking Brianna to dinner.

After dropping Shorna off at the office, he followed Xania's directions to the boutique and was relieved to find out that the dress had not been sold. Upon seeing the dress he knew it was made just for Brianna. The shimmering gold material was going to compliment the soft golden tan of her skin. The price did not faze him, though he would understand why Brianna would refuse to buy it. He knew from her upbringing that she felt obligated that there were those that were less fortunate and she sometimes felt guilty accepting his gifts when he brought her expensive jewelry. But to Xavier, it was part of who he was and he only loved splurging on his woman. The owner of the boutique even suggested a pair of matching gold Louboutin platforms and he didn't mind buying that too.

Xavier wrapped the towel around his waist and strolled into the bedroom. "What is all the screaming about?" he asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Brianna ran to him and threw her arms around his neck, giving him a long passionate kiss. "How did you know?"

He chuckled. "I know my woman has great taste in fashion so when I saw it I thought it was something she would definitely wear." He shrugged and guiltily averted his eyes.

Brianna squinted her own eyes disbelievingly at him.

"What? You think I don't know my own woman?" He feigned insult.

"The only person that knows I wanted this dress was your sis."

"Well I guess that's why we're twins."

"Right... okay," she said trying to hide her pleased smile.

Xavier slid her body slowly down his body and Brianna felt his growing erection poking her stomach. This man never gets tired, she thought, feeling her nether region reacting to that revelation.

"I would love to taste this pussy again but we have to be at the restaurant for six thirty. We don't have reservations." He dipped his head and muffled into her neck.

His words and warm breath made Brianna shudder but the word 'restaurant' reminded her of him and Shorna together earlier but she quickly dismissed it. She was more than thrilled he was taking her out to dinner tonight and she didn't want to spoil the beginnings of a wonderful evening.

********

Brianna looked herself up and down in the full length mirror and beamed. The beautiful design of the dress made her seem naked and covered in shimmering gold. Paired with the gold Louboutin platforms Xavier bought, it was a perfect combination. Turning sideways, she loved how the dress hugged her body and accentuated her curves. It fit as if it was made only for her.

She accessorized with a pair of gold studs and a thin linked gold chain that had a heart shaped pendant hanging from it. These were her favorite pieces of jewelry and they went perfect with the dress. Her golden brown hair tumbled around her shoulders in soft lustrous waves. Her richly smooth tan skin was flawless and glowed. Even the minimal makeup she wore only added to her already breath-taking beauty. Her honey colored eyes shined with all the happiness she felt. Brianna spritzed on some of her Jean Paul Gaultier, looked in the mirror one last time then grabbed her matching gold purse from the bed. She had him waiting long enough.

Brianna entered the living room and stopped awestruck when she found Xavier sitting on the sofa. His eyes were focused on a basketball game showing on the large flat screen television. He was unaware of her presence and Brianna used that moment to ogle him. God, he looked so damn sexy. He was dressed in a cream colored, long sleeved, fitted sweater and dark slacks. The sweater outlined every groove and contour of his muscles. With him leaning forward, elbows resting on both knees and him clutching the remote in both hands and with his legs slightly parted, his posture oozed masculine self-assurance and divine strength. And as if he sensed her eyes on him, Xavier looked up from the television and his intense grey eyes held her captive.

Xavier stared at Brianna for a moment mesmerized by her beauty and without tearing away his eyes from her, clicked off the television. He got up and moved towards her, never once looking away. The way his eyes engulfed her in open adoration made Brianna feel as if she was looking back into the full length mirror, clarifying just how beautiful she looked tonight.

Xavier took her hand and pirouetted her around so he could admire every inch of her. Then he wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled, "Mmmm...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm. Let me have you for dinner tonight," he muffled. Brianna giggled and sighed happily.

"I'm a lawyer and I am expected to have code of etiquette, but you look so fucking gorgeous and this dress just makes you look so damn fuckable. I might just have to kill someone tonight", he mumbles.

The way he always talked dirty to her always made her blush. "You can't," she says breathless, trying to ignore the tickling sensation of his lips against her neck.

