Zombies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok, I'm going to the next door." Announced Claire to the group. Since the door was a few inches away from the doorknob only one person could open the door. Claire clenched her teeth. Placed her left hand on the doorknob and trained her 9mm on the door. She flung the door open and pointed her weapon into the dark. There were two walls at either side of the door that ran into darkness. She thought. Another hallway probably? On the floor were two sparkling diamonds, separated by three inches in between them, which were hidden just behind the shadows reach. Claire looked into the diamonds that weren't really diamonds.

The starving Anaconda leapt out of the dark and bit down on Claire's Boot. Claire grasped and pointed the gun at the Snake's head. Claire had almost fired the gun before realizing she would be shooting her own foot. Claire dropped the 9mm on the floor and tumbled onto her back, dragging her self backwards out onto the floor for her friends to help her. Claire could not help but scream fanatically, anyone on that floor would be aware of their presence if they had not known it already.

Barry and Chris had been standing off to the side of the door and didn't know what was going on even after Claire had fallen. The wooden door blinded their view of the snake. All they could understand was that Claire had dropped her gun and had fallen on the floor screaming crazily. Wesker had seen Claire point her Gun at the floor and thought for a second she was going to shoot a rodent that had popped out at her. The snake started to pull Claire into the dark.

She had been dragged until her hips were to the frame of the door and she was fiercely being pulled further into the blackened corridor. The monster's jaws were clenching onto Claire's right boot with tremendous force as well as beginning to wrap its body around her dainty shin. Claire was trying to claw and push her way backwards into the warm light. Her muscles were no comparison to the monster's; she continued her decent into the abyss and it was driving her mad. Claire's foot was in the dark and the monster's eyes returned to evil diamonds sparkling in a blackened hallway.

By that time Chris and Barry had moved themselves into view of the whole spectrum of events and they could not believe it. Wesker ran and broke through their blockage and kneeled down to where Claire was. Wesker grabbed Claire under the arms and pulled her with all of his strength. She cried at the strain her ankle was feeling and wished her own death.

Chris freed himself from his amazement and actually ran over to where the fight was pursuing and jumped into the hallway. He pointed his M-16 into the dark and fired. The blasts of the innumerable rounds exploding lightened the hallway at millisecond intervals.

Chris' brain could see the length of the snake. It was longer than he could have expected. The lower trail of its body was coiled up at the end of the ten-foot long hallway. All together the snake was more or less thirty feet of killing machine.

The snake released Claire and recoiled into the corridor.

"Chris! Get out of there!" Barry shouted. Now running over toward the door, raising his gun into the dark. "Come on! Get out!"

Chris was shaking with dread and hate. Barry grabbed Chris' arm and pulled him out of the corridor and slammed the door shut. Wesker was holding Claire in a sitting position and Claire was cradling her pained ankle. Wesker leaned her up against the closest wall, across their entry door.

Wesker looked to Chris with a face of remorse and asked. "Did you kill it?" Before Wesker could answer Barry who had been closest to the entry door extended his arm into the air and made a fist, the motion to be silent. Barry then pointed to his ear and then to the entry door. Chris quietly but quickly walked and kneeled down in front of Wesker and Claire and raising his weapon at the entryway.

The sound was distinctly the noise of an approaching person. The body that walked into view was a demon. It had no clothes on; its skin charred from head to foot. Its left eye burnt and black, oozing with goop. The right looked singed and barely operable. It had no nose or ears. It stuck its demon head inside the room and gawked at them all.

Wesker unharnessed his assault riffle while standing upright and stepping past Chris. He pointed the riffle at the demon and squeezed the trigger as hard as he could. Under the drone of gunfire Wesker screamed in dual fear and hatred for the demon that came to take their lives.

The demon's chest was exploding bit by bit but it made its last effort towards the men it intended to destroy by taking one last huge step toward Wesker and collapsing on the floor. Wesker sprayed it's the back of its head open with bullets; then after throwing his rifle on the floor he stomped the remainder of its skull open, splattering the gore all over his pants.

