You're Not Finished Yet Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,935 Followers

"Why, of course I am," he delightfully grinned, "Besides, who said that hunting and fishing is reserved just for boys?"

"We love you, Poppy," Jen and Lynn both told him, hugging him simultaneously, while making his face turn beet red in embarrassment at the same time, "We love you very much."

"I love you gals, too," he chuckled, "You two are the best thing that's ever happened to Mark."

"For once your old grand dad and I are in agreement, Mark," Nana lovingly smiled, "Because I think so, too."

"Hey," I playfully protested, "Do I get a say in this?"

"NO," replied Nana, Poppy, Jennifer and Lynn, simultaneously, which made everyone laugh.

After the girls finished hugging Poppy, Nana smiled and told us, "Come on into the dining room while I put the food on the table."

Here," Lynn smiled, "I'm going to help you, Nana."

"Aw, you don't have to do that, baby," Nana impishly giggled, "But I won't stop you either."

~~~~~~

Nana had gone all out, making country fried steaks, with mashed potatoes and gravy. There were also green beans, which she'd grown and canned right there in her kitchen at least a year before, with black-eyed peas and homemade rolls.

My Nana was well known for being one of the best, if not the best, cooks in my family, hell, even in the whole county that I'd grown up in. Every time there was a church, school, or city sponsored event going on nearby, she could be counted on to make some of the best food that was being served.

But out of everything she'd cooked that night, all of which were my favorites, the best part of the whole dinner came when everyone was finished eating; and she brought out a homemade, from scratch, banana pudding with, also homemade from scratch, a hot apple pie.

"Oh, wow, Jennifer grinned, "That looks so good, Nana."

"You eat all you want, baby girl, Nana smiled, leaning down and kissing Jennifer's beautiful cheek, "Because you're eating for two right now, and I want to make sure that my great grandbaby eats good."

"You'll never have to worry about that. Nana," I chuckled, leaning over and kissing Jennifer's lips "Lynn and I both make sure that Jen has all she wants to eat, don't we, baby?"

"They sure do, Nana," Jen giggled, patting her swollen tummy, "I feel like a huge cow as it is."

"Come on, Jen," Lynn sweetly smiled, patting Jen's hand, "You'll lose all that weight once the baby is born. Isn't that right, Nana?"

"That's right, sweetheart," Nana softly replied, hugging Lynn and Jen, "Besides, you two are the prettiest girls that I've ever seen; and I think you'll do just fine, Miss Jennifer."

"Aw, thank you, Nana," Jen blushed, "I can tell that Mark is related to you; because he says that all the time."

"He's just like his grandfather," Poppy chuckled, "He has great taste in women, too."

~~~~~~

Chapter Three

Three and a half months had passed, and Jennifer's cast had been removed for almost six weeks by this time, and she was also approaching the middle of her eighth month of pregnancy. The doctor said that everything was looking good, and that she would be delivering close to her due date, which was a little over six weeks away.

Her parents had just left to go on a three month cruise that they had been saving up their money in support of, for almost two years. The band was back in full swing, and replacing Eddie was a good move, because the person we replaced him with was female, a girl named Sally Richardson; and she, too, was as good a guitarist as any I'd ever heard before.

