Zombie Apocalypse Ch. 04

Story Info
Adjustments and decisions...
4k words
4.42
22.7k
20

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/24/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
indianfire
indianfire
175 Followers

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been a long time since I posted and I'm very sorry. Last year I went through a difficult miscarriage, and I moved as well. After that I just kind of threw myself into my day job to keep distracted. I hope to be back from my hiatus, with this new chapter being only the beginning. If I start slacking, feel free to send me an e-mail of leave a comment.

To all of my loyal fans: Thank you for your continued support. I hope this one doesn't disappoint. It isn't as steamy as usual, but I'm trying to build up the story. I hope for it to get much hotter soon ;).

***

I was sitting at lunch with my father and Rick while the silence stretched on. Both of their jaws were slack and I swear I would've been able to hear a pin drop.

"Hello? Dad? Rick? I said I think I want to join the security team," I announced a second time.

My dad cleared his throat, "Now Princess, isn't there something else you might want to do? You're really good in the kitchen and there are a lot of mouths to feed."

"It would be really dangerous," Rick piped in. My father nodded.

Dangerous? Well no shit Sherlock, I thought. But it would be dangerous for a man too. "Is this because I'm a girl? It would be dangerous for anyone. And yes, I like to cook, but I'm also good with weapons thanks to all that training you gave me Daddy." I sent them both a 'kill with kindness' smile. The last bit seemed to catch my dad.

"I just wanted you to know how to protect yourself Baby Girl." His tone was condescending, the same one he used on me when I was 5. My temper was starting to creep out.

"And you taught me extremely well. So well, in fact, that I can probably protect myself better than most of the men on this ship. I could help," I pleaded.

Roan Hartley's voice became firm, "Logan, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You're my daughter and I want you to stay safely on this ship."

"Oh really? But you're going to let Rick go out there and risk his safety?" I demanded. It was Rick who responded this time.

"Logan, we would both worry about you too much. I'm in charge of the team, and I wouldn't be able to focus if I was more worried about keeping you safe. There are plenty of other things you can do."

In a huff of exasperation I shoved my chair back and tossed my napkin on the table. "Fine. I'm done with lunch, so I'm leaving."

With my head held high I soared out of the room.

***

I looked over at Roan. "Sorry Man, I didn't mean to upset her."

"It's alright Rick. My little girl has always been head strong. And she doesn't like being told she can't do something just because she's a girl. Her temper will cool." Roan looked satisfied with his analysis, but I didn't want her to be mad at me.

"If you say so, but I'm going to go check on her just in case."

"Alright, just make sure you're back early for dinner so that us 'Chiefs' can have a meeting," he chuckled.

I tried not to look too rushed as I followed the path Logan had taken when she stormed out. It didn't take me long to find her in an alcove not far down the corridor. Her eyes flashed when she saw me. I raised my hands palm out to show I meant no harm.

"What do you want?" she asked defiantly.

"I just wanted to come see that you were alright." I tried to use a soothing tone of voice.

"I'm fine as you can see, so you can go."

I shook my head and sat next to her on the bench. She looked so cute when she was angry. Before I thought better of it, I reached out and gently tugged on a silky strand of her hair. "I don't want you mad at me. I know you would be a great member of the team, but if you were out there with me, I would be worried about only you. You're too close to me, and your father would never forgive me if something happened to you. I'll have a whole team to worry about."

"And? Don't you think I'll be worried about you? Who's going to make sure YOU stay safe?" she prodded. I smiled that she was so protective of a big guy like me.

"I've been taking care of myself since before you met me Doll, and I've been fine. And I won't be alone."

It appeared that she was mulling it over and thinking of everything before she sent a haughty look my way. "Are we back to Doll? Because I could have sworn you called me a Brat to my father after we had our discussion."

Damn, she had a good memory. But it wasn't like I could tell her the reason that I did that was to ensure that her father had no idea I was attracted to his spitfire daughter. "It slipped, I'm sorry Logan. I'll try not to let it happen again, okay?"

She crossed her arms and gave a 'hrmph' in response. I couldn't help but laugh, and eventually she started laughing too. I pulled her against my side and laid a kiss on the top of her head. God, she smelled good. I wished I could kiss her a little more south on her soft pink lips, but I didn't dare.

