Young Again Ch. 06

Story Info
They start to plan the wedding.
3.9k words
4.49
29k
10

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 02/16/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers

Brenna's belly swelled against her T-shirt, reminding Jerome that he needed to persuade her to let him buy her some new clothes. So far, even though at five months pregnant she had little that fit her anymore, she'd started worrying about money every time he'd mentioned shopping.

"Are you sure you don't want anything else for supper?" Brenna asked, turning from the stove. "Burgers and corn doesn't seem like much."

"It's plenty for me," Jerome replied. "You can make something else of you want, but you really should get off your feet for a while."

"I'm feeling okay." But Brenna moved the food off the burners and sat down. "I'm past the halfway point. The doctor said I should be okay from here on out, as long as I don't overdo. And I haven't overdone. I've barely done anything."

Jerome went to the stove and dished up supper for both of them. "You're doing plenty. You keep the house clean, you cook, and you're having our baby. That's a lot." He put a plate in front of Brenna. "There you go."

"Thanks." Brenna took a bite of her hamburger. "You're trying to make me feel better, and it isn't working. But I appreciate it."

The doorbell rang, and Jerome went to answer it. Why did people always show up during supper? He scowled until he opened the door to his younger daughter, Quinn, who carried an armful of magazines. "Hi, Dad," she said. She pushed past him into the house. "Is Brenna here? I want her to look at some wedding ideas."

"Quinn, I've told you we probably aren't going to have a big wedding." Jerome shut the door. "She's in the kitchen, but we're in the middle of supper."

"That's okay. She can look at pictures while she eats." She went into the kitchen, followed by Jerome. "Hi, Brenna," Quinn said cheerfully. "Want to talk wedding?"

"Not right now, Quinn." Brenna put her burger down. "I'm not really in the mood to look at pictures of skinny women in thousand-dollar wedding gowns."

"You look more beautiful than any of the women in those magazines," Jerome said.

Brenna glared at him. "Thanks for being patronizing."

"I meant it as a compliment."

"There's nothing to compliment. I sit around getting fatter and fatter and taking all your money, and I don't even look decent enough to go out anywhere because nothing fits me!" She burst into tears. "I hate this! I almost wish I'd lost the baby!" She got up and hurried from the room.

"Pregnant woman hormones," Quinn commented.

"It's more than that," Jerome said. "She's been like this for weeks. I'll be right back."

He went to the bedroom, where he found Brenna curled on her side on the bed. "Honey, are you all right?" Jerome asked.

"Leave me alone. How can you even look at me when I look like this?"

"To me, you really are beautiful." Jerome sat on the edge of the bed. "I love you. I'm sorry that this has been so hard for you, but you only have a few more months."

"A few months?" Brenna exploded. "Do you have any idea what this is like? A few months will feel like an eternity!"

Jerome rubbed her back. "I'm sorry. I wish I could make it easier for you somehow."

"So do I. But we decided to have the baby, so I'm the one stuck getting fat and sick."

"I'm sorry," Jerome repeated.

"All the models in those magazines Quinn brought are skinny and gorgeous. Nothing like me. If we get married while I'm still pregnant, I'll have to wear sweat pants and one of your T-shirts. Even if I could afford a dress, who ever heard of a maternity wedding dress?"

"I'm sure they make them. You can't be the first pregnant woman to get married. I'm sure we can at least find a nice dress of some kind, and some other clothes. Brenna, I know you're worried about having enough money for the baby, but we have to take care of you, too. I have plenty of money put away. Let me or Quinn take you out to get some things."

"Do you know how horrible it's going to be to try on clothes when I look like this?" Brenna started to cry again. "I'm a mess, Jerome. I'm just a mess. I cry all the time, I'm pissed off all the time, and I look horrible."

"You look beautiful," Jerome corrected. "And the other stuff is stress and hormones. Honey, it's okay, really."

"It's never going to be okay. I'll have the baby and still be fat, and I won't know what I'm doing. I don't even feel like a mother."

"Well, you aren't one yet. And when you are, trust me, it'll get easier."

Brenna sat up, and Jerome pulled her against him. He stroked her hair, knowing there was nothing he could say that would make her feel better but wishing all the same that he could do something to help.

After a couple minutes, Brenna pulled away and stood. "I'm going to get a tissue. Did Quinn leave?"

"No, not yet, I don't think."

"I'll come talk to her in a minute." Brenna left the room, and after a moment, Jerome heard the bathroom door close.

