Your Love Ch. 08

Story Info
With Christina M.I.A, will there be a happy ending?
6.2k words
4.71
13.6k
29

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And Boom! Final chapter!

Well sort of! I've already got a spin off in mind. Points to you if you can guess who it involves!

Thanks for all the feedback you guys and thanks for not being too emotionally abusive.

I'm glad I wrote this story, It's the very first story that I've ever actually finished and even though it has its many flaws I'm still proud of it.

Enjoy and shred away!

** ** ** ** **

Stephen sat lazily on his couch with a beer in his hand.

He looked down at his phone again.

Nothing.

It had been three weeks since he'd heard from Christina.

The night she had sped off in her car was the last time he'd seen her. He called her that night to make sure she at least had a place to stay for the night. He would have gone as far as letting her stay at his apartment while he found a hotel, he just wanted to make sure she was safe.

He called a few time with no answer until finally she texted him.

Christina: I'm fine, I just need a minute

That was the only thing she said.

He wasn't sure how to feel about it, he'd never been on the receiving end of one of her "minute" messages.

His plan to woo her couldn't be set in motion until they were seeing each other again and he had no idea when that would be.

Stephen was beyond frustrated. He didn't understand why she had to push him away, he wanted to be there for her.

The high pitched whine coming from his feet brought his thoughts back.

Mingo was looking up at him with big brown eyes.

"I miss her too."

Stephen picked a broken potato chip form his shirt and fed it to the Great Dane.

He needed a damn shower. He'd been working from home all week, he wanted to be there in case Christina decided to back, but the only thing he'd actually succeeded at was creating a cloud of stink in the living room. The area was covered in snack bags, dirty dishes, and empty beer bottles.

If she did decide to come back to him he didn't want her to see what a groveling mess she'd turned him into.

Stephen finally admitted defeat, he got off the couch and headed to his bathroom.

** ** ** ** **

"We just have to trust the she's ok Marion." Richard Earnest spoke, trying to sooth his wife's frazzled nerves.

"I know, I know. She's done this so many times before and she always comes back when she's better. I know all this Richard," She was tired of trying to be coaxed out of her concern, "But things have never been this extreme and she's never been gone this long! Only ever a night or two."

"Just give her a few more days, then we will try and track her down." He gently grabbed Marion's shoulders and turned her to look directly at him, "Just keep in mind that Christina has proven more than once that if she doesn't want to be found, she won't be. It's very likely she'll come back when she's ready."

Marion nodded and sat on the love seat in her husband's study.

"I just want to ring their neck Richard," Marion's voice shook with an impending rage. "what they said was so out of line."

He sighed audibly and nodded while remembering the tense conversation his wife was referring to.

**EIGHT DAYS AGO**

Marion was drinking tea in the kitchen when the doorbell began ringing profusely and loud banging disrupted the quiet in her home.

She rushed into the foyer but Richard had made it to the door first.

He opened and saw his shoulder's immediately tense before speaking to whoever it was.

"Miss. Billards, what can I do for you?" He asked in a clipped manner.

Jackson's mother.

"You know good and damned well what you can do for me Richard Earnest! Where is that two timing daughter of yours?"

Richard was poised to defend his daughter but Marion opened the door wider to reveal her presence.

"Edith!" She said with a fake smile plastered on her perfectly made up face. "Why don't you coming in to discuss this, I'd hate to disturb our neighbors with such a private matter."

Edith looked Marion up and down lazily before stepping up to enter.

Richard and Marion back out of the way to let her in and then Richard closed the door behind her.

"Now Edith, I know this past week has been extremely difficult for you, I can't image what I'd do if I had to bury one of my children."

"No, you can't!" Edith retorted. "And I just want you both to know that I don't give a damn what that police report said, your daughter murdered my son!"

"Now wait just a damn minute!" Richard stepped forward but Marion stopped him, she wasn't taking the bait.

Edith continued her rant, "She may not have pulled the trigger but she damned may as well have! All my sweet son ever did was love your daughter and she left him high and dry for some rich ass cracker. I always told Jackson you uppity blacks thought ya'll was better than us! My poor baby died of a broken heart, given to him by you whore daughter!"