No one spoke, they were all breathing deeply to themselves. Wesker backed into the wall and slide down to a sitting position. Barry looked at the terminated beast on the floor and then tried to focus his attention to any noises that could warn him of any more surprises. "Quiet…quiet!" They all stopped breathing, looking at Barry in silent horror. Claire thought she would go crazy if they had to keep fighting. If she had to hear an M-16 go off one more time she would cry. Chris was worried that his injured sister would cost them their lives if they had to escape. Though, if more monsters were approaching the only alternative was going into the hall where the snake was. If he could remember, he didn't see a door when his rifle had lit up the blackened corridor. That means there was no escape in their present position. Wesker could only keep thinking he was in a real-life nightmare.

A minute and a half passed by with total quietness but no monsters came for their blood. There was only the peacefulness of an empty house. Barry silently made his way to the doorway and bobbed his head right and then left in the hallway before closing the door. He placed his heavy foot between the door and its frame as a temporary lock.

Confused and scared for his life Barry asked. "What do we do?" He focused his attention on Wesker who had resumed his inner chant of nightmare. Barry allowed Wesker to gather himself and began a shallow inspection of the dead body bleeding on the bare wood floor. He slowly walked the few steps to it in wary fashion as if it could still come after him. As he saw; the body was burnt very badly, pieces of leather were still strapped to his feet, the man's shoes. Apparently it's pants and shirt had been completely burned off his body. Barry didn't know what he could make of the beast or what once was.

"I don't think I can walk alone." Claire was holding her ankle.

Chris walked over to his sister and helped her to her feet. Wesker seemed to be distracted by Claire's trouble.

"Let's get out of here!" Wesker picked up his assault rifle and got on his feet. "It's obvious that we can't take of this job alone; we've got to call backup." Although no one outspokenly agreed the decision was unanimous. "I'll take point, Barry rear, and you two stay in the middle." Wesker looked to Chris and said. "Just speak up if we're going too fast." Wesker took a heavy breath and positioned himself next to the door. He opened it and then made a quick look outside. "Wait here a second you two; Barry, come with me real quick."

Chris looked really worried. "Where are you going Wesker?"

"Me and Barry are just going to see which door that thing came from."

Chris felt uneasy staying behind. He was worried that he'd never see his teammates again even though they would walk no further than thirty feet. "Let's just get closer to the door." He shuffled Claire towards the door so that he could at least watch his comrades coming back. His sister never looked so young, being helped along like an invalid in his arms.

"Ok." Said Claire, wincing and trying to move along as fast as possible. Her impediment freighted her deeply. She didn't want to think of how many more of those monsters there were lurking around.

Wesker had rounded the corner of the corridor they had gone into and weren't surprised to see an opened door. Wesker and Barry only ventured a few steps into the new hall. A door was to their left and the hall ran left. A staircase dissented directly in front of them. Barry placed his left hand on Wesker's right shoulder and then he lifted his index finger to his mouth, gesturing for Wesker to stay quiet. After a few seconds passed Wesker realized why he had told him to be quiet. There was a noise coming from somewhere downstairs. Wesker motioned for Barry to leave the room with him. They left the room leaving the shuffling behind and closed the door after them. They then slowly jogged back toward the room with Chris and Claire but they could see that Chris and Claire were already outside the hallway waiting for them.

"Come on Chris let's get the hell out of here." Said Wesker jogging past them and stopping just short of the door and listening in on the next room before opening it and taking a look around. Chris and Claire followed after Wesker with Barry right at their heals.

Barry got an idea. "Chris, let me. I'll carry her faster." Chris didn't want anyone being in charge for Claire except him but he knew Barry would be faster.

"Be careful her ankle hurts bad!"

"I'll be careful with her." Barry switched places with Chris. "How much do you weigh Claire?"

Claire looked at Barry in anger for asking such a question and then realized he wanted to carry her. Before she could tell him a hundred and forty five pounds Barry scooped her up and carried her off. Now that he carried her she could hold use her rifle, though, he couldn't.

1...345678