"I should probably go up to the pool that way if Jess and everyone gets there first they're not worried. You don't have to come if you don't want to."

There was no way I could say no to her big doe eyes. "I'm going Doll." I stood and held out a hand to her to help her up. Her hand felt good in mine, but I let go quickly.

***

We made it up to the pool deck before Jess and Finn. Rick was being quiet beside me. He looked like he was thinking awful hard about something, and I had a fuzzy feeling it had something to do with me. I didn't have time to ask because soon my friends arrived.

Finn smiled when he saw me and settled on my other side. I smiled back at him, even though I was still a bit confused.

"Hey Logan, we missed you at lunch," he said.

"You better be eating dinner with us," Jessie chimed in. She was leaning in awful close to Tristan. I wondered if I had missed anything important at lunch.

Soon the movie started. As it progressed, I mentally groaned. A woman stuck between two hot men. Ugh, how ironic. I spent the whole movie thinking about the Finn and Rick situation. It did help clear my head a bit. Rick was hot, but it would never work. He was too close to my dad and I was sure that would get in the way. I also wasn't sure if what I was feeling was just a rollover of a childhood crush.

Now Finn, I knew what I felt for him was real. I liked spending time with him. And while it was a tiny bit complicated, Rick was way more complicated. Finn had the potential to be a real partner. I was on even footing with him, and the more time we spent together, the easier it was getting to fall for him.

Occasionally I would feel Finn's eyes on me, and sometimes maybe Rick's too. By the time the movie was over, I was ready to get out from in between them. Rick made that easy. When he stood he gave me an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Doll, but I have to get back for a meeting with The Chiefs." He looked like he wanted to say more, but he didn't.

"Okay Rick, see you later."

He paused before turning and leaving. I let out the breath I was holding.

"Sorry kids, but I think we're going to go too. We want to go figure out what jobs we'd like so we don't get assigned some. We'll see you all at dinner," Kathy Swain announced.

That left just the four of us. Jessie piped up.

"Why don't we go back to our room and we can all watch some movies? The TV had a DVD player and I managed to sneak some out of the library on the ship."

"That sounds great," Tristan responded.

It didn't take long to get back to the room and get situated. I was still feeling slightly disoriented toward Finn, but I was happier to be beside him after my revelation earlier. He was definitely the right choice for me. The butterflies in my stomach seemed to agree.

Naturally Finn and I ended up on my bed, while Tristan and Jess ended up on hers. With the lights dimmed and the movies on it was slightly romantic. Well, except for the chatter from the other bed. I looked to Finn, my heart pounding at his close proximity. The heat from his body was seeping into my skin. His eyes were so deep and intense, glancing at my body as if he could see what was under my thin beach wrap. I felt my cheeks fill with color at his thorough appraisal. Glancing down from his gaze, my stare concentrated on his hard pecs. His white tee didn't hide his muscular body. Just looking at him made my mouth water.

Finn licked his lips, and it made me flash back to our earlier encounter. Those soft, full lips between my legs. His tongue licking up and down my slit, probing gently inside me. Fuck, the images alone were making me wet and horny. I shifted restlessly and Finn's eyes picked up the motion. Tugging the blanket over us, he moved closer, molding our bodies together.

I checked to make sure Jess and Tristan weren't paying attention. They weren't, they seemed to be as engrossed with each other as we were. I laid my head on Finn's shoulder, trying to muffle my moan. His hard body felt so damn good against my softer one. I couldn't resist rubbing my body against his, like a cat begging for attention. Finn didn't disappoint, his hands moved to untie my sarong, and I really couldn't bring myself to stop him. I so wanted to get lost in him, forget Rick, forget the ship, forget about the whole damn apocalypse thing.

Those warm hands on my belly, my ribs, they were definitely distracting enough. I reciprocated in kind, sliding my palms under his shirt to feel the tantalizing muscle beneath. His sharp, indrawn breath made me feel empowered. I pressed my body closer to his and finally pressed our lips together. Finn's response was immediate, his tongue thrust into my mouth like he was a starving man and I was the last piece of fruit.

A loud moan from the other bed ruined the heated moment between us. Suddenly the room was quiet until we all started laughing.