He went back to Quinn, who was watching TV in the living room. "Is Brenna all right?" she asked.

"She's still a little upset, but she's calming down," Jerome said. "She said she'd be out in a minute."

"That's good. She knows I didn't mean to upset her, right?"

"I'm sure she does, yes."

"Okay. I feel bad."

"Don't. Like you said, it's a pregnancy thing. Your mother was the same when she was pregnant." Though Lena had never been quite so angry and frustrated.

"If you say so."

When Brenna came back to the living room, her hair was pulled back and she wore a loose-fitting dress that Jerome had seen in the back of the closet. "You look nice, honey," he said.

"That's a pretty dress," Quinn added. "The color looks great on you."

"I never liked this dress," Brenna said. "I always thought it made me look pregnant. Kind of ironic, huh?"

Quinn laughed. "Well, at least it doesn't make you look any more pregnant than you are. You should find some other dresses like that to wear. If you feel up to it, let's con Dad out of one of his credit cards and go do some shopping."

Before either woman could ask, Jerome took out his wallet and found one of his debit cards. "Use this," he said. He recited the PIN. "There's enough in the account as long as you don't go overboard."

"We're going to buy out the whole store, Dad," Quinn said.

"That's fine, as long as you chip in for it."

Quinn laughed. "Yeah, right. Come on, Brenna."

While the women were gone, Jerome relaxed in front of the TV. Three hours later, Brenna and Quinn returned laden with bags. "I guess you really did buy out the store," Jerome said.

Brenna's face fell. "I knew we spent too much."

"I was joking, honey," Jerome said. "Whatever you spent is fine with me. I'm glad you got some new things."

"It was fun, Dad," Quinn said. "We even picked out some stuff for the baby. I have to get going; I have an early class tomorrow. Brenna, thanks for going shopping with me."

"Thanks for taking me," Brenna replied.

Quinn left, and Brenna sat on the couch beside Jerome. "Did you have fun?" Jerome asked her.

"Yeah, it was nice. I haven't gone shopping like that in a while. Nora and I went shopping a few times, but the last time was about a month before the time you went out for drinks with us."

"I'm glad you went, then. And you'd better not worry about how much you and Quinn spent. Are you happy with what you bought?"

"Yeah. I didn't realize there were such cute maternity clothes."

"Good. That's all that matters."

Brenna snuggled close to Jerome and kissed his neck. "You're such a wonderful man," she said. "How did I find you?"

"You ignored me at work for years until you decided you wanted to get me drunk," Jerome teased. "And if you kiss me there again, you'd better watch out."

Brenna kissed him again. "Watch out for what?"

"This."

Jerome put his arms around her and pressed his lips against hers. He probed her lips with his tongue until she opened them and her own tongue met his. Jerome covered one breast with his hand, noticing that her breasts had gotten slightly more full as the pregnancy had progressed. "Mmm, that feels good, Jerome," Brenna said softly. "It's been too long since you touched me like that."

"You seemed not to want to, and I didn't want to push you," Jerome replied.

"You could have. I wouldn't have minded." Brenna rubbed Jerome's cock through his pants. "This feels like it could definitely use some attention."

"Yes. Yes it could." He slid his hand under her dress and touched her wet pussy. "And so does this. No panties?"

She blushed. "I didn't have any panties that fit me anymore," she explained. "That was one of the things Quinn and I bought."

"Well, I'm not complaining," Jerome said.

"Then let's give them the attention they need."

Brenna stood and pulled off her dress, then unfastened her bra and let it fall to the floor. The rounding of her belly was more pronounced with nothing covering it; Jerome thought it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. "Don't ever let me hear you say you're fat," he said. "You're gorgeous." He put his hand on her belly and felt the baby kick. "He's a lively one, isn't he."

"Just the past few days," Brenna replied. "It's so strange to feel something moving inside me and realize it's a living being."

"I can only imagine." Jerome ran his hand down her belly to her clit. "So you want some attention for your pussy, do you?"

"Yes."

"Then sit back down here so I can give it some oral attention."

Smiling, Brenna sat down. Jerome knelt on the floor between her legs and brought her legs up onto his shoulders. "Comfortable?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm okay."

"Good."

He lowered his head to suck her clit. As soon as his lips touched her, Brenna moaned. How long had it been since they'd made love? Jerome couldn't remember, but let the question go. He had something more important to focus his attention on. He lightly nibbled her clit, then ran his tongue along her slit until she cried out, "Jerome! Oh, god, I'm almost coming already!"

