Your Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stephen tried his best to be subtle as he leaned forward to get a good look at the man's nametag,

Jackson.

Fucking.

Jackson.

Why do you hate me God?

Jackson clearly hadn't noticed his fiancé standing in the crowd only 20 feet away.

Stephen motioned his hand toward an exit sign that led outside.

He wanted to talk to her. Crap.

She wasn't entirely sure that was a good idea. Especially considering the last time she'd seen him she had skipped out of his apartment in the early hours of the morning before giving him a chance to say goodbye.

She turned her attention back to him and saw the plea in his eyes.

He had missed her. Just as much as she had missed him.

Christina nodded her head to tell him ok.

Stephen got up and quickly sped over to the doorway and walked out.

Christina turned to Carmen and practically threw her bags at her.

"I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom!" She yelled over the crowd and then disappeared before Carmen could respond.

Christina pushed through people until she finally was at the door Stephen had gone through.

Was she really about to do this? See him again?

Yes. Yes I am.

Christina pushed the door open and no sooner could she look up before lips had planted themselves on hers.

Stephen couldn't help himself. It was all he wanted. All he could think about since she had left him. He had placed his hands on either side of her face and kissed her. He kissed her hard.

Christina's initial reaction was shock at the sudden intimate contact, but then she realized how much she wanted this too. His lips were so warm and enveloped hers so perfectly. Christina inhaled and took in the familiar smell of him. Fresh and spicy. He tickled her nostrils with the scent of him. She smiled against his kiss.

Stephen needed more. He placed his tongue at the edge of her lips and licked her there. She responded in his favor and opened her mouth for him. He deepened the kiss and she followed suit. They kissed that way until she had to beg for breath.

Once they parted they only looked at each other.

Christina spoke first.

"Hi."

"Hi." He responded and then smiled. But just as soon as it greeted his face the smile disappeared.

She was finally standing in front of him and he had to admit, he was kind of pissed at her. But he wouldn't show it.

"You left."

Immediately she felt guilty for not at least saying goodbye but the truth was she didn't really know how to. She'd never done anything like that before so she wasn't really familiar with the proper etiquette in that situation.

"It was just easier." Was all she could get out.

He couldn't say he didn't understand that logic. He'd been quite guilty of taking the easy way out for a while now.

"Christina I have thought about you every day since then." He started trying not to show too much hurt, "I've spent this whole week just hoping I'd bump into you somewhere.

Christina nodded against the cold air, she completely understood. So many times she'd thought she'd seen him turning a corner at a grocery store or jogging on the side of the road but it was just a mind's trick.

At that moment it dawned on them both why they were there, and who they were there with.

"So that was your fiancé." Stephen stated.

Christina nodded her answer.

"Are you here with Caroline?" She asked.

"Yea but.." Stephen started to say but was abruptly interrupted when the exit door suddenly swung open.

"Christina!" Carmen stepped out of the building and looked over at the guilty faces peering back at her.

The three of them just looked at each other wordlessly before Christina broke the silence.

"Carmen, this is Stephen." Christina tried to think up a lie quickly, "He's an old friend from college."

Stephen caught on quickly and extended his hand to Carmen and introduced himself.

"Hi how are you?"

She slowly looked down at his hand still trying to figure out what was happening before she had come outside.

"Hi." Carmen responded with skepticism. She eyed Stephen up and down and then looked over to her best friend. Stephen had no way of knowing what she was thinking but he had a feeling this girl was too smart for their little lie.

Christina could tell she wasn't buying it but would let it go for now.

Carmen directed herself to Christina, "Jackson is looking for us. Wanted to know if we got what we needed."

"Yes we did," Christina responded, "I'll be right in. Just gonna say good bye to Stephen."

Carmen fought back a smile and gave a quick nod to Stephen, "Mmhm." Carmen turned and stepped back inside.

As soon as the door had shut Christina turned quickly back to Stephen, "I have to go back in before she gets to Jackson."

His heart plummeted. At hearing his name. At her having to leave just as soon as he had her alone again.

"Okay fine," He grabbed her hand and shoved something in her hand, "Just call me when you get a moment." It was his business card.

She shoved it in her back pocket and nodded. Just as she had turned to step back inside he grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him again.

She felt the palm of his hand on her cheek and he pulled her in for a quick but firm kiss. He'd have to settle for that.

She pulled away first, smiled apologetically, and finally went back inside.

Once she had stepped inside she looked frantically for her Carmen and Jackson. She felt a hand slip around her elbow and she almost jumped out of her skin. Christina turned to see who had hold of her and found herself eye to eye with Carmen.

"You missy," Carmen stated with accusation in her tone as she stuck her finger in her friends face, "Have some talking to do."

Christina knew she hadn't fooled her best friend but she also knew she couldn't just tell Carmen every details right in front of Stephen.

"I will, I will explain everything," Christina needed a little more time to figure out just what she was going to say, "Just let's take Jackson home first and we will go to your place and talk!"

Carmen raised her perfectly arched eyebrow and let Christina's elbow loose.

The two women went and found Jackson and agreed it was time to go.

Carmen had already sensed that mentioning Christina's mystery man in front of Jackson wouldn't be a wise move so she chose to stay quiet as she slipped in the back seat of the SUV.

Christina placed their large goodie bags filled with wedding paraphernalia in the trunk and got in the drivers seat.

Once all three were in and buckled Christina pulled out of the parking lot. An awkward silence had developed in the car and Christina immediately worried Carmen had said something to Jackson.

"Jackson!" Christina said a little too loudly to come off as casual. "I was thinking I would drop you off at home and I'll just stay the night at Carmen's. I kinda need a girls night."

"Sure, sounds good." Jackson said absentmindedly, clearly oblivious to the stress that had developed in the car.

About 20 minutes later Christina pulled up to their apartment building.

"Alright girls," Jackson started as he unbuckled his seatbelt, "You have fun tonight. Try not to cause too much trouble." He smiled and waved to them.

Jackson was barely out of the car by the time Carmen had jumped from the backseat in the passengers.

"Oh we will!" Carmen said suggestively as she waved back cheerfully with a fake smile. Christina was going to kill her. Christina stepped on the gas and sped off so quickly Carmen's head slammed sideways into seat.

"Ouch!" Carmen yelled and Christina smiled to herself.

Carmen turned to Christina and could tell she was trying to ignore her presence.

"Don't try to ice me trick!" Carmen yelled as she tried to hold back laughter. "Spill the beans!"

*********************************