Of course I was the only guy in the band now, and to be totally honest, I loved it. The girls that I played music with were not only brilliant, but were all, bar none, some of the best musicians that I've ever had not only the honor, but the privilege of playing with...and yes, I meant playing music with.

~~~~~~

That night we were playing at a place called "Lucy's Bar & Grill". It was a gig that we'd really been looking forward to playing for some time, as it was considered one the premiere establishments in the greater Houston area. The band now consisted of not only me, Jennifer and Lynn, but the Mackey sisters, Tonya and Lisa, and now Sally Richardson. To say that all of the women who were in our band were beautiful would be the biggest understatement ever made. They weren't just beautiful, they were, all five of them, breathtakingly stunning; and I was the envy of every male in the house that night.

A couple of guys that I went to college with approached me during one our set breaks, Todd Hamilton, and John Peters, and complimented not only our sound, but the female members of the band.

"We know that Lynn and Jennifer are with you," Todd grinned, "But what about the other three?"

"What about them?" I laughed, "If you want to know about them, then I suggest you just ask them. They're really nice girls." And as an afterthought, I added, "These girls are also my friends so; I'm going to ask, no, I'm telling you, treat them respectfully, okay, fellas?"

"Come on, Mark," John said, "You know that we don't treat girls badly, don't you?"

"I know that," I smiled, "But still, you can tell anyone who thinks otherwise that they'll answer to me if they don't act right, okay?"

"To hell with everyone else," Todd laughed, "I wouldn't mind being seen with any one of those girls."

"I'm glad to hear that," I replied, "That means that you'll be nice, right?"

"You got it, bro," John smiled, "But would you at least introduce me to that beautiful brunette that's playing lead guitar. She' not only a smoking guitar player, but she's smoking hot, too."

"Okay," I grinned, "I'll introduce you to her, but you're on your own after that, okay?"

"No problem," I chuckled, and then I introduced John to Sally, and Todd to the Mackey sisters. I figured that Tonya and Lisa would decide among themselves which one of them, if either, would want to go out with him.

After that, I joined Lynn and Jennifer at our table, and sat right between them with a hand on each leg.

"Hi, babies," I smiled, "You two sound great tonight, as usual."

"My feet hurt," Lynn complained, "I'll be glad when this damn gig is over with."

"Me, too," Jen said, "My ass is killing me from having to sit in that damned chair."

"I'm sorry, my loves," I gently replied, "But wasn't it you two that wanted me to line this gig up for us?"

"Yes, and I'm sorry, baby," Jen pouted, "Don't listen to me, I'm just a bitchy pregnant woman."

"Don't pay any attention to me either, my love," Lynn whined, "I started my period this afternoon."

"How about if we take a swim when we get home tonight," I smiled, "Would that be better?"

"No," Jen continued to pout, "I just want to go home and get in the bed."

"Me, too," Lynn sulked, "I'll be glad when we're done."

Suddenly I began to laugh, making Jen look at me like I was crazy, and then she said, "I don't understand how you could possibly find any of this funny."

While still laughing, I placed both of my arms around my girls and told them, "You two are, without a doubt, the two most beautiful women that I've ever seen; but when you two don't feel good, ya'll can also be the two biggest bitches I've ever known, but I still love you even more. Now, if that isn't funny, then I don't know what it is."

"Fuck you, Mark," Jennifer began to giggle, "You're an asshole sometimes, too."

"No shit," Lynn giggled as well, "That is so fucked up on so many levels," and before we knew it, the three of us were laughing like fools at a circus.

We finished the night, receiving not only a huge standing ovation, but also rave reviews the next morning in every major newspaper throughout the greater Houston area. However, the next week became the turning point in my life, which has not been the same since.

~~~~~~

We were sitting at the table eating dinner and Jennifer had been telling us since morning that she wasn't feeling well, when suddenly, and with no warning, her water broke. This was a routine that the three of us had practiced several times throughout the last trimester of Jen's pregnancy. As Lynn was helping Jen, as well as herself, getting dressed, I put on some clothes, grabbed a pre-packed suitcase, and then started Lynn's car, in preparation of taking Jen to the hospital.

~~~~~~

We sat with Jennifer for eight hours while she was in labor. Lynn and I took turns walking with her, doing breathing exercises, and generally holding her hand when the labor pains hit her. And when the baby decided to come, it was my Mom that Jennifer chose to go with her into the delivery room.

~~~~~~

Dad, Nan and Poppy, with Lynn and me, sat in the waiting room for about thirty minutes when a nurse came out and asked, "Mister Haynes, Mister Mark Haynes?"

"That's me," I said, standing up, "Is everything alright? How's Jennifer? How's the baby?"

"Come with me," she giggled, "And you can see for yourself."

"Come on, Lynn," I smiled, grabbing her hand, "You're coming with me."

"Not this time, baby," she sweetly smiled, "This time is just for you and Jen."

"Are you sure?" I asked, "You're a part of this, too, ya know."

"Not right now," she softly replied, "Our time will come soon enough, baby. You go, now. I'll be right out here."

"Okay," I smiled, "I love you."

"I know you do, and I love you, too," she smiled, happy tears filling her eyes, "Tell Jen that I love her, too."