"That's the idea, honey."

Jerome went back to her clit and licked and lightly nibbled it until Brenna let out a wordless moan. "Did you enjoy that?" he asked.

"God, yes," Brenna said. "Now that I've come, it's your turn. Get up here."

Jerome sat on the couch beside her. Brenna unfastened his pants to give his cock its freedom, and stroked it lightly, just enough to tease. "That's nice, sweetheart," Jerome said.

"It wants more, though, doesn't it?" Brenna asked.

"It wants whatever you'll give it."

Brenna slipped off the couch and onto her knees on the floor so she could take Jerome's cock into her mouth. She licked the head, probing the slit with her tongue, then moved her mouth down the shaft until she'd taken half the length. She sucked, and Jerome groaned his pleasure. "You're good at this," he said. "I love feeling your mouth on me."

Brenna's only answer was a smile, which Jerome felt rather than saw. For a few minutes, he enjoyed the sucking, then said, "Stop, honey. I don't want to come yet."

Slowly, Brenna slid her mouth off Jerome's cock. "When do you want to come, then?" she asked with a wink.

"When I'm inside you."

"Then get inside me."

"Stand up."

Brenna stood, and Jerome bent her over the couch. It was one of the few positions that was comfortable for her anymore. He entered her slowly, still cautious even though it had been several weeks since her doctor had cleared her to have sex again after the scare they'd had. "You don't need to be so gentle, Jerome," she said. "I don't want it gentle."

"Whatever you want." Jerome pulled partway out, then pushed back into her harder. "Is that better?"

"Keep doing it!"

Encouraged by Brenna's reaction, Jerome fucked her harder than he had since he'd learned she was pregnant. Her moans and cries of pleasure reassured him; he wasn't hurting her or the baby. After several minutes, she cried, "Oh, god, I'm coming! Don't stop, Jerome, please don't stop!"

"I'm not stopping, sweetheart. I want to feel you come."

Brenna cried out, and Jerome felt her pussy contract on his cock. A second later, he came too. "Mmm, Brenna," he groaned. "That felt so good!"

"It was wonderful. I'm sorry it's been so long."

Jerome pulled out of her and hugged her. "It was worth waiting for. Get your clothes back on before you get cold."

"Does that mean we're done for the night?"

"Nope. Just means we need to take it under the covers on the bed."

Brenna grinned. "Race you."

* * *

For the next several days, Brenna seemed much happier. She was usually still asleep when Jerome left for work in the mornings, but when he got home, she was dressed in one or another of her new outfits. Having clothes that fit her, being able to look nice, had apparently cheered her up, and having things for the baby seemed to have made it more real to her. "I'm looking forward to this," she told Jerome on Saturday morning. "I really want to see this baby and hold her, and see her with all the things we bought."

"It'll be sooner than you think," Jerome said. "Which means that soon, we should talk about wedding and that kind of thing. How would you feel about going out today and finally getting that ring?"

"Those rings," Brenna corrected. "We need wedding rings too. Promise not to spend too much?"

"I promise."

"Okay. Then let's do it." Her stomach rumbled audibly. "After breakfast."

"I'll take you out to breakfast. You deserve it."

Over breakfast at a nearby pancake house, Brenna talked about the baby. "I've been trying to think of names. What do you think about Desiree?"

"That won't work," Jerome replied.

"Why not?"

"Because it isn't a boy's name."

Brenna laughed. "Ah, so you think it's going to be a boy, do you? What if it's a girl?"

"Then Desiree would be a beautiful name."

"I chose it because I've always wanted a baby; she really would be desired." Brenna sobered. "I know I haven't acted like it lately, but I really do want this baby."

"I know you do. Fear and hormones combined can do strange things."

"Yeah. I don't know how you put up with me."

Jerome reached across the table to take her hand. "I love you. It isn't putting up."

They finished eating and went to the mall to look for rings. Brenna vetoed everything they found in the jewelry stores as either too expensive or too showy, so they decided to look at the department store jewelry counters. As they walked down the corridor to one of the stores, Jerome heard a familiar voice. He put his arm around Brenna and tried to usher her past the speaker before they were seen, but he wasn't fast enough. "Hi, Jerome."

"Hello, Lena." Jerome pasted a smile on his face and turned around. "We seem to run into each other in the strangest places."

"Yes, we do." Jerome's ex-wife came over to him, followed by their oldest daughter, Gillian. "Is this your new, um, person?" Lena asked, looking at Brenna.

