You've Got Mail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,172 Followers

Bending over, she checked the coin return to see if any of them had been rejected. None had. Then she tried pressing some of the buttons on top, still nothing happened.

"Are you having a problem?" a voice said from behind Noemi.

Turning around, Noemi faced a tall twenty something brunette with waist length hair. In her hands she was holding a paper bag from the local Burger Barn.

"Need help?" asked the girl whose nametag identified her as Kathy.

"I wouldn't want to interrupt your lunch," Noemi replied. "Your burger will get cold."

"Nah, it's only a salad," Kathy replied as she stepped past the older woman to the scanner. "Besides, this should only take a minute." she added as she checked the machine.

Before Noemi could think of another objection, Kathy lifted her head up from the scanner and said, "I knew it had to be something simple."

Noemi gave silent thanks that the girl had found whatever the problem was without having to lift the cover and look at the photograph she was trying to scan. Kathy explained that even though Noemi had put a floppy disk into the machine to store the image, she had inadvertently left the scanner on print mode and it since it was out of paper, it wouldn't work.

"Here we go," Kathy said as she pressed the right buttons and the scanner began to hum.

The small blue and red lights on the console flashed back and forth for a few seconds, then the dark green one where Noemi had inserted her disk. Then they all went dark.

"All done," Kathy smiled as she popped the disk and handed it to Noemi.

"Thank you," Noemi said as she took it in hand.

Before the redhead realized it, Kathy also picked up the hood cover of the scanner and picked up the Polaroid print to hand back to Noemi as well. In lifting it, she had turned it as to get a clear view of the image on it.

With no reaction other than a warm smile, Kathy handed the photograph back to Noemi. As soon as it was in her hand, she put both it and the disk back into her envelope.

"If you need anything else scanned," Kathy said in a low voice that only Noemi could hear, "just bring it over when I'm not out to lunch. I'll make sure you don't have any problems with it."

Noemi thanked her and quickly left the store. As she crossed the street back to the Food King, she wondered if Kathy had ever used the machine to scan a picture of herself. A picture that she might not have wanted anyone else to see.

Noemi waited with not a small measure of anticipation the next night for Jon to sign on. Friday was his birthday and she wanted him to have the picture before then. A smile filled her face when the PC beeped as his name appeared on her Friend List.

Grocery Girl: Good Evening

JonD1982: Hi :)

Grocery Girl: How was your day?

JonD1982: It was okay. Trying to get all my work done so I can go out tomorrow night for my birthday.

Grocery Girl: Speaking of which, I have a surprise for you.

JonD1982: Oh Oh ...

Grocery Girl: Why Oh Oh?

JonD1982: The last time a woman I had been chatting with told me that she had a surprise for me, it turned out that she was a guy.

Noemi was stunned. She had heard that some men logged on with women's names but hadn't really thought about it. After all, she hadn't even tried to chat with any other women online. She could only imagine the embarrassment Jon must've felt when "that woman" told him the truth.

By chat, Jon had undoubtedly meant cyber-sex. He must've been crushed to learn that the woman he was jerking off to was really another man.

JonD1982: You're not going to tell me that, are you?

Grocery Girl: No, nothing like that. :) Hold on a minute.

Noemi uploaded the disk and attached it to an email. She had practiced sending it to herself earlier, just to make sure she got it right.

JonD1982: Oh God!!

Grocery Girl: I hope you like it.

JonD1982: Like it? I love it. You're so beautiful!

Grocery Girl: Liar! But thank you anyway. Happy Birthday. :)

JonD1982: This has got to be the best present anyone is going to give me.

Grocery Girl: Well let's see if I can give you another present to go with it. Why don't you relax and let me do the typing.

With a wicked grin on her face, Noemi's fingers raced across the keyboard, creating a vision of what she would like to do to Jon on his birthday. When she had finished, there was a long pause before any response appeared on the screen.

JonD1982: That was the best yet. I split the screen and had your picture on one side and your words on the other.

Grocery Girl: I'm glad you enjoyed it. Happy Birthday once more.

JonD1982: The way you were typing, you couldn't have done that one handed.

Grocery Girl: No, I had to use both, why?

JonD1982: Then you didn't...

Grocery Girl: That's okay. Next time we'll worry about that. Tonight was your night.

