Literotica.com
index : members : ShyChiWriter : Biography

Add to favorites

ShyChiWriter
( Click on username to send feedback to member. )
 BiographySubmissionsFavoritesContact 
ShyChiWriter's Biography:
Gender: Male
Age: August 20
Weight: Average
Height: Tall
Location: Chicago
Orientation: Straight
Interested In: Nothing
Status: No Answer
Smoke: No
Drink: Yes
Fetishes: None
Pets: None
User Number: 1127821
Member Since: August 25, 2009
Last Modified: March 26, 2023
ShyChiWriter
Some words from ShyChiWriter:

PET PEEVE

So, here's a big pet peeve of mine.

I try to vary up my writing and not always tell a story from the exact same perspective or use the same formula.

What bugs me is when someone finds one of my stories and LOVES it and then reads a different story and decides it isn't as good because it isn't the same story they liked and leave comments like, "this wasn't very good" or "this wasn't as good as xxx"

So. Annoying.

After a long hiatus, I am working on a couple of stories. One is a sci-fi novel that I think is shaping up into a very nice story and world.

****

Past Notes

****

Thanks for all of the great comments on the Afflicted and my other tales.

To answer a couple of questions here: Some people have asked why I took my stories down.

The simplest answer is: They are my stories. I don't get paid to post them on Literotica, so whether I keep them up or take them down is my prerogative.

A more in-depth answer in terms of The Afflicted, is this: For almost two years, the ratings systems for Literotica were beyond broken. What this meant were that the toplists were frozen. The 'winner' in all of this in the taboo/incest category was 'Threads: the Island'. I have read that story, and I have to say that I really admire it. However, the reality of how people read stuff on Literotica is that they look at the new stories, and then they go to the top rated lists. Because the lists were 'frozen', that meant that anything that was on the first page of the rankings got to stay there for years, truly. I knew that I had a very good story in 'The Afflicted'. Whether that rated as a #1 story or not, who knows, but it didn't have a chance to make the first page because of the broken back-end components of Literotica. When I say that Threads was the winner, take a look at the number of votes it has received, over 23,000 votes. The closest to that in the toplists is under 8,000.

So, I took 'The Afflicted' down and went on to other things. After a bit of a break, and seeing that they fixed the ratings, I've decided to re-post it. It has bounced up and down on the top page and hits the top ranking now and again. This is inevitable. Unfortunately, some people get too enthusiastic and vote multiple times with a 5-rating for a story they like (like, The Afflicted), that pushes it up in the rankings...falsely. Then, once a story hits the top rating, people who DON'T like the story start giving it 1-ratings.

Also, Literotica has regular 'sweeps' where they clean out votes based on people who vote multiple times. They use other criteria as well. Point being, it is a good system. As of today March, 2019, "Threads, The Island" was firmly atop the ratings again. It's such a good story... a very good plot for something up on Literotica. Unfortunately, The Afflicted hit #1 again in February 2019, making it a big ol' target, so it has slid down once more. Still, readership and favorite votes continue for the tale and I'm glad that people still enjoy it.

In terms of 'flames', I'm telling you right now that I'll delete them. I am all for constructive criticism, but an anon saying 'this sucks, or 'I couldn't get through it' doesn't do much for me. Constructive criticism means offering what you found promising, and where you had questions or problems.

If your thoughts are purely negative, I don't give that kind of comment much thought, I simply delete and move on.

 BiographySubmissionsFavoritesContact 
If you find any problems with this profile, please report it to the webmaster.
Home |  Story Index |  Webcams |  Adult Toys & Videos |  Bulletin Board