Young Again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
614 Followers

Then one night, Brenna didn't answer Jerome's phone call. At work the next day, she didn't stop by his desk, and wasn't at her station when he went looking for her. That night's calls also went unanswered. What had he done wrong?

Finally, after two days without contact, he caught up to her in the copy room at work. "What's going on, sweetheart?" he asked. "Why haven't you called me back?"

"I- I can't talk to you right now."

She tried to push past him, but he caught her arm. "Brenna, you can talk to me about anything. Don't do this to me, please. Whatever's wrong, we can work it out. Just don't give up on me."

"It isn't you." Brenna burst into tears. "Jerome, you're going to hate me."

"I could never hate you, honey. What's wrong?"

He half expected her to say she'd cheated on him. He thought he might even be able to forgive her for it. Nothing could have prepared him for what she said next. "I- I'm pregnant."

Jerome stared at her in shock. "You're what?"

"I'm so sorry, Jerome! I never meant for it to happen. I just didn't think- we never used anything. I should have been on birth control, but I was just stupid!"

"Hey now." Jerome gently grasped her shoulders. "You aren't stupid, or if you are, so am I. I didn't even think of protection. I'm old enough to know better. So were you just going to keep this a secret from me?"

"Only until I got the nerve to tell you. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry. There's only one thing we can do about it."

"What?"

Jerome smiled. "Get married."

"Are you serious?"

"Sure am." He kissed her. "You were right, the night we went to the bar. You never are too old to start over. You've helped me start over, Brenna, and I want you to be part of the rest of my life. Maybe I'm too old to be a father, but I'm sure as hell willing to try. Are you willing to marry an old man?"

Brenna smiled. "Of course I'll marry you. And you aren't old."

"You're right, I'm not. You've made me feel young again."

KarennaC
KarennaC
614 Followers
12