"I will," I smiled, caressing her beautiful cheek, and then I turned and followed the nurse.

~~~~~~

At Two Thirty-Four that Morning Jennifer presented me with a beautiful baby girl who we named Abigail Leigh Haynes. She was beautiful like her mother, who, when the nurse took me in to see the two of them that first time, looked even more beautiful than she did the very first time I ever laid eyes on her.

"Hi, baby," Jennifer brightly smiled, holding a beautiful bundle of joy in her arms, "Come over here and meet our daughter."

With tears pouring from my eyes, Jen handed me my daughter and said, "I love you, Mark, I love you with all my heart."

"Hi, sweetie," I sniffled, looking into my daughter's bright blue eyes for the first time, "I'm so happy to meet you," and then I couldn't speak, for the tears of happiness that were raining down my face.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Jennifer asked smiling, as she wiped my tears with her soft hands, "She looks just like her Daddy, don't you think?"

"No," I chuckled, still sniffling, "She looks like her Mommy, and that's why she's so beautiful."

"I can't begin to tell you what I'm feeling right now," I said, "I've never felt more loved than I do right now at this moment."

"It's because you are, Mark," Jennifer gently smiled, "You are."

"So, what're we gong to call her?" I smiled, looking into my daughter's eyes.

"I was thinking," Jennifer grinned, "That maybe we could call her Abbey."

"Hmm, Abbey," I said, "I like that."

"Oh, by the way," Jennifer smiled, "Where's Lynn? I want her to be here, too."

"I'm right here," Lynn said, standing in the doorway. Then she looked at me and said, "Your parents insisted that I come in here."

"And so, you should be here," Jennifer smiled, patting the bed beside her," Come on, baby, come meet your God daughter."

As Lynn walked in and sat beside Jennifer on the bed, I placed Abbey in her arms and said, "Allow me to introduce you to Miss Abigail Leigh Haynes."

"Oh, my God," Lynn began to cry, "She's so beautiful, you guys."

"Yes she is," I smiled, "Just like all the women in this family."

"Are we really," Lynn wistfully asked, "A family, I mean?"

"You bet your pretty little ass we are," Jen giggled, "And don't ever forget it either."

"I love you guys so much," Lynn smiled, looking at Abbey, "All three of you."

~~~~~~

Mom and Dad, as well as Nana and Poppy came into Jennifer's room to see her and Abbey, and I'd never seen my mother or grandmother look more proud than they did when they held Abbey in their arms. And of course Dad and Poppy held her, too, doing their best, and failing miserably not to let their eyes fill with tears.

After all, the birth of Abbey represented a celebration of life, and as the Chinese say, we begin to die on the day we're born; hence the reason that they cry at the birth of child, and celebrate its life when it eventually matures and dies. I know that it may be a morbid analogy at this point, but it is what it is.

~~~~~~

Of course during the first six weeks little Abbey was home, her crib was in our bedroom; but when she began to sleep all night, we made Jennifer's old room into a nursery, where my beautiful little Abbey would sleep.

~~~~~~

When Abbey was three months old, my senior year in college began. Of course Mom was more than happy to baby-sit Abbey on the nights that the band, Pegasus, had to play. And it seemed like we were drawing a bigger crowd with every gig we played. However, it was nearing the end of the first semester that we, as a band, were approached by an A&R guy from Atlantic Records.

The man's name was Darryl Peters and there was something I didn't like about him the very first time I met him; and this wasn't the first time Id seen him at one of our gigs. Of course, I later came to realize that almost all A&R representatives are nothing more than scum; but because of the girls, I listened to what he had to say.

"Aw, Man," he spouted, after this particular gig, "You guys have a great sound."

"We know that," Lynn proudly smiled, "Who are you, and what do you want?"

"My name is Darryl Peters," he said, "And I represent Atlantic Records out of L.A."

Of course this excited the girls to no end, but still, I was going to look out for our best interests, and in doing so, I told him, "Unless you can guarantee us at least a five album deal, with full autonomy, then we're not interested."

"Nobody has ever been give full autonomy in the history of Atlantic Records," he laughed, "Who do you think you are, dude, Led Zeppelin?"

"Let me remind you, that you're one who wanted to talk to us," I replied, "Not the other way around, dude," as the girls all giggled.

"I don't know," Peters fretted, "I'll have talk to my boss about this."

"You do that," I told him, "And when you're ready to play, then come back and see us."

After Peters left, I looked at the girls in the band and said, "Don't worry, hell be back. In the mean time, I want you all at our house tomorrow around noon. Is that okay with everyone?"