"Can't what?"

"Can't kill anyone."

He smiles. "Why not?"

"Because if you end up going to prison, I cannot live without you," she whispers earnestly.

Xavier squeezed her to him, delighting in the feel of her small frame in his arms. Though Brianna stood at five feet seven and her head only reached his shoulders in heels, she was perfect for him. A special moment passed between them before he finally lifted his face away from her neck. Undisguised emotion flickered in his eyes before he bent back down and kissed her passionately. When Xavier knew he had accomplished turning her legs to noodles, he pulled back and said with a voice thick with desire, "Let's go before I change my mind."

They got to the restaurant just after six. The maître d gave them an exuberant welcome and then guided them to a table. Being a very well-known and respected lawyer had its perks and though Xavier and Brianna did not have any reservations, the maître d still gave them one of the best tables in the restaurant.

As they followed behind the maître d to their table, Xavier noticed the way other men stared at Brianna. Though they already had their own women sitting in front of them, they were still unable to hide their interest. Smiling inwardly with pride, Xavier slipped his arm around her waist possessively, drawing her closer to him. Brianna looked up at him beaming, unaware of the attention she was getting, her honey orbs shining with happiness.

It had never once bothered Xavier the way other men would look at his woman. The most important thing was that he knew she belonged to him. Some men would go ape shit when another man stared at what they thought was theirs, but he took pride in it. Brianna was undeniably beautiful and he did expect other men to be struck by her beauty but he doesn't have to act like an asshole to let the world know she was his woman. Brianna knowing that she was his was all that mattered to him. Xavier knew the woman he was blessed with and he just wished she felt the same about him.

"This place is so exquisite, it takes my breath away every time we come here," Brianna gushed looking around at the tastefully designed decor of the restaurant. A mixture of adult contemporary R&B and Neo Soul penetrated the atmosphere.

"It's the best restaurant in the city and only the best for the best." He indicated staring at her. Brianna's cheeks flushed pink and she smiled shyly.

The couple ordered a champagne bucket of Dom Perignon and the chef's special for their meal. They basked in each other's company until the food was ready; laughing, joking and even teasing each other on the weekend that passed. The atmosphere that surrounded them was filled with both love and romance.

When the food finally arrived, the aromatic smell teased their nostrils making their mouths water. The meal looked and smelled delicious and they moaned in delight when the food finally touched their taste buds.

After dinner and just before they had dessert. the owner of the restaurant came to their table to greet them. He knew Xavier very well, with Xavier being his lawyer and close friend. Xavier brought business to Richard sometimes by recommendation or by entertaining some of his business associates to lunch or dinner.

Richard was a fifty something, very pleasant and easy going man that favored Xavier and treated him like he was his own son. He admired the younger man's determination and competence and was very proud of his success, especially becoming the youngest partner in his firm. Richard was Xavier's first client and over the four years since Xavier started, Richard was Xavier's most faithful.

"Xavier Zane. It's a pleasure to see you and your lady tonight," Richard greeted with a broad smile that caused age appropriate creases to appear on his lips. Xavier rose from the table and enveloped the older man in a brotherly hug.

"It is always a pleasure to see you, Richard."

Richard then turned and acknowledged Brianna, bending to give her a fatherly kiss on the cheek. "Ms. McKinley, I'm more than honored to be graced with your beauty tonight."

Brianna's heart warmed and she blushed at the older man's heartedness. "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Monèt.", she smiled.

"I can always see why this gentleman dotes on you. You are beautiful." he added, causing her to blush some more and making Xavier chuckle proudly.

Xavier's face then became serious. "Richard, I would have come looking for you but I am glad you made the effort to stop by my table. I need talk to you for only a moment." He said and Richard nodded.

"I'll be right back, baby," he bent and gave Brianna a soft kiss on her lips before following Richard.