"All right guys, I think it's time you went to your room so we can all get ready for dinner," Jess announced. Both men grumbled, earning some more chuckles. Finn leaned forward for a quick kiss before vacating my bed.

"See you soon Beautiful," he whispered.

When the door was shut and we could no longer hear their footsteps, Jess and I jumped out of bed and squealed.

"EEEEEeeeeEEE!!" Jess squeaked. I covered my ears trying to keep a straight face.

"Jess, you're ridiculous."

"If I am, so are you. I know you and Finn were getting just as hot as Tris and I."

"So it's 'Tris' now is it?" I inquired playfully.

"Oh yes it is. And I'm glad, it works out since you warmed back up to Finn," she prodded.

"I have no clue what you mean," I tried to play it off.

"Oh come one, give it up Lo. You were giving that poor boy the cold shoulder earlier. I thought maybe Rick said something to you to change your mind."

I blushed deep red. "There is nothing between Rick and I. He's my father's friend and he's too old to be interested in me."

She gave me a pointed look. "Sure, that's totally what I got from him devouring you with his eyes during the movie."

"He was not!"

"Was too!"

"Was he really?" Part of me was extremely flattered, but I knew that would never happen. It was just the leftovers from childhood hero worship. "Never mind Jess, that isn't going to happen. And don't get me wrong, Finn is a good guy, I think. But I don't really know him, and now is not the time to get involved with anyone. The world out there Jess, it's falling apart. People are... changing, turning into... we're not sure what."

"Geez, I get that Logan, but we're all still here. For now we're safe, and it can't hurt for this ship of us to band together. And it's not a bad thing if you have feelings for Finn."

***

Dinner was an interesting affair. It was Jess, her parents, Tristan, Finn and I at a table. The Swains were discussing jobs.

"I think I'll work with the children and in the kitchen. They said I could do both and that they would just put me where they needed me, week by week," Mrs. Swain told us.

"And I'll be taking inventory and helping keep track of supplies. It's probably the closest I'll get to accounting here," Jim Swain chuckled. Jess rolled her eyes lovingly at her parents.

There was a hum of conversation around us, as if everyone else was thinking of the same thing: trying to find their new place in this new world. I still didn't know my place, which I meant I had to have another wonderful conversation with my father (eye roll).

Until then I wanted to enjoy the relative peace around me. The smiles Finn kept shooting my way were making me feel warm and content. Every so often his hand would seek mine out under the table and give it a reassuring squeeze. It made me feel better about my feelings, although I still felt guilty for finding any happiness when who knew what was happening back on land.

Once dinner was over I rose from my seat to go have the final conversation with my dad. Finn's eyes were questioning, but it was Jess who asked.

"Where ya goin' Lo?"

"I have to go talk to my dad and figure out what job I want," was my answer. Jess looked to Finn and then at me. I didn't miss the motion.

"Will we see you later?" she asked.

"Maybe we could watch another movie later?" Tristan piped in.

"Sure, sounds good. I'll meet you at the room when I'm done."

My gaze fell on Finn, and I was slightly disappointed he didn't say anything. Didn't he want to see me later? Or was he happy to be rid of me? My troubled thoughts continued as I sought out my dad, leader of the Chiefs.

***

Finn watched her go, cursing himself for his silence. They were so many things he wanted to say, but for some reason he said none of them. He really wanted to see her again, to watch a movie with her, anything to be around her. But he wasn't quite sure where they stood. For starters, the way they met at college was unconventional. And now the world was ending.

And yet, she had comforted him when he thought about his mother. He didn't want to dwell on that, he refused to believe she was gone yet. Damn, Finn, think of something else. Think of Logan.

Man, she was gorgeous, like some entrancing gypsy. Her eyes, fuck he sounded like a romantic, but her eyes always pulled him in. He wanted to drown in them. And she was smart too, and had a great sense of humor. Not to mention that fiery temper of hers that got his blood pumping.

His brother nudged him to bring him back to reality. Finn scowled but Tristan just continued to grin. He leaned in closer.

"Dude, you've got it bad," he whispered.

"Fuck off," was the response he got.

"I heard how hot and heavy you were in her room you know."

"I could say the same about you."

They let the subject go while the group started disbanding.

"Alright kids, we're off. If you need anything, you know where to find us," the Swains said.

