• Authors
  • juliek1980

juliek1980

I am alive and well. So much has happened in my life since April of this year that I do not know where to begin. In March, my father was injured in a motorcycle accident and almost died. I was devastated and helpless to do anything. I was so distraught that I could not eat or get out of bed. A friend convinced me to seek medical help and I was hospitalized for depression. After I got out, I began attending church with her. I was never a fan of organized religion, but this was different. The people were so genuine and loving. After they explained the gospel to me, I made a decision to follow Jesus, the messiah. My life has totally changed since that day. I am so full of joy and compassion now that I smile all of the time; and it is not because of medication.
I am off anti-depression meds now and have been back to work for some time. It has not all been rosy. My boyfriend broke up with me. That hurt a lot because we had been together for over 2 years. I am not worried though. I have a very full life right now. I went on a mission trip to help the people in Haiti. They have such great need there but I was so busy attending to their medical needs to get depressed. I plan to go back after the first of the year.

Location

Kansas

Member Stats

14 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
33Followers
1Following
3My Comments

More About Me

Pets

Cat(s)