Brianna didn't know what it could possibly be that would make him leave her side now but it didn't bother her. She was feeling so happy and couldn't contain it. She was being wined and dined by the love of her life and despite what took place earlier, nothing could dampen her spirit at the moment. Xavier had won her over completely by surprising her with the dress and Louboutin's. Even being on his arms made Brianna's heart flutter with pride and delight when some of the women couldn't stop their envy from showing on their faces. The night was going so well and she was having a great time. She could only imagine what he could do next.

Xavier came back with a wide smile on his face.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Other than me having the most beautiful woman on my arms?"

"Will you stop it?" she chastised him playfully.

"Stop what?"

"Stop making me blush so much," she answered sheepishly and causing him to chuckle. But then his face suddenly became serious and he took both of her hands in his own. Staring deep into her eyes he asked, "Do you know how happy you make me?"

She nodded, held by the intensity of his eyes. "Brianna, I love you with all my heart and I thank God every single day that I can wake up to you lying next to me every morning. I want you to believe that I'm never gonna do anything to hurt you or I'm never gonna leave you for anyone else. I know it is what you are afraid of, but I want you to know the heart of the man that you have and understand that I won't let anyone or anything come between us." He paused for a moment, seeming to gather his thoughts and then went on. "My mother taught me to always respect a woman and to do right by her, meaning to never make the choice to live under the same roof with her... unless we're married."

Brianna's breath hitched and her heartbeat quickened, confused as to why he was saying this.

Then Xavier took a deep breath and nodded his head once.

"Do you love me?" he asked solemnly.

"Yes, with all of my soul," she answered hastily.

It could have seemed a perfect coincidence but at that very moment the song, 'A Million' by John Legend, started playing in the background and then the maître d came to their table with a stainless steel covered platter. He rested it down in front of Brianna and then nodded his head at Xavier. Brianna frowned at the covered platter.

"What's this?" she asked, looking from him to the metal platter.

"It's dessert," he responded with a smile. He lifted the cover off the platter and she gasped. Her hands flew to her mouth and her eyes widened in shock.

In the center of the platter surrounded by whip cream and sliced strawberries made into a heart, was a Tiffany signature ring box.

"Open it," he urged.

Brianna touched the box with trembling fingers, still unable to contain her shock.

Tears started streaming down her face when she finally opened the box and saw what was in it; a platinum engagement ring. It was a round brilliant 5.31 karat diamond bordered by 18k rose gold, encrusted by 32 pink diamonds, their deep hues offset by smaller brilliant white diamonds. The ring was spectacular and fit only for a princess.

Brianna picked up the box with shaking hands. "I don't believe it," she muttered softly, staring at the beautifully designed engagement ring.

Xavier stood up from his chair, took the box from her shaking hands and got down on one knee in front of her. By then, everyone in the restaurant was witnessing the romantic moment. There were genuine smiles everywhere and some of the women even looked on wistfully.

Xavier picked up her trembling fingers and looked deep into her eyes. With his voice thick with emotion, he said, "Brianna McKinley, you made an honest man out of me and I'm sorry I didn't do it right the day I asked you to move in with me- will you marry me?"

Brianna's head started nodding even before he could finish asking the question. "Yes - yes - yes, I'll marry you!"

Xavier laughed and slipped the ring onto her finger and then she threw herself into his arms sobbing with joy, chanting over and over again, "I love you".

The whole restaurant exploded in whistles and applause. Richard appeared at their table again, this time to congratulate them with a triumphant smile. "I am truly grateful to have been a part of this, Xavier."

Brianna looked back and forth between the two men. "You knew about this?" Brianna asked. Then she remembered Richard owned the restaurant and then putting two and two together, it was the reason Xavier asked to speak to him earlier. She was still very much surprised, not expecting anything like this.

"Anything for this man." Richard responded with a proud smile, patting Xavier on his back. He spoke to them a little while longer then congratulated them a second time before leaving.

Brianna couldn't tear her eyes away from her sparkling engagement ring. It was stunning. And when she looked up at her new fiancé, she saw the undisguised love portrayed in his gray eyes.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it?" she answered incredulous. "Baby, I love it. You make me so happy."

"And you, Brianna McKinley, make me a very happy man."