Marion had heard enough.

She remained calm but looked Edith dead in her eye before speaking in a relaxed tone.

"Now listen to me Edith. I know you want to pretend your child was this all heavenly saint but let's be honest with ourselves shall we? Jackson didn't kill himself for anything Christina did. He put a bullet in his brain because he was finally facing himself. For 10 years he'd been running from the law for his crimes and he had no where else to go. And you know what Edith? I'd venture to say someone was in on helping him escape for as long as he did."

Edith's eyes widened at hearing Marion's speculation but Marion wasn't finished.

Marion had been stepping slowly in on Edith as she spoke and Edith had been backing up to the point that she was up against the foyer wall, "We know that Jackson Billards wasn't his real name which would lead me to believe that Edith Billards in not yours. Now the fact that we haven't brought this up to any of the law enforcement has been a personal favor to you. I've taken into consideration that your child shot himself and you are clearly in mourning, but so help me God Edith, if you come around my home again, banging on my damned door and insulting my child again I will have the Raleigh Law enforcement investigate your ass so thoroughly you'll wish Jackson had taken you with him!"

Richard's eyes were almost as big as Edith's. He'd seen his wife emotionally take down other people but this was the first time she'd more out of necessity rather than sheer entertainment.

He never doubted Marion loved their children but her way of showing love was to shower them with gifts and money. But here she was using nothing more than love and pride to defend Christina.

Edith bottom lip shook as if she wanted to burst into tears, Richard had a feeling that he tears were more about no longer having a steady source of income rather than the loss of her child. She'd been trying to get some sort of financial payout from his family ever since she learned of her son's death. She'd been asking for millions of dollars.

Marion spoke up, "If we are finished here you are welcome to leave. I have a dinner party tonight that my husband and I need to get ready for."

With that Edith backed away form the wall and shuffled over to front door and swung it open. She practically ran to her car and sped away.

** ** ** ** **

Richard couldn't help but smile to himself.

His wife had changed so much and yet he could still see the teenage attitude she had had so many years ago, and if he was completely honest sometimes he enjoyed seeing that side of her.

"What the hell are you smiling about?" Marion asked with an eyebrow raised at him.

Richard laughed, "Just reminding myself why I love you."

Marion looked amused as she leaned back onto the loveseat, "Oh, so you still love me then? Even after all the headaches I give you?"

"I do Mrs. Earnest; despite all your insanity I still find you to be quite lovable."

"Glad you feel that way Mr. Earnest, I worry sometimes that you'll come to your senses one of these days and leave me."

Richard laughed harder before walking over and sitting himself next her.

"Well then lucky for you I am insane too, because I'm not going anywhere."

** ** ** ** **

*SLAM*

Carmen jumped at the sound of her apartment door closing behind her.

She had just returned the last of Christina's wedding gifts and she was exhausted. She had taken on that particular task to help alleviate some of Christina's stress after canceling the wedding.

It was also the last task to cross off of operation: end engagement.

Christina was officially free from any ties to Jackson and his trail of lies.

Now if only she'd come out of hiding to revel in it.

Carmen had a pretty good idea where she was but decided against looking for her, she knew she needed space.

But then again, three weeks is long enough to lick your wounds.

Carmen took a quick shower and walked into the kitchen to scrape something together for dinner. She wasn't much of a cook and really didn't bother attempting anymore. If it didn't come pre-made or microwaveable she didn't make an effort with it. This was sad considering she loved food. She developed a taste for fine foods during her year of travel. She'd tasted cheese and wine in France, olives in Italy, sushi in Japan, schnitzel in Germany, and countless other delicacies around the world. She was insatiable. When she returned to America she was delighted to find that Raleigh had developed it's artisanal food truck scene, and while the food was great she couldn't replace the flavors she discovered during her travels.

She studied the inside of her refrigerator and settled on some questionable grocery store sushi and a cheap bottle of wine.

She plopped herself on her couch and flipped on the television. The Cooking Channel, her television never switched stations. She was obsessed with cooking shows and traveling shows. It was even better when she found a show that blended them both.

