You're Not Finished Yet Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

However, the songs that truly distinguished the last set were selections from "Journey to the Centre of the Earth", by the one and only, "Rick Wakeman". And to add icing to the cake, we finished the show with the song "Ten Years Gone," by the greatest group in rock and roll, "Led Zeppelin". Eddie truly showed us just how good of a guitar player he really was, leaving not only me, but everyone in the band more that impressed beyond belief.

~~~~~~

"Damn, Mark," Tom told me, as he gave me the money that we'd agreed upon after the show was over, "You guys are entirely too good to be just a cover band.

"I think it's safe to say that I speak for the rest of the band when I say what I'm about to say," I smiled, "But we just really like to play, that's all. And the fact that we're good at what we like to do only makes it that much more enjoyable."

"I've got some major connections in the music industry," he said, "You guys should put a demo together, maybe let me take to a couple of friends of mine. Who knows what could happen?"

"I really appreciate it, Tom," I graciously smiled, "But this was our first gig, and we're all tired. How about we all go home and think about it, okay?"

"Okay, kid," he knowingly grinned, "I'll see you guys tomorrow night."

And after I paid everyone their money, me and the girls loaded up and went home.

~~~~~~

"Holy shit," Lynn smiled, flopping down in the couch once we arrived home, "Was that the best, or what?"

"I know," Jennifer grinned yawning, "It was so cool."

She grinned at me as I sat down next to Lynn, and the after climbed into my lap and giving me a kiss, Jen smiled and said, "If it weren't for you, Mark, none of this would've been possible, baby. I hope you know that."

"Maybe," I yawned, "But can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm really tired, my loves, and I want to go to sleep."

"Me, too," Jennifer softly replied, laying her head on my chest.

"I second that motion," Lynn giggled, standing up, and then taking mine and Jennifer's hands and pulling us to our feet, "Come on, you two, let's go to bed."

~~~~~~

"Roger, Zebra Six," the radio squawked, "We'll be your Ten/Twenty in five mikes."

All of a sudden, I heard one of the men in our squad yelling, "INCOMING, and the ground about ten meters in front of us suddenly exploded in a gut thundering, BOOM; as I heard Staff Sergeant Rick Larson's voice, in pure terror, screaming, "DOC, DOC, PLEASE, HELP ME. I'M HIT, I'M HIT."

As I swiftly crawled on my belly toward the direction his voice was coming from, the dirt directly in front of me became rippled with automatic machine-gun fire, as I heard the very distinctive report of an AK-47 going RATATATATATATAT from somewhere on my right side.

"SNIPER AT YOUR THREE O'CLOCK," yelled Gunnery Sergeant Pete Bowers, "STAY DOWN, DOC AND WE'LL COVER YOU."

I heard, or should I say that I saw, five brave Marines scrambling to get to me before the mortars rang out again, and right before they killed the fucking rag-head son-of-a-bitch that was shooting at us, another deafening, BOOM caused the earth to explode on their location, disintegrating them right before my eyes.

"The last thing I remembered hearing was the sound of my own voice screaming, "NOOOO....GOD DAMMIT, NOOOOOO......"

The next thing I knew was that darkness was all around me as I continued to scream; but somewhere off in the distance, I don't know where; I heard the tender, yet familiar sound of female voices, two of them as a matter of fact. And both of them were calling my name, crying, "Mark, Mark...wake up, baby...Mark...Mark...MAAAARRRKKK!"

~~~~~~

When I opened my eyes, I was sitting straight up in bed, covered in sweat, with tears covering my face. Both Jennifer and Lynn were holding onto me very tightly, clinging to me as if their very lives depended on it. Then I remembered...I'd had another nightmare.

"Oh, Mark," Lynn cried, "Baby are you alright?"

"Yeah," I breathed in relief, "I'm alright."

"Oh, my God," Jennifer wept, "You scared the hell out of us, Mark. Are you sure that you're going to be okay?"

"I'm so sorry," I replied, fresh tears finding their way down my face as I got out of bed, "I need something to drink. I'll be back in a little while, my angels," and then I made my way to the kitchen, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

~~~~~~

I tried to pour myself a glass of orange juice, but I was having difficulty because my hands were shaking so badly. However, the sound of Lynn's voice behind me shook the fear from my heart when, gently taking the glass from my hand, she tenderly said, "Here, baby, let me do that for you. You go sit down and I'll be right there, okay?"

"Thanks, Lynn," I sniffled, "I'm so sorry about this."

I turned around to face her, and the moment I looked into her beautiful blue eyes and saw the love therein, I broke down and bitterly wept, throwing my arms tightly around her.

"Shh, it's going to be okay, baby," she tenderly soothed, her arm gently holding me, "It was just a nightmare, and nightmares never come true."

"I love you guys so much," I continued crying, "I don't know what I'd do if the two of you weren't here in my life. I really mean that, I swear."

"We know you do," Jennifer suddenly but tenderly replied from behind me, taking me from Lynn's arms and into hers while Lynn poured us all something to drink, "We love you, too, and we will for the rest of our lives, Mark, okay baby?"