"Thanks Mom and Dad," Jess began, "we'll be heading out anyway."

"Movie time?" Tris asked. Jess smiled flirtatiously at him.

"Of course."

Together they made our way back to her cabin. It sucked for Finn to watch his brother and Jess together with Logan absent. However, that he would get to see her again soon was his consolation. In her room, he took her bed while his companions took the other. He fought the urge to pull her pillow close so he could inhale her scent. Finn shook his head, thinking how silly he felt. A sigh escaped him as he laid back to wait.

***

Finding my father wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Getting him away from the other chiefs was more challenging. When he did finally break away, it was with Rick.

"Hello Sweetheart," my father said with a smile. I didn't smile back, still fuming a little about his earlier prejudice.

"Hello," I replied to them stoically.

Rick cleared his throat. "Logan, your dad and I discussed your request after lunch and I think we've come up with a pretty good compromise."

My heart started beating hopefully. "Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes," my dad answered happily.

"We'd still like you to work the other jobs where you're needed," Rick said, "but when the time comes for the team to go on scouting missions, we'll allow you a guard position on the ship, to watch for anyone, or anything, coming or going. You can even train with us if you'd like."

I ran the words through my head, trying to understand. Okay, so it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it was a step in the right direction. I squealed in excitement and threw myself at my dad to hug him, and then Rick. Strange that the hug with Rick seemed... different, but maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I really had to stop that.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" It came out in a rush I was so happy. I bounced around a bit like a little girl who just found out she was getting a pony.

"I'm glad you're not mad anymore Honey. I have to get back to the other chiefs. Be careful. Are you coming Rick?" my father asked.

"I'm going to brief Logan on her new schedule and then I'll be back Boss."

An awkward silence ensued once the two of us were left. Rick was the one to break the ice.

"I'm glad you're not mad anymore Doll."

His crooked grin was very endearing. "You know me Ricky, I have an awful temper, but it never lasts long." His chuckle echoed in the hallway.

"Yes, I definitely do know. Do you remember how mad you were when Katie G. down the street from you pushed you in the dirt in front of your friend Jimmy? I swear your whole face turned red and then the next thing I knew you were making that poor girl eat a mudpie!"

"Hey!" I objected. "She was NOT a poor little girl. SHE was the one who pushed ME. It wasn't my fault Jimmy liked me instead of her. She deserved to eat all of the mud I fed her!!"

Rick was laughing so hard he had to pause every few words. "Your poor dad... Katie's mom... came looking... for you. And she blamed your dad for letting you force feed her daughter mud. You're dad had seen the whole thing and he was about to scold you when that fat woman came marching up to the two of you. She called you a dirty little delinquent and your father turned beet red. He started yelling for that 'fat cow to teach her daughter some manners' because her daughter started it. By the time they were done having it out I thought your dad was going to feed HER a mudpie."

We laughed together at the thought. Oh those were the days, when everything made sense. Except for boys that is. "So what is this new schedule we're going over?"

"Mind if I walk you to your room while we go over it? Or were you heading somewhere else?"

"That's fine, we can walk and talk."

"Good." His smile made me feel warm and feminine. I blushed and looked ahead. "Anyway, the fitness class for the ship is at 7:30am and will last an hour. If you want to be a part of the team, you have to attend that class at least four times a week. In addition, there will be a training class Monday through Friday at 10:30 in the morning. There will also be a weekly meeting on Sundays at 3:30 in the afternoon."

"Sounds good! It's been a while since I practiced martial arts anyway. I won't let you down Rick."

I was so happy to be included that I would happily do everything that he asked. He stopped in the middle of the stairwell (the elevators were now for emergencies and the disabled only to conserve power). He looked down at me with those deep eyes and pulled me into another hug.

"I know you won't let me down Doll." He laid his cheek briefly against my hair before stepping back. I didn't know how to respond, so I continued on my way while going over what just happened. What was that about? Was Rick having... feelings for me? Did I want him to? Sure it was an ego boost, but after considering it, I still wanted to see where Finn and I were going.

"Thank you for convincing my father. I know he's where I get my stubborn streak and temper from."

"You're right about that. But he does want you to be happy, and he knows that you're growing up. He doesn't like it though."

indianfire
indianfire
175 Followers
12