JonD1982: Thanks ... For both my gifts.

After they signed off, Noemi had a small snack before heading to bed. She began thinking about Jon's story of the man who had been presenting himself as a woman. It made her realize that she should be more careful about taking things at face value online.

Then it even occurred to her that Jon could be a fake just as easily. Not a woman playing a man of course, not that something like that couldn't happen. He could just as easily be a man her age or older paying a teenager.

"Well either way, it's all just a game anyway," she told herself as she crawled into bed. "It's not like it was real life or anything."

Just before she closed her eyes, she wondered if she should try and get Jon to send her a picture.

The weekend came and instead of spending part of it with Jim, Noemi took a drive upstate to talk to an old friend about a possible new job. They were looking for a manager for a new mega-market up in Wilsonville and her friend had suggested that she come up and be interviewed.

Carl Miller was the regional director of the chain and had even arranged for her to be interviewed on the weekend as not to interfere with her job at Food King. They had met at a seminar the previous year, sharing a few drinks and his bed. Noemi had made it clear that if she did interview for the job it would be on her merits and not her bedroom skills. Carl had assured her that was definitely the case and she had believed him. He could easily find a bedmate, but good store managers where hard to find.

The chance to advance and start a new life appealed to Noemi. Her life had fallen into a rut. She had taken the job at the Food King shortly after her divorce, planning to have it just until she got her life reorganized. One year followed the other and before she realized it, almost eight years had passed.

The interview went very well and Carl told her that while he had to interview two more candidates during the week, he felt that she was the most qualified. He further proved that it was on a professional level that he was interested in her when, despite that she was spending the night at a local motel at their expense, the regional director made no attempt to share her bed.

Driving home the next day, Noemi was very glad she had spent the night at the motel and got a good night sleep. The trip up here had been relatively smooth but the one southbound was a nightmare. There was a major accident twenty miles ahead, some kind of toxic spill that brought traffic to a standstill and turned what should've been an easy two-hour drive into a five-hour crawl.

After two detours that really didn't make the trip any faster, Noemi was finally back on the Interstate and past the obstruction. She had lunch just before she left Wilsonville but would kill right now for a cup of coffee. At the very next exit, she turned into the service area and headed for the Twenty-Four & Seven in it.

Pouring herself a cup of coffee from the self serve counter and picking out a still fresh piece of Danish, Noemi paused at the large post it board near the counter and read a few of the notices. By their very nature, it showed the area to be very different from the city. It would be something she would have to get used to if she moved up here.

"Let's not get too far ahead of yourself girl," she told herself. "You don't have that job yet."

"Hey Jon, cover for me a few minutes," the tall sandy haired teen behind the counter called out to his fellow worker who was sweeping out one of the aisles, "I need to take a personal."

Noemi's eyes shot up at the sound of the other young man's name. She was almost afraid to look. It was too much of a coincidence. There had to be a hundred kids named John who worked at these stores.

Stepping up to the counter, she almost dropped her coffee when she looked and saw the small name tag that said Jonathan. How many Jonathans could there be?

"Will there be anything else," the young man smiled as he put her coffee and Danish in a bag.

"God, he is so cute," Noemi thought as she looked at him. "Could it really be him?"

"Ma'am?" Jon asked again, not realizing that the woman was staring at him.

"I was wondering if you had any birthday cards?" she asked with a sudden inspiration. "I have a friend who had a birthday the other day and I'd like to get him one."

"No kidding," Jon laughed. "My birthday was Friday. I'm afraid that we don't have cards though."

"That's okay," Noemi smiled, "I'm sure he was happy with what I did give him."

"Well you have a safe trip," Jon said as she paid for her purchases and he gave her change.

"Oh, by the way," Noemi said as she stopped and turned back in his direction. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks," Jon grinned.

"Oh God!" Noemi exclaimed as she sat back in her car. "I can't believe that was really him."

The urge to go back and find out for sure, telling him who she was, was almost irresistible. Knowing that if she stayed here any longer she would do just that, the thirty-six-year-old put the car into gear and turned back on the Interstate.

All the rest of the drive home, Noemi couldn't get Jonathan out of her head. Memories of the fantasies they had shared replayed in her mind, this time with a live person replacing the imaginary one. When she finally reached home, she found she needed a change of underwear.