When they all agreed, we broke down our gear, packed it up, and then parted ways until the next day.

~~~~~~

Sally Richardson arrived at our house about five minutes early, with the Mackey sisters, Lisa, and Tonya, right on time. Of course with everyone in the house being female, they all had to take a moment to make stupid over Abbey. And then after handing her back to Jennifer, sat down to listen to what I had to say.

'Thanks for coming, everyone," I said, "I'm glad you could all make it."

"We're here to talk about what that A&R jackass from Atlantic had to say," Lisa asked, "Aren't we?"

"Yes," I replied, "We are. But before we go any further, I need to know if everyone is interested in seeking a record deal."

"As long as you're the one who negotiates the terms," Tonya said, "Then I'm interested."

"Baby, I trust fully you," Jennifer smiled, "You know that."

"Me, too," Lynn smiled, "One hundred percent."

"I do," Tonya added, "You haven't steered us wrong yet."

"What about you, Sally," I asked her, "How do you feel?"

"Why not?" she smiled, "I mean, all I ever wanted to do was just play, and if this is what the rest of you guys want, then you can count me in as well."

"Okay then, this is how it's going to be," I began, "Everyone knows that record labels are going to squeeze all that they can from whomever they sign to their label; and most bands will jump at the chance just to be signed with a major label, consequences be damned."

"So, what are we going to do," Jen asked, "How is it going to be different for us?"

'First of all, I'm no dummy when it comes to the everyday operations of a record label," I said, "Second of all, I'm going to make certain that we get as much, if not more money than the label itself; especially when it comes to our music, because I plan on writing eighty to ninety percent of what's going on all of the albums that we record."

"Damn, Mark," Tonya smiled, "I would've never thought of that."

"Furthermore," I said, "If you girls are willing to blindly trust me, then I promise you that we'll all do very well come payday, okay?"

I waited while the girls all talked amongst themselves, and then after a few moments, Jennifer looked at me smiling, and said, "We trust you, baby, all of us."

Alright," I smiled, "Leave everything to me, okay?"

Once again Jennifer smiled as she replied, "We're putting this in your hands, my love."

~~~~~~

Over a period of the next week, between classes and time for Jennifer, Abbey, and Lynn, I managed to write four songs, all of which were radio quality. And when I played them for the rest of the band, they all got on the ball and learned each and every one of them, insisting that the songs be incorporated into out current set list.

And as expected, when we played at "Jericho's" the following weekend, Darryl Peters was there waiting to talk to us like a wolf waiting for the lamb. However, he had another gentleman with him, whom, from pictures that I'd previously seen in Rolling Stone Magazine, I immediately recognized as Ahmet Ertegun, the president of Atlantic Records.

~~~~~~

"I really liked what I heard this evening," Mr. Ertegun smiled, shaking our hands as he introduced himself, "My name is..."

"Mister Ahmet Ertegun," I happily smiled, "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

"No, young man," he grinned, "The pleasure is all mine, believe me."

After we introduced ourselves, Mr. Ertegun got right to the point, and said, "I understand that you want a five album deal, and that you also want full autonomy. Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir," I humbly replied, "While I understand that a producer would more than likely be called in to oversee the recording process, please allow me to tell you that we don't want anyone touching anything that we've recorded, because it would take away what we feel is the spirit of our music."

"I can understand that," he kindly replied, "What else do you want out this deal?"

"We want to write everything that goes on each album," I told him, "I mean, how can you expect us to truly feel something that we haven't written? It will definitely make a difference not only on tape, but also during any live performances, as well."

"It sounds to me like you've been giving this some serious thought," he smiled, "Is there anything else I need to know?"

I could've literally kissed Lynn, as a matter of fact, I did, when she said, "What about marketing, sir?"

"What about it?" Darryl Peters sneered, "That's our job, thank you."

"I wasn't talking to you," Lynn glared, "I was talking to Mister Ertegun."

"Now you wait a minute, girl," Peters bellowed, before Ahmet cut him off.

"Take the limo back to the hotel, Darryl," he calmly told him, "I'll be along later."

"Yer, sir," he said, glaring at Lynn on the way out.

"Jeez," Lynn giggled, "What an asshole. Please tell us that we won't have to deal with him, Mister Ertegun."

"Believe it or not," Ahmet said, "Darryl is very good at what he does."

"Maybe so," I calmly replied, "But I don't like the way he undresses the girls with his eyes, sir."

"Alright then," he gently said, "We'll talk about that later. Now about the marketing, what are your concerns?"

Because she opened the topic, I gave Lynn a look that said she should speak in our behalf. And in doing so, she looked at Ahmet and said, "We want a guarantee that you will give us full media saturation, releasing at least one, maybe even two singles before the first album is released."

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,935 Followers