• Authors
  • poeticlicense91

poeticlicense91

My Dear Readers,

I think at this point, fans of Chords that Bind have come to expect long hiatuses broken up by long installments around the holidays. You are all so patient and also so good at suspending your disbelief. For that reason, I thought it only right and fair for me to disclose that Chords that Bind will be on a hiatus that has less to do with my work schedule, and more to do with the personal turmoil and upheaval I’ve experienced over the past month.

I’m sure I’m not the only writer here to use this platform as a cathartic outlet. Chords that Bind started out as a way to sort out my relationship with my parents and to exercise my little-used creative muscles. James and Cecilia are—or were—real. They were me and the person whom I believed to be my rescuer. Suffice it to say that I was misled, or insufficiently rescued.

The sudden and abrupt end to that relationship has hindered my ability to give my characters the chapters and resolutions they deserve. More importantly, the loss of the relationship means that the ending you readers deserve is not one that is currently within my capacity to write.

You see, I am still a romantic at heart. I believe in happy endings. Life has its way with us, so why should we spend our leisure reading or writing something that doesn’t whisk us away? That’s why I write and read.

If only I’d left James and Cecilia and Abe and Clara in a good spot, I would declare the series over, even though it wasn’t the ending I envisioned. For good or ill, I’ve left our characters—Clara in particular—in a state. And I refuse to leave her there. But that means our story must continue and that, one day, I’ll have to write a fitting ending, an ending that is more fictitious than I intended. Until I’m able to complete such a feat, I’m afraid I’ve left you and our heroes in a bit of purgatory.

All I can say is that we know that purgatory isn’t forever.

At the moment, I’m mulling over the idea of adapting a few existing stories and expressions into something erotic, kinky, and possibly modern.

Hopefully, the necessary hiatus from one story won’t require an embargo on all writing.

Thank you for your time and patience. Your support over the past few years for my writing has meant more than I can articulate.

Until next time,

PoeticLicense 91

Gender

Female

Author Stats

9 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
414Followers
23Following
5My Favorites
82My Comments
2Series Published

Contact Author

Contact poeticlicense91 by clicking here.