Come Monday night, they met online as they normally did, but Noemi was a little more reserved than she had been. With Jon now being a real person in her mind, she really didn't feel as comfortable playing sex games online with him.

JonD1982: Is something bothering you?

Grocery Girl: Why would you ask that?

JonD1982: I don't know, you just seem a little different tonight.

Grocery Girl: Guess I'm just tired. Maybe I should just call it an early night.

JonD1982: Sure, I hope you feel better.

Come Thursday night, Noemi decided not to log on at all. She just couldn't bring herself to even chat with Jon about everyday things.

"I just need to get back into the real world," she said as she started to understand how people got drawn into this cyber-world.

Carl had promised to let her know about the new job by Monday, so she decided to have one really good last fling with Jim Perez. She didn't feel guilty about the idea that she might soon be breaking it off with him. After all, their relationship hadn't been built on anything more than mutual sexual gratification.

"Yes ... Yes ... Oh Yes!" Noemi shouted as she wrapped her legs tighter around Jim's back and he pressed deeper inside of her. "Fuck me!"

The muscled mechanic was more than happy to grant her wish, ramming his large cock harder into her womanhood. Jim seemed tireless and on a good night he acted like he could go on forever. Making a wish, Noemi hope this was one of those good nights.

"Do it to me, lover," she said into his ear as she kissed it as well. "Give me that big, beautiful cock!"

Jim's reply, as it usually was in times like this, was an unintelligible series of grunts. The lack of response didn't really bother Noemi. If wasn't like she dated Jim for his mind.

As it seldom failed to do, Jim's relentless pumping soon brought the woman beneath him to the edge of orgasm. Noemi closed her eyes, content to let her mind drift and ride the pleasing waves ripping through her quaking body. Experience told her both their climaxes were but moments away.

Jim's arrived with a blast of whiteness within her and an even loader groan. Only a heartbeat before, Noemi's body had shuddered with her own eruption, blotting out all else.

"Oh Jon," she gasped too softly for anyone but her to hear.

Her eyes snapped open when she realized what she had said. Thankfully, Jim was too engrossed in his own climax to notice. Even more worrisome to her was the realization that in the moments just before her orgasm, it was Jon's young body that she imagined on top of and inside her.

Again following his norm, Jim was fast asleep almost as soon as he pulled out of her and rolled onto his back. Leaving Noemi to ponder what she was actually feeling.

She now admitted to herself that what she'd been feeling since actually seeing Jonathan last weekend had been lust. Simple, overwhelming lust, the intensity of which not even Jim's usual diligence in his efforts had been able to quench.

It was strange she thought, to have such feelings for someone she didn't even really know at all. She'd never had thoughts about young men before, at least not since she'd been a young women. Then again, there had never been anyone she'd ever shared her secret fantasies with before either.

It had to be the anonymous nature of the online chat she decided. There was something about it that encouraged you to just let it all hang out. The only question was, what did she now do about it. Like the old saying went, it was a lot harder to get the Genie back in the bottle.

The call from Carl Miller came Monday afternoon. He said he was sorry for making her wait so long for an answer and wished that he could say that the wait had been worth it. Unfortunately, one of the last two candidates was going to get the job. It had been a real close decision, he had assured her, but he had to go with the best choice. It was just business and he hoped she understood that.

Noemi said she did and thanked him for the opportunity to apply, adding all the right things she knew he wanted to hear. After all, it made no sense to burn any bridges. There might be other opportunities in the future.

"Maybe I should've fucked him again after all," she thought as she hung up the phone and sat back in her favorite chair, feeling more than a little sorry for herself.

Turning on the computer and logging on, she found a half dozen emails waiting for her. All had JonD1982 in the sender box. The messages were brief and ranged from; Hi, sorry to have missed you and hope you're feeling ok to Have I done something to offend you? Noemi was still reading the last of them when an instant message flashed onto the screen.

JonD1982: Hello?

Noemi just stared at the screen, not sure if she should answer.

JonD1982: Are you there?

JonD1982: I guess you don't want to talk to me anymore. Whatever I did, I'm sorry. I won't bother you again. Goodbye. :(

Noemi read his words as they spread across the screen. All she had to do was let him think she was mad at him and the problem would solve itself. The best answer was no answer.

