Young Blood Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
icehead
icehead
158 Followers

That was what my life was all about now, I realized. Death. Once again, I remembered the young lady with the dog, and the hooker on the street. Everything I'd said to Tanya about Michelle held true with them just as much, and yet I'd killed them both. And I'd enjoyed it. I'd taken away the lives they deserved to have, and I'd attempted to justify it by saying I needed to. It was true, I did need to. But I understood now that that was no justification. I was as much a killer as Tanya was. Humans were my enemies. All of them.

Because I'm not human anymore. I'm a monster. And monsters shouldn't be allowed to live.

I was finally coming to my ultimate decision when Elizabeth knocked on my door at around eleven-thirty on the third night—which as of right now as I write this was about four-and-a-half hours ago. I let her in; I really did want to talk to her.

"Hi, Elizabeth. What's up?"

"I just wanted to see if you were okay."

I paused a moment, moving around the room. "No," I said at last, "I'd say I'm pretty damn far from okay. And I thought you should know I've decided to do something about it."

Her head tilted and she looked at me curiously. "What's that?"

I looked at her gravely. "I'm going to climb up on the roof of this building... and I'm going to watch the sunrise."

Her eyes flew open. "No!" she gasped. "Vincent, don't be ridiculous!"

"I can't keep living like this, Elizabeth. I can't live forever as a predator, knowing that all the people out there, the people with lives, with loved ones, are my prey. I've tried to look around it, but there's no changing the fact that I'm a killer now."

"You don't have to be!" she protested. "We have plenty of blood that people have given up voluntarily—"

"It's not just the blood! It's the hunter's instinct! It's too strong!"

She sighed. "Look, we can work this out. I mean, if you're talking about the first night you changed, I know it's unfortunate, but it happens—"

"I'm also talking about last Friday, Elizabeth. I killed again on Friday night." She said nothing. She just stared at me in surprise. "I went out hunting that night, and I killed someone else. And it felt good when I did. And it was all so that I wouldn't do exactly the same thing to that girl I knew who we saved from Tanya the other night. It didn't matter who I did it to; my body wanted me to do it! And sooner or later, I'm going to do it again, unless I end it now."

"Vincent, no!" she protested again. "Vincent, please, it's okay, you're not a monster—"

"YES I AM!" I roared, wheeling around at her. "That's precisely what I am! That's what you turned me into!"

That's when I saw the little sparkle running down Elizabeth's cheek. I knew then that I'd hit the wrong nerve; I never knew I was capable of making Elizabeth cry. Without a word, she turned around and started heading back for the door. I decided not to watch her leave, and turned melancholy to the window.

"Vincent," I heard her say. I turned, and saw she had stopped halfway to the door, but still had her back to me. After a long pause she finished, "...I'm sorry." For a moment that was all. And then she went on, "I'm sorry I turned you without asking you first. That was very presumptuous of me, I know that now." After another brief pause she finally turned to face me. "But I'm not sorry I turned you."

I was beginning to feel a little softer now, and took a few steps towards her. She went on, "We both know I'm not the kind of girl who likes to commit. But of all the boys I've been with, I don't think any of them have meant as much to me as you do."

Feeling almost on the verge of tears myself, I took her into my arms, and felt her return my embrace. "You're the best friend I've ever had," I whispered. "But you know you're not going to change my mind about this."

I heard a sniffle, and she sobbed, "I know."

I released her, and she headed for the door as I sat at my desk to write out what remained of the story you've been reading, which I'd begun earlier that day. Just something to leave behind.

Before the door opened, I heard her ask, "What do you want me to tell Alicia?"

I turned around in my seat; she turned her head to look at me. After a moment's hesitation, I finally said five simple words.

"Tell her I love her."

She nodded, and walked out the door and closed it behind her. As I picked up my pen and began writing, I heard her slump against the outside of the door and begin crying intensely.

I think she's gone by now. She should be, anyway. And I'm just finishing, too; not long now until sunrise. Once I'm finished here, I'm going to leave it here for someone to find; I don't really care who. Then I'm going to climb up to the roof and wait to see the sun for the last time.

I bet it'll be beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it's now four in the afternoon on the next day, and I'm still here. Yes, something did ultimately change my mind, and since you've read this far already, I might as well explain what happened.

I was standing on the roof. Not much time left. I was thinking I'd picked a magnificent way to meet my end; there are worse ways to go than looking into a scene of eternal beauty.

She read my mind. "You're probably thinking it's going to be beautiful, aren't you?" I turned around, and saw Alicia standing there. She shrugged. "Elizabeth couldn't keep her mouth shut."

I chuckled mildly in spite of myself, shaking my head. "Then I suppose she told you my reasons."

"Yeah."

"Then you know you're not going to get me to come inside."

"Not why I'm here."

A bit surprised, I turned my head to look at her as she stepped up beside me. "I'm not here to give you the whole 'you've got plenty to live for' speech," she said. "And I'm not here to beg you to come inside." Her lovely sapphire eyes looked solemnly into mine as she said, "I'm here because I love you. And if you're going to stand out here and wait to burn, then I'm staying with you."

Now it was my turn to protest. "No! You can't!"

"And you can?" she snapped. I found any other words I might have had cut off in an instant. "Do you happen to remember Julie, my roommate? The one I killed? I'm just as much a killer as you are, Vincent! I'm a vampire too! I have every bit as much reason to be out here as you do."

I didn't know what to say. But she wasn't done yet. "I'll follow you, whatever you decide to do. If you still insist on staying out here, then we burn together." Then came the dramatic pause, before adding, "All three of us."

"What?" I began frantically looking around the roof. No one else was there. "What do you mean, all three of—"

My breath caught in my throat as I noticed the way her hands were resting on her belly. I pointed a finger at it, and gasped, "You mean—"

Her response was a smile and a nod. "So like I was saying, I'll stand by whatever you decide. But I am kind of hoping you'll change your mind here, so we can have this little vampire together."

I paused a moment; then in a flash, I grabbed her, pulled her to me, and kissed her. I needed no further incentive.

We found Elizabeth waiting for us in the doorway when we returned inside. She actually looked genuinely surprised. "Wow, I didn't think you'd actually do it!"

"I didn't," Alicia said, lightly patting her belly. "Our baby did."

Elizabeth's jaw dropped. "Your—you mean—" When Alicia smiled and nodded, Elizabeth's eyes flew open wide and she squealed, "OH MY GOD!" as she ran to us and threw an arm around each of our necks. "I love you guys!"

Alicia and I returned to my dorm room, closing the blinds as tightly as we possibly could, and fell asleep together on my bed; we were tired, and decided to let any sweaty stuff wait until after some rest. I woke up first a little while ago, and decided to finish writing out this part here. But it looks like she's awake and ready for me now. So if you'll excuse me, Alicia and I would really like to be alone for a while.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate any feedback I can get; it's the only reward I get for my work.

Be sure to also check out: Blood Rose, a prequel story starring Elizabeth!

icehead
icehead
158 Followers