It's Just a Business Transaction Ch. 03

Story Info
Aida gets into trouble & becomes Mrs. Jefferson.
5.6k words
4.49
21k
2

Part 3 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers

It WAS a mistake accepting that dance from Alex Jefferson she realized. She thought it was only a dance but was she wrong! Ever since that night Sonja has treated her even worse than before. She would find means and ways to degrade and lashed out at Aida for the tiniest mistakes. To make matter worse the next couple of days she kept receiving roses from Alex. There were no messages just his initial, A.J on the cards. That made Sonja even more livid.

Aida suffered silently from Sonja's unreasonable behaviour. She was angry with Sonja yet she dare not retaliate. After all she was the hot property of La Broadway and she was sure even the director and producer would not want to antagonize her. She was angry with Alex Jefferson and his silly flowers and she has no way in contacting him to tell him to stop sending her flowers and mostly angry with herself for accepting that stupid dance. And SHE was angry with Greg because after that night and what with the flowers, Greg had seemed somewhat act cooler towards her. Sometimes she thought Greg might have like her a lot more than just a friend. But Greg has never really made any moves towards her or even expressed it. If Greg were really to like her then he was sure clever enough to hide it well from her. She does like Greg. He was funny, helpful, loving to his sister and decent looking. Come to think about it, the odd thing she noticed was he never actually had a girlfriend apart from her. He treated all the female crews and casts nicely but you wouldn't catch him flirting with one. He always seem to put the females at arm length should they even show a hint of liking him. Aida had even tried non-too successfully to get some answers out of Wendy. But Wendy would evade the issue about her brother's personal life and change the subject.

The following weeks there were no more flowers from Alex Jefferson and she heaved a sigh of relief and it seems that Sonja had cool down. A month later, this morning, like all other mornings, she and Greg has drove down to the theatre for their usual rehearsal. But something was not right. There were police cars in front and back of the theatre. Greg parked his car and no sooner both of them were out of the car, two police officers approached them.

"What is your purpose here?" asked one of the officers.

"We worked here. We are both actors," answered Greg.

"May we see some identification please?"

Greg handed over his driving-license while Aida fished out her EAD for the officers. After checking their credentials, the police officers nod to each to other. Greg was handed back his driving license but has kept hold of Aida's EAD.

"Would you follow us please maam?" one of the police officer said.

Aida was confused and looked to Greg for support.

"What's going on, officer?" Greg asked.

Without answering Greg, the police officer grabbed hold of Aida's forearm and non-too gently pulled her back stage. There the director, crews and casts had assembled. She was being led to her dressing room, which she shared with some other girls.

"Detective, this is she. Aida Gonzalez," the officer that was holding her announced to a large man with his back towards her seemingly holding some stuffs in his hand. He turned around and she saw a slightly balding man with sleepy eyes looking down at her small frame. In his hand he was holding a big packet of white substance that looked very much like flour. Cold spread throughout her body and she shivered slightly. She don't like any of this one bit. Her instinct told her something is very wrong here and it involved her.

"Miss Gonzalez, I am Detective Hudson. Is this your locker?" the large man asked her

Aida could only nod.

"We found this in your locker. You know what this is?"

Aida shook her head too afraid too speak. Meanwhile the officer who was holding her handed her EAD to Detective Hudson. He looked at it and handed it back to the officer.

"Have you made a run on her yet?"

"Yeah Burns made a run. No previous criminal records."

Upon hearing the word criminal record, Aida found her voice. She asked anxiously "Can someone tell me what's going on here please?"

"Well, Miss Gonzalez. This...," Detective Hudson points to the packet he was holding with gloved hands, "is first grade cocaine. It's one kg and it's worth about two million US dollars on the street. Now you wouldn't mind telling me how you came into possessions of it?"

The world seems to swim around her. For a moment she thought she was going to faint. Cold sweats poured out from her skin. She could only shake her head. "I...I... don't know..." she choked on her words.

"It was in your locker..."

Greg rushed forward to try and defend her. "Hey, just because you found it in her lockers doesn't confirm it's hers. Someone could have planted it there to sabotage her or someone could have misplaced it there?!"

Sonja sickening sweet voice came through before the Detective could say anything. "Now why would someone want to sabotage her? Not that she is well known. Besides she IS from Mexico and we all know how well off she is? She would probably think the fastest way to make money is by selling some drugs. I mean look, how much can a small time actress like her earn?" Sonja was positively trying to kill Aida so to speak.

Before Greg could rebuke, Detective Hudson put up his hand. "Ok, that's enough and who are you?" he asked Greg.