~~~~~~

Chapter Five

In the time since Jennifer and Lynn first moved in with me and we had become intimate with one another, I'd found a manufacturer that built a chais lounger that was big enough for the three of us to be able to all lay on. And on that lounger was where we found ourselves in the early hours of that morning.

"I'm sorry for waking you two up so early," I told them, "I don't know why I still have those damned nightmares."

"I do," Lynn replied.

"Is that right?" I said, "Well then, why don't you tell me?"

"When was the last time you talked about your experiences, Mark?" Jennifer asked, "Lynn and I love you so much, and you can always talk to us about it."

"She's right," Lynn smiled, reaching across me and brushing the back of her hand across Jen's beautiful cheek, making her smile, "You know that you can trust us not to tell a soul, Mark."

"I don't know about that," I said, my hands still shaking a little, "I mean, it's not that I don't trust you, because you both know that I do."

We know that," Lynn softly replied, "We just hate to see you go through this, baby."

"Talk to us, Mark," Jennifer tenderly said, "You'd be surprised at how much better you'll feel if you do."

"You're probably right," I agreed, "But I don't want to have to remember that shit, that's all."

"Earth to Mark," Lynn firmly replied, "You remember it every time you lay your head down to sleep."

"That's true," Jennifer pointedly reminded me, "And we've been sleeping next to you for just a little over two years, Mark, so; don't act like we don't know what we're talking about...please baby? Do this for us...and yourself," then she began to cry, "We love you so much, and just like Lynn said a few minutes ago, we can't stand to see you going through this."

"Okay, my loves," I relented, "I'll do this, but it's going to have to wait until we're finished with this gig, alright?"

"I love you, Mark," Jennifer sniffled, burying her face into the right side of my neck, "I love you with all my heart."

"I love you, too, baby," Lynn smiled, a lone tear making its way down her beautiful face, "I'll always love you."

"And I love you both," I smiled, holding them, one beneath each arm, pulling them against me, "I would die for either one of you, you know that."

And as opposed to answering me vocally, they both simply nodded their heads, wiping their faces and sniffling....

~~~~~~

It has been taught that a triangle is the strongest geometrical figure that there is. And it's because one point is supported by the other two, drawing and maintaining that same strength from any direction that it is turned. So, therefore, I knew that in the deepest, most secret reaches of my heart that I would never want anyone else, not ever.

We were breaking no laws by living together, only if we tried to marry, which, that subject had never been brought up, not even once. There is a big difference between love and the law anyway; but then again, I'm not going to even attempt to justify my relationship with Jennifer and Lynn to anyone, simply because it wasn't, and still isn't anyone's business but our own, and that's all that matters.

~~~~~~

That night, Saturday, was going just as good as it did the night before. We were all grooving and jamming, and like the night before, the crowd were packed to a standing room only capacity. Tom was making money hand over fist, and was more than happy that we were there. Friends of ours from college were there, as well as some of our teachers, too. Dr. Brown, the head of the music department was simply beside himself, as every member of the band were, every single one, students of his; hence the reason he wore a smirk of pride across his face for the entire time he and his wife were there.

Dr. Barnes, my psychology teacher, had brought his wife as well, and they sat with Dr. Brown and his wife, applauding as loud, if not louder than everyone else at times. Even Julie Hanover and Dr. Marsha Briggs were in attendance, proudly waving and smiling and almost every given opportunity. To say that it was a great night would've been the biggest understatement of all millennium.

We were on our last set when an accident of enormous proportion occurred. Jennifer had just finished singing the song, "Landslide" by "Stevie Nicks", when, as she turned to walk back to her place on the stage, she tripped over a microphone cable that had been carelessly left in her way. When she fell, she landed on her face and bounced off of her front, landing facedown, on the concrete dance floor. The moment I saw her fall, I leapt over my keyboards landing on my feet right nest to where she lay on the dance floor, unconscious.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE," I yelled into the crowd, "PLEASE!"

Thank God that Dr. Nathan Jennings, one of the doctors that worked at the University Hospital was there. He immediately rushed to where Jennifer, who was beginning to regain consciousness, lay.