"I'm Brenna Malone, and yes, I'm Jerome's fiancée," Brenna replied coldly. "You must be Jerome's ex-wife. It's nice to meet you. Hello again, Gillian."

"I'm Lena," Lena said. "So how far along are you?"

"About twenty-two weeks," Brenna replied.

"You know, I read somewhere that it can be dangerous for women over thirty-five to have babies," Gillian said. "Of course, I know you're just thirty-five, but still I hope you're being careful. After all, if anything happens to the baby, you won't have that leverage over Dad anymore."

"Gillian, stop it right now," Jerome said. "There's no need to be petty."

"Actually, the baby's perfectly fine, but thanks for your concern," Brenna said. "Jerome, I'm going ahead to the store. I'll see you in a few minutes."

"I'll be right there," Jerome said.

Brenna walked away. "She was rude," Lena commented.

"Rude?" Jerome snapped. "What about our daughter? Gillian has been consistently disrespectful to Brenna since she met her!"

"I'm trying to protect you, Dad," Gillian said.

"I'm sure Gillian has your best interests at heart, Jerome," Lena said. "You can be a little gullible sometimes."

"Obviously. I was gullible enough to believe that you were faithful to me."

"I made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes."

"You cheated on me for six months, then left me for the man you cheated with. That's far more than a mistake, Lena. Good luck with things; I need to catch up with Brenna. Gillian, take care. I love you."

"I love you too, Dad," Gillian said. "That's why I-"

"Goodbye." Jerome walked away.

He found Brenna at the jewelry counter in the department store, in front of a display of rings that she didn't seem to be looking at. "Your ex-wife is interesting," she said.

"I'm sorry about all that," Jerome replied. "If I'd realized they were here, I'd have kept an eye out so we wouldn't have run into them. Neither of them was particularly respectful to you."

"You couldn't help it. It was just awkward. And of course Gillian was being her usual self."

"She's always been close to her mother. It isn't surprising that she's acting this way. She most likely hopes her mother and I'll get back together, but there's absolutely no chance of that."

"I'm glad to hear you say that. She certainly acted like she's still interested in you."

"It really doesn't matter if she is or isn't. She destroyed our marriage." Jerome kissed Brenna on the cheek. "You're the only one I'm interested in, and right now all that matters to me is what you want."

"I want this to be easier. You're losing your older daughter because of me."

"Nope. She's choosing to be a brat about the situation, and that's her choice. She could accept that you and I are getting married and having a baby, but she wants things her way. She'll come around, and if she doesn't, that's something I'll deal with."

"I feel bad that things are like this," Brenna said. "I want you to be able to have a good relationship with your family."

"Don't worry about it. It's between Gillian and me; we'll sort it out. I brought you here to look at rings, honey, not to worry about my daughter."

"I know." Brenna looked at the rings in the case. "That one's pretty."

Jerome had the sense that she was only looking at the rings to make him happy, not because she wanted to. He looked at the one she'd pointed to. It wasn't very expensive, but it was a nice setting. "That is nice," he said. "We can take a closer look at it if you want to."

"Whatever you want."

"No, honey, it's whatever you want. Do you like that ring?"

"Yeah, I do." Brenna turned to him. "I love you, Jerome."

"I love you too."

Jerome signaled the saleswoman and asked her to take out the ring Brenna had chosen. When Brenna tried it on, it fit perfectly. "We'll take it," Jerome said.

Brenna rubbed her belly. "I think the pancakes are disagreeing with me. Let's wait till another time for the wedding rings, okay?"

"Are you all right?" Jerome asked, concerned.

"I'll be fine. I just need to get home and lie down."

The saleswoman rang up the ring and took Jerome's credit card. Brenna leaned against the counter, hands over her belly. "Maybe we shouldn't have come out here today," she said. "Too much time on my feet, I think."

"Then let's get you home."

Jerome got the ring and credit card back from the saleswoman and slid the ring onto Brenna's finger. "Will you marry me?" he asked, wishing he could give her a more romantic proposal.

"Yes, after I get some rest."

They walked slowly back to Jerome's car. Brenna grimaced as they went; she was obviously in pain. "Do you think the baby's all right?" Jerome asked as he settled her into the car.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I think it's just something I ate."

Or the stress of having had to deal with Lena and Gillian, Jerome thought.

By the time they got home, Brenna was dozing in the passenger seat. Jerome helped her into the house, and she lay down on the couch. "I'll be fine," she said. "I just need to rest."

KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers
12