Grocery Girl: Wait! I'm here.

JonD1982: Hi Noemi :)

Grocery Girl: I'm not mad at you.

JonD1982: I thought maybe I'd done something wrong.

Grocery Girl: Not at all. I had a little problem this past week, that's all.

JonD1982: Anything I can help you with?

She had to laugh at his offer. Not that he wanted to help, but the image of how he could help her that filled her head.

Grocery Girl: No, nothing that you could do. I had a chance at a new job but it fell through.

JonD1982: I'm sorry.

Grocery Girl: Thank you.

Noemi took a deep breath, then asked the question she'd been dying to ask all week.

Grocery Girl: You work at a Twenty-Four & Seven, right?

JonD1982: Yes

Grocery Girl: Is it the one by East Grove?

JonD1982: How did you know?

Grocery Girl: And you worked last Sunday?

JonD1982: Yes I did.

Grocery Girl: I was one of your customers.

JonD1982: You're kidding.

Grocery Girl: No, I bought a coffee and a Danish. Your friend had to take a break and asked you to take over behind the counter.

JonD1982: I don't remember. It gets real busy Sundays and that was a week ago. I wish you'd told me who you were. The coffee would've been free. :)

Grocery Girl: Just the coffee?

JonD1982: ... and anything else you wanted. :)

Grocery Girl: I thought you were really cute.

JonD1982: (blush)

JonD1982: I'm so mad that I didn't know it was you. I so much would've liked to talk to you for real.

Grocery Girl: Looking back, I regret not introducing myself too.

JonD1982: Maybe we can get together another time. Do you think you'd be coming up this way again anytime soon?

Grocery Girl: How about Friday?

JonD1982: Friday?

Grocery Girl: Are working Friday night?

JonD1982: No, Friday is my night off.

Grocery Girl: That's good.

JonD1982: Good????

Grocery Girl: Well if you were working, we couldn't go out to dinner.

JonD1982: You're kidding...

Grocery Girl: I'm quite serious.

JonD1982: You want me to take you out to dinner?

Grocery Girl: Actually I thought I'd take you. I'm assuming my job pays a little better than the Twenty-Four & Seven.

JonD1982: I can't believe you want to actually go to dinner with me.

Grocery Girl: Why is that so hard. Isn't that what friends do.

JonD1982: :)

Grocery Girl: I'm going to be up that way on business during the day. Do you know a restaurant we can go to? One where you won't mind being seen with an old lady.

JonD1982: You're not old.

Grocery Girl: :)

JonD1982: Mama Maria's on Route 4 is pretty nice.

Grocery Girl: Then Mama Maria's it is. Is 8:00 okay for you? I'll meet you there.

JonD1982: That sounds great :)

Grocery Girl: Then I'll see you Friday night. Unless ...

JonD1982: Unless?

Grocery Girl: I was just thinking that if you wanted to, we could talk on the phone for a little while.

JonD1982: I think I'd rather wait until we could talk face to face. I hope you don't mind.

Grocery Girl: Not at all. So Friday then.

JonD1982: Friday. :)

Grocery Girl: Before I head up that way, I'll check for last minute email for any changes.

JonD1982: Okay. I can't wait until Friday.

Friday came soon enough. Noemi didn't really have business upstate but it was a good excuse at the time. Taking the day off, she went up in the late afternoon to beat rush hour traffic. She had once eaten at Mama Maria's a few years back and remembered that there was a motel just down the road from there. It would be a good place to take a room, just in case. If nothing else, she would at least have someplace to sleep if the night went late, rather than facing a drive home in the dark when she was tired.

Stopping off first at Mama Maria's, Noemi made a reservation for later that evening. Even out of the way as it was, the restaurant could easily fill up on a Friday night. She could've done it on the phone, but wanted to make sure they got a table where they could talk. More than once she'd asked for one over the phone only to find herself sitting next to the kitchen or the entertainment. It was a pleasant surprise to find the restaurant hadn't changed at all.

Moving on up the road to the motel, Noemi was even more surprised that had totally changed. Instead of the rather ordinary traveler's motel she remembered, it was now one of those places where people were more likely to rent a room by the hour than by the night. The kind frequented by teenagers tired of the backseat of their cars or couples who were married, but just not to each other.

Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,172 Followers