Take the Porn Detox Challenge

Story Info
30 day abstinence for improved sexual health.
1.1k words
4.53
41.3k
50
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PanzerFeck
PanzerFeck
1,545 Followers

1

Last year I did my first ever "Porn Detox Challenge" after a lengthy conversation with my friend about the health risks of masturbating too much, and especially with the use of visual and literary aids!

Sexual health is a pretty big deal on its own and in regard to overall health and happiness but not everybody wants to take their issues to the doctor, though they should.

But when it comes to matters of libido you can easily be misinterpreted and misdiagnosed. For instance I have a history of low hormones and depression & anxiety, so erectile dysfunction can easily be dismissed.

If you're reading this in all seriousness you probably don't need me to tell you that your will to live can so easily shrivel up with the rest of you, right?

I've had these conversations before, and often with one of my closest friends...

2

I knew that "J" had some funny habits, because like me he's quite self-deprecating in his humour and admitted not only to watching hours of porn per week, but also spending a lot of money calling certain hotlines. Because his sex life was drying up thanks to extending work hours and the resulting exhaustion, J relied more on porn to get off and to relieve stress.

Lightweight!

At the time I was watching a good two hours' worth of porn per night, and sometimes again in the morning, just warming up for a quality rub, unaware that I was suffering with erectile dysfunction as a result of something he called "Death Grip Syndrome".

I was literally breaking my dick just trying to get it up. I honestly thought it was because I smoked. It didn't help that my libido was low due to depression. I didn't ever think that I was addicted to watching porn, or to masturbating, to the point that it was becoming bad for my health. But saying that, I was finding it nearly impossible to become aroused by anything anymore!

J mentioned the Porn Detox Challenge to me, which he had read about on his work break that day, and literally challenged me on the spot to do it. What the hell, I thought. Here are the steps to take right now. And the rest of the article you can read after if you still want to.

3

30 DAY PORN DETOX CHALLENGE

Over the duration of a month, longer if you can manage, you must:

1.) NOT view porn

2.) NOT view sexual images

3.) NOT view nudity

4.) NOT read erotic literature

5.) NOT engage in sexting

6.) NOT masturbate

7.) NOT have sex

Admittedly even if you're not addicted to porn or other forms of sexually explicit material, it's a tough challenge. Sometimes I only masturbated once a day or once every few days to a week at that point, but when I started the challenge it made me realise just how much I relied on the Internet to get me off when I felt I needed it; because I was feeling improvements in my libido within two weeks.

Over the duration you're likely to take on more stress. It's important to vent this with more social activity and/or healthy physical activity. Try to lower your caffeine as well, and if you fall off the wagon, you must start all over and remain abstinent for the full duration.

I did a lot of reading in that time too. If I found myself alone with the urge and the effects of being starved of gratification, I just revelled in the feeling.

Of course, when I was much younger I had to try to hide my boners when the wind blew. Now I was feeling like "this is what it feels like to be normal again" and laughing at myself.

4

I guarantee that when your detox is over, you will experience your teenage years all over again. If you're a guy, I can definitely guarantee the most insane erections you will have had in years. Don't want that novelty to wear off? Then you know what's causing it!

I wish you all the best of luck, should you choose to accept this mission. This tape will now self destruct. LOL!!!

Okay, so no need for statistics. Men and women both suffer the same problem with their libido and the problem is greatly psychological. We get so dependent on competitively provocative media designed to turn us on that it's hypersexual. It causes our senses to overload to the point where reality is just too much. Why bother with the real thing when porn does it all for us?

In relation to Death Grip Syndrome, we get to a point where we're literally wearing ourselves down, reducing sensitivity and doing to our genitals what they were not truly designed for. Sex is soft and smooth and hot and wet. Masturbating can so easily be way too callous, hard and fast. And let's face it; hands do not replace the real thing.

That in turn ruins sex because the soft, smooth, hot, wet approach no longer has the intensity needed to get us worked up enough to reach orgasm. It's nothing short of tragic!

The constant influx of sexual images while self-pleasuring might not necessarily be directly degrading to the men and women in your life either, but what it does is defeat the object of your libido's mission, to have sex. And when you're addicted to and dependent on sexually explicit material, you'll find yourself growing colder towards your partner or your preferred sex in general.

Yes, masturbating is healthy in moderation, but if we become overly sexualised then we become jaded and the edge wears off. It takes too long to come. Sometimes we can't even get started, women too, and the mind and the libido after a while fail to be turned on.

5

When you see the difference the detox makes, either you'll be raring to go for the best sex you've had in years or you'll be halfway through a bottle of lube in no time and trying not to blow your load into your hand too soon.

For me, sensitivity was through the roof. The first day I came off the ban, I was teasing my close lady friend about it all morning before we met that afternoon for a most vigorous nap. I had to go to the bathroom to splash some cold water on myself before she arrived. It was as though I'd taken a few too many Viagra. My erection was literally foaming from the strain.

And last but not least, make a note of your resulting mood, the way you treat the opposite sex/preference of sex, and the quality of the sex you'll be having from then on.

Porn is fun, anything sexually appealing is fun, masturbating is fun too, but it can be so easy to overdo it and not to see what the Internet does to us when we let our guard down!

PanzerFeck
PanzerFeck
1,545 Followers