Young Again Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers

"If you aren't better in an hour, I'm calling the doctor," Jerome said.

"I'll be fine," Brenna repeated. She closed her eyes and went to sleep.

When she woke an hour later, Jerome asked, "How's your stomach?"

"Much better." Brenna stood and stretched. "I think it was the pancakes and too much walking. I told you I'd be fine." She hugged Jerome. "Thanks for worrying."

"I'm glad you're better." But even though Brenna looked like she was feeling better, the happiness she'd shown the past few days was gone. Jerome wished he knew what she was thinking, but he was sure if he asked, she would say nothing was wrong. He didn't ask.

* * *

After a couple of days, Brenna came out of her mood again. Jerome came home from work one night and found Brenna and Quinn sitting at the table with Quinn's stack of wedding magazines. "I think something small and quiet here in the house would be good," Brenna said.

"The house isn't big enough for more than just you, Dad, me, and Emery," Quinn said. "Hi, Dad. How was work?"

"Same old same old," Jerome replied. "And what are you two plotting?"

"Our wedding." Brenna came over to Jerome and kissed him. "I want to marry you soon, Jerome."

Jerome's heart leaped hearing her say this, but he wondered at the change in her thoughts about marriage. "I want that too, honey."

"Then let's plan it. A month should be enough time to pull things together, right, Quinn?"

"Right," Quinn said. "Go get some paper so we can start making lists."

Brenna left the room. "What brought this on?" Jerome asked.

"Brenna really loves you, Dad," Quinn replied. "She and I talked a little this afternoon. She's worried about Gillian and Mom, and about becoming a mother, and she's been letting that get in the way of marrying you. I think she's finally gotten over it." They heard Brenna's footsteps coming back from the bedroom. "Just have a seat and watch the news, Dad," Quinn said. "Brenna and I'll take care of the plans. How much do you love her?"

"More than I could say."

Quinn grinned. "Good. Then it won't matter how much we spend on the wedding."

KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers
12