She placed a california roll in her mouth and savored it. One thing she did pride herself on was she was very easy to please food wise. Even questionable grocery sushi had its charms. The vinegary rice, the crisp crunchy cucumber, and creamy avocado melted on her tongue. Carmen knew that however she was destined to leave this world it would be with food in her mouth.

She was in the midst of making love to her second roll when her phone chimed.

She looking down at the screen.

Christina: Darlings

I figured. Christina thought to herself.

She texted back.

Carmen: 2 hrs

She waited.

Christina: Thnx

Carmen rolled her eyes. This girl will be the death of me.

She tossed what was left of the sushi back in fridge and packed a bag before heading out the door.

** ** ** ** **

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Christina stood up and walked across the hotel room.

She put her hand on the knob but didn't open it just yet, she had to mentally prepare herself for the wrath that was her best friend. There was no way she could go MIA for two weeks and not get fussed out.

She opened the door cautiously and found Carmen looking less than impressed.

Christina smiled timidly but Carmen's expression didn't change, she only pushed past her to walk into the room.

"Car-", Christina began but she was abruptly cut off.

"Shut up Christina." Carmen looked dead angry now and Christina knew better than to disrupt. Very few things in this world pissed Carmen off, but when she did get mad; people ran. "It's one thing to go under the radar for a day or two, but when a "minute" becomes three weeks, people start to worry! You haven't been answering anyone's calls or texts, you didn't let us know you were ok!"

Christina knew she was right; she had behaved like a brat; again.

"I feel totally ridiculous saying this to you, but you are getting too damned old for this! You can't run away every time something gets too hard Chris! I admit what you went through was insane, but you weren't alone in that. Three other people stuck it out and dealt with it, you disappeared."

Christina hated hearing the truth right now, but it was what she needed.

"How mad is everyone?"

"Shockingly no one is really mad; they are trying to give you your space. Everyone just wants to know your all right."

With that Carmen took her phone out and text Christina's father.

Carmen: She's alive but I'm gonna kill her

Richard: Thnk you Carmen! Tell her we love her!

"Your parents say they love you idiot."

Carmen gave her one more once over before taking pity on her. "Well? Are you ok?"

Christina walked over and sat on the bed, "I don't know. I think so. I'm definitely better than I was before."

Carmen nodded.

She gave the room they were in a once over.

"I figured you were here but I thought I'd wait before coming to bang down your door."

Christina gave a small laugh, "Where else would I be?"

"My treehouse." Carmen said smiling.

Christina laughed harder, it was true. Her runaways led her to their treehouse many times but whenever she needed a real getaway she and Carmen packed some bags and headed to Kurr Beach and stayed at their favorite seaside hotel; Darlings by the Sea. They had many memories here.

Carmen looked over in the corner and saw piles of plastic shopping bags.

"Done a little shopping I see."

"Christmas shopping."

"Oh so you planned to be back in time for Christmas? Well that's a good thing."

"I'm not that heartless."

"Well Christmas eve is in a week, when do you plan on leaving? I packed for roughly a week."

"A few more days and then we can head home?"

"I'll give you three days."

"Deal."

"Have you spoken to him?" Carmen asked.

Christina didn't have to ask who him was.

"Not since I left. I wouldn't even know what to say, he's probably furious. Especially since I left Mingo at his place. He probably thinks I just dumped my dog on him and then ditched him."

"Well that's essentially what you did Hun."

"I plan on going back! Even if only to apologize and pick up Mingo."

"I don't think you're giving him enough credit, I bet he'll just be happy to see you."

Christina gave a humorless laugh, "I seriously doubt that."

"Whatever, you'll never know until you try. I'm going to hop in the shower and then we are going to go out for dinner. You owe me a sushi dinner."

** ** ** ** **

Marion was sitting on the back porch reading when she heard her phone go off.

Left it in kitchen, damn.

She stood and walked inside.

She scrunched her face when she saw the number. It wasn't one she recognized.

She answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello...um hi. This is Stephen Serna, a friend of Christina's. Is this her mother?"

Oooooh. So this is Stephen.

"Yes Stephen this is her Mother."