"Johnson, Greg Johnson. I am her friend."

"Now don't make a scene, no pun intended. We have to bring Miss Gonzalez down to the office for questioning and I am afraid to say you might have to be in the lock-up as this is no small amount. It's one whole kg," he stressed emphasizing the amount. "I'm afraid in this case Miss Gonzalez is guilty until proven innocent."

He next turned to the director, "You will understand that everyone here will be asked to give statements and their utmost cooperation. So I don't want anyone going or leaving until all statements are recorded down." The director could only nod numbly at him.

Sonja on the other hand wasn't going to let this go that easily. "Huey, this is all your fault for hiring on third world citizens! Don't get me involved. I've got my reputations to take care of!" With a huff and a fluff, she walked out of the dressing room.

"Peachy isn't she?" Detective Hudson grimaced. Huey the director could only shrug in resignation. "Ok, let's go Miss Gonzalez." The police officers bundled her off.

Aida was numb. No, this is just a play. Which part was that? And what act? Her befuddled mind screamed. Oh my god! I forgot my line! What's my line?

At the downtown police headquarters, she was being questioned and questioned over and over again on how she came into the cocaine. Aida denied vehemently any knowledge of it, which was true. Since the sheer size of the cocaine, she was held in lock-up. She needed to set up a bail. Greg came later with Wendy to see her.

"How are you? You need anything?" Greg asked.

"Just get me out of here Greg. I am scared. So very scared," fear in her eyes.

"Ok, we are trying. Good thing is you are allowed bail. Bad thing is..." Greg hesitated.

"It's the money, Aida," Wendy continued for her brother.

Aida looked at the pair of brother and sister and blurted, "How...how much for the bail?" She was afraid to ask.

Greg didn't look at her when he said softly two hundred and fifty grand.

"WHAT! TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSANDS???!!!" She almost screamed. "Where am I to get that kind of money? She looked frantically at Greg and Wendy.

"I've thought about it. Maybe we could approach the company for a loan..." Greg suggested.

"That's it! I can ask Huey for a loan, can I? He will agree, no?!" Panic rising in her voice. Her face was pale. Her usually lustrous beautiful raven hair hung limp. She looked a total wreck now. How was it that in just a few hours could turn her life upside-down?

The next day, news of her, a small time stage actress, got arrested for suspicion in drug trafficking splashed across most major newspaper. She was instantly 'famous'. She had only three days to raise the bail. Her company has turned her down flat. There was no way she could raise that kind of money in such a short time. Greg and Wendy have been to see her again. Greg told her he even tried to get a loan from Rupert but turn up nothing. On the last day something unexpected came up. The warden announced she had a visitor. It wasn't Greg or Wendy. It was a bespectacled guy in an expensive classic suit that turned out to be a lawyer.

"Miss Gonzalez, My name is Dilbert Longman. This is my card. I am here to represent you and to settle your half a million-dollar bail. If you could follow me please." He stood aside to let her passed but she was rooted to the jail cell floor.

Aida wasn't sure if she heard him correctly. She took the card from the guy and looked at it. It was one of the top law firms in the whole of Philly.

"Miss Gonzalez?"

Aida was speechless. Who would have paid two hundred and fifty thousand for her bail? No wait, did he said half a million dollar instead??? And how was it no one inform her about the increased in the amount and WHY the sudden increase???

"Miss Gonzalez, do you still want to stay in the cell?" he asked of her.

"N...no..." uttered a bewildered Aida.

"Then come along now. Mr. Jefferson is waiting."

Something didn't make sense. Did he just mention Jefferson? "Jefferson? You mean Alex Jefferson?" she enquired sounding stupid.

"Yes, the one and only Mr. Alexander William Jefferson. Now shall we get going?" the lawyer clipped.

"Wh...where are we going?" Aida asked again sounding more stupid by the minute.

"To his office of course, the procedure of your bail was completed" he explained patiently.

Aida walked out of the cell, out of the police station and into the sunshine. She took a deep breath suddenly feeling alive again even if it seems unreal to her. There, outside the police station was a long black sleek Lincoln Limousine. A chauffer held open the door when he saw them coming out. Aida hesitated wondering what should she do, to board or not to board.

"Please, Miss Gonzalez," Dilbert Longman made a gesture with his hand indicating for her to climb aboard the car. She didn't know what else to do or think, guess the best thing was to follow instructions. So she climbed into the limousine twisting her hands in anxiety wondering what to expect next. Some time later they pulled up at the vast