Cyber-Space Doc Savage!

Poem Info
139 words
3
5.1k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Doc Savage" is the name I use,
The image that I see.
When I see a cyber-mirror,
Reflecting right back at me!

I see myself there tall and bronze,
With hair a golden hue.
My eyes shine with a golden light,
I battle all evil too!

I've got me four true companions,
They stand right by my side.
There's my friend Monk and my friend Ham,
Johnny and Renny are tried!

We battle every evil that,
We come in contact with.
Whether they are just simple crooks,
Or "Monsters" who are just myths!

We don't much care how big they are,
They all must take a fall.
Because "Evil" will never win,
My friends and I beat them all!

In cyber-space I'm a hero,
That's what they all tell me.
Me and my companions will fight,
That "Evil" eternally!!

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

Leave it to the Uncle to take on the "Doc" ~ I remember reading the "Doc's" tales decades ago in college.

WickedEveWickedEveover 19 years ago
potential

Interesting story here. This has potential but it needs work.

perksperksover 19 years ago
posted on new poems 7-2-04

hello again uncle pervey.

Since you insist on rhyming, I'm going to ignore the fact that I hate that particular structure and dissect this poem for you anyway. Lucky, lucky you. *rolls eyes at myself*

Okay, you have great titles. Cyber-Space Doc Savage just comes out and bites you on the eyeballs and makes you interested. There is no need for the exclamation point, it's superfluous. You write in couplet form, and yet you don't use that as your structure, which of course is acceptable, but I think it breaks down your personal visibility of the meter you employ.

In the first verse...

"Doc Savage" is the name I use,

The image that I see.

When I see a cyber-mirror,

Reflecting right back at me!

If you put them side by side in the couplet form they read

"Doc Savage" is the name I use, the image that I see.

When I see a cyber-mirror, reflecting right back at me!

When we do this, we realize that your punctuation is off, because you write in sentences. There should be a semicolon between "use" and "the" in the first line, instead of a comma, a comma after I see, and I don't understand what is so interjectory about the two lines that requires an exclamation point at the end of it. Now, look at the meter. You start of strong with the first line, but if you read it within the given meter. You see accents on the syllables, and when we get to the second line, it's glaringly obvious that the word "right" is also superfluous, in content and within your meter. So, to fix it up...

"Doc Savage" is the name I use; the image that I see,

When I see a cyber-mirror, reflecting back at me.

take out "a" and "all" from the next verse.

The third verse is so forced. The word "true" destroys your meter, but by the time we get to the second line in your "couplet" It doesn't matter anyway, because you've changed the meter completely, just to make the rhyme work. I'm betting you struggled with this part.

In the the next "they're" is better than "they are", and remove just from the last line of the verse.

I can't even figure out how to rearrange the next verse. I can just say that there is meter in both lines of the "couplet" However, they don't match each other.

The final verse has a line that is redundant to the previous verse, and again the meter is off.

I've caved to the fact that you will forever write rhyme, I'd love to see you pair it with some meter and streamline your punctuation.

Share this Poem