"Oh great! Sorry for bothering you. I pulled your number from one of Christina's planners. I was just trying to find a way to contact someone that knows her. Sorry if that's strange."

Marion laughed.

"Not at all dear, how can I help you?"

"Well it's just I haven't heard from Christina in a while now. Almost a month. I was just a little worried. I figured maybe you'd heard from her? Being her mother and all."

Stephen felt like and idiot as he rambled, but he didn't know how else to find out.

Marion tried to stifle her giggle.

"Of course Stephen, I understand."

"Great!" He said much more excitedly than he meant to.

"Honestly I haven't actually spoken to Christina for about the same amount of time as you. This is the longest "minute" she's ever had. I was a bit worried myself."

"Oh." Stephen tried not to sound too disappointed but he couldn't help it.

"However, I do have it on good authority that she's perfectly fine and should be home soon."

Stephen perked up a bit. "That's great Mrs. Earnest! Thank you for that!"

"No problem at all, and do call me Marion. From what I'm told you are a little more than just a friend of my daughters."

Stephen was happy this wasn't a face-to-face conversation otherwise she'd have seen him go red.

"Oh well I.."

Marion laughed. "Don't worry about it sweetheart, if you are the one responsible for the smile she's been wearing then you are good in my book."

Stephen beamed. He missed that smile.

"Thank you very much Mrs...I mean Marion; I do admit I care about your daughter very much. She's done a lot for me."

"I'm glad to hear that. Oh, I did hear that she left Mingo at your place. Did you want me to swing by to pick her up? I don't want her to be a bother to you."

Stephen didn't want that at all. He needed Christina to have a reason to see him when she got back.

"Oh no ma'am. I'm happy to keep her, she's actually been a great roommate!"

Marion smiled, "Sounds good, well you let me know if she gets to be too much for you. I'll get her anytime."

"Will do Marion, and thanks again!"

"Anytime Stephen, bye!"

"Bye!"

She hung up.

Marion smiled. Her husband was the one to tell her about Stephen. He'd mentioned how close the two had acted at his office and how Stephen simply couldn't keep his eyes off of her, and he sensed Christina returned the affection even if she didn't act on it in front of her father.

She hoped Stephen was sincere. Between the pain Marion had caused and then the drama with Jackson, her daughter simply couldn't afford another heartbreak.

** ** ** ** **

When Christina returned to her parent's home it was the night before Christmas eve. She took her key out and placed it in the door.

Marion heard the key in front door and her heart jumped.

She jumped off the couch and ran to greet Christina as she walked in.

"Hey Momma." Christina said timidly, clearly unsure if she should prepare for another lecture, but instead Marion grabbed her daughter's shoulders and brought her in for a hug.

Marion held on for longer than she had meant to but she finally let go and gave her daughter a look over.

"How are you?"

"I'm good mom, I'm sorry for scaring you and Daddy."

"Oh pssh, I wasn't worried. I knew you just needed some alone time."

"Ha!" Richard bellowed, he heard his wife's statement and wanted to out her but he knew she wanted to play it cool, especially since she was cutting her eyes at him, daring him to mention her freak out.

"Daddy! I missed you." Christina ran over and hugged her father.

"Missed you too princess. Are you feeling better?"

Christina nodded her head but didn't say anything. He could tell she was still a little shaken, but she was getting there.

"Good Lord, you look like shit warmed over." Arlene stated as she walked down the staircase.

"Arlene!" Marion fussed and gave her oldest daughter a stern look.

This made Arlene straighten up. Arlene really didn't take shit from anyone but her Mother was the one person that could properly put her in place.

"I mean, how are you?"

Christina could tell her sister didn't really care she was home; she was probably just happy she could get the normal amount attention back on her now.

"I'm better, thanks."

Andrew walked in the front door behind her.

"Look who's finally back from the grave! Can't believe you'd get into a funk over such a prick!"

"Andrew, don't speak ill of the dead." Richard stated as he gave his son a whack on the back of his head.

Christina laughed.

"Ok everyone, dinner is ready! Let's go to the dining room."

With that everyone moved into the dining room.

Christina looked around happy to see everything decorated for Christmas. She was surprised, as stylish as her mother was her tastes were limited to the closet.

12