"An ambulance is on the way," Tom said, "Now standing next to the three of us."

"Wha...what happened?" Jen groggily asked, "What's going on?"

"You just lie still," I gently told her, "Doctor Jennings is here and an ambulance is on the way, you're going to be alright, baby, I promise...."

~~~~~~

Lynn and I were waiting on pins and needles while the emergency room physicians, Dr, Jennings included, worked an our precious Jen. I'd called her parents who were on their way. Mom and Dad were already there, as they'd been in attendance that night.

I was on my knees in fervent prayer, asking God to place his healing hands on my beautiful Jennifer so that nothing would happen to her, right there in the Emergency Room, not caring who saw me and/or what anyone said. And if the truth were known, I would've probably pounded the first person that did, I loved Jennifer that much.

To this day I still thank God daily for my darling Lynn, who, through her undying love for not only me, but our precious Jennifer, was there to reassure me that everything was going to be alright.

~~~~~~

I was expecting the worst when I saw Dr. Jennings as he came into the waiting room to talk to us.

"Mark, Lynn," he said, "Can I speak to the two of you?"

~~~~~~

"Jennifer has a radial fracture in her right arm," he told us, "But other than that, I think she's going to be just fine."

"What about the baby?" I asked, tears covering my face at the thought of something bad happening to our unborn child, "Is everything alright?"

"The baby is going to be fine," he smiled, "Jennifer placed her arms in front of herself, which was how the fracture occurred, when she fell off of the stage; but I still want her to have total rest and relaxation for the next eight weeks. Is that clear?"

"Crystal clear," Lynn calmly replied, "She's got two people, who love her very much, and we're going to take perfect care of her, I assure you."

"I know, he smiled, "She told me about you two, and I think she's a very lucky young woman to have you in her life."

"Thank you, Doctor," I smiled, shaking his hand, "You don't know how glad I am that you were there tonight."

"You're welcome, I'm glad I was there, too," he smiled, "Oh, and by the way, you guys have a great sound, but we'll talk about that later. Jennifer has been asking for the two of you ever since she got here," and then after giving us directions to where she was, we parted ways, profusely thanking him over and over...

~~~~~~

The moment we walked into the small suite where Jennifer had been placed, we immediately rushed to her side, ever so gently hugging her as she began to cry. Her right arm was in what looked like a nylon cast that began at the middle of her upper arm, and then continued down past her elbow, which was bent at a ninety degree angle, all the way to the end of it, leaving only her fingers exposed. And then the whole thing had been placed in a soft linen sling, which, suspended by a strap that was hanging around her neck and shoulder, held the cast in front of her, across her chest.

"I'm so sorry about this, Mark," Jennifer painfully wept, "I don't know what happened."

"Shh...it's okay, my love," I softly told her, tenderly holding her head to my chest, "It wasn't your fault, it was an accident."

"But I feel like I've failed you guys," she cried, "And I'm so ashamed."

"You have nothing to be ashamed about," Lynn softly replied, stepping between us and taking Jennifer into her arms, "We'll work through this together, all three of us."

"She's right Jen, and I love you two very much," I told the two of them, taking them both into my arms, "And nothing is ever going to change that."

"But the doctor said that I won't be able to play on stage," Jen sniffled, "Not for another two, or three months at least."

"That's okay, Jen," Lynn smiled, "Mark and I are going to take good care of you, baby, just you wait and see."

"What're we going to do about making love," Jennifer began to cry again, "I'm hurt right now and I won't be able to..."

"Have you gone mad?" I suddenly laughed, interrupting her, "You just broke your arm and that should be the last thing on you mind, silly girl."

"There's nothing funny about it, Mark," Jennifer began to giggle through her tears, "I have needs, too, you fucker."

"I think we might be able to work around it," Lynn knowingly smiled, licking her lips, "You know what I mean, Jen baby?"

"Oh, yeah," Jen giggled, then groaned because of her shoulder, "We might have to wait a week or so, though."

"I don't believe you two," I smiled, shaking my head, "You girls are absolutely crazy, you know that?"

"Yeah, we are," Jen seductively smiled, grabbing the crotch of my jeans, "We're crazy about you."

"It's going to be a job taking care of her," I told Lynn, "The same thing goes for you, too."

"Yeah, and you've still got a long way to go," Lynn giggled, Jen giggling along with her, "And you're not finished yet....."

THE END....for now anyway.

*

There's still another chapter; folks so, please be patient.

MoogPlayer

P.S. This is a fictional story and nothing more so, all of the wanna be critics should keep that in mind before they leave their caustic comments...lol. God Bless you all.