• Authors
  • sjharlowe

sjharlowe

I was born in what was essentially a ghost town in Pennsylvania, which I think is what inspired me most as a writer of primarily horror fiction. Nothing quite like a hometown that scares the crap out of you sometimes.

Later, I moved to College Park, Maryland with wife and daughter, then moved to Friendship Heights just outside of DC when my marriage dissolved. I spend my time there now in a spooky old row house--well, spooky to me anyway--trying my best to start writing again.

You never know what fresh horror lies within the writer's mind.

I had a creative writing professor in college who told me that, only I don't think she meant it in a good way.

***

2/20/11

Thanks so much to everyone for the support of The Abyssal, it feels great to entertain some folks on my return to writing, which, aside from my daughter, may be the only worthwhile thing I've done with my life until now. I'm really thrilled so many of you like the story.

Part 2, the conclusion, is in the works, assuming I don't lose my precious steno pads. All I can tell you about the rest of the story is... it's going to be hard. Something I've always hated about the way I have to write is that not all the characters that I love get to live to see tomorrow. And hopefully you can tell from the story that I love all of these characters. It's the story, though, that decides their fate, not the secretary.

Anybody interested in updates and random thoughts on writing and life (and sobriety for those of you who understand life without it) can follow me on Twitter, @SJHarlowe. Also, check out sjharlowe.blogspot.com for more goodies and some excerpts from the upcoming conclusion of The Abyssal. Be patient, though, because I'm fairly old fashioned and I still remember when social networking was having a pen pal.

Anybody remember pens? That was back before they took the ink out and called it a 'stylus'.

Location

F-Ship Hgts, MD

Author Stats

15 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
24Followers
1Following
1My Favorites
3My Comments

Contact Author

Contact sjharlowe by clicking here.