You're Worth Dying For Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks sweetie, see you Friday."

"Gerald Ashton-Forbes -- is that you Maggie?"

"You know it is."

"Quite. Look, let's forget about our attempt to shaft you, metaphorically speaking, and start anew. We've analyzed your press capacity which is sixty-percent above your current requirements. We'd like to do a deal, taking what we estimate is sixty-five percent of that surplus capacity -- three magazines. We have an option on premises near your plant for an editorial and production team to insert twenty-percent local content in three of our magazines we wish you to print and distribute nationally on contract as rates which even we Australians think are astonishingly fair. What do you say, pretty one?"

"Well, you old flirt. Courier me a proposal, with every 'I' dotted and 't' crossed and I'll take it to my board. It sounds a compatible partnership to me providing the figures stack up."

"You mean that, after what we put you through?"

"Gerald, don't be a wet; this is business."

"Maggie, you should be on my team. I've never met anyone like you -- a female I mean."

"Good night, your old flirt."

"Wait -- how's Ryan? We've been following your saga on TV."

"He's okay' the surgeon expects he'll be back in the office doing light work, part time, in six weeks from now. Knowing Ryan, I suspect it will be four weeks. Good night."

"Goodnight Maggie. I wish my two daughters were like you."

Maggie was elated. Although she didn't have the figures the Australian contracts, unless cancelled or wrangles occurred, would be big money in the back for the company, probably representing up to fifty percent of net revenues of the company. She thought if in time the Australians came back with a friendly offer to acquire the company she'd talk at length to fellow shareholders without the Australians present and suggest she take theEcho and start up a new company, those not wanting part of that would have the choice of negotiating a personal employment contract with the Australians or accepting a fat check and walking. That way the impact on employees would be minimal and the community would scarcely notice any change.

She yawned, accepting she was bone weary but exceedingly happy.

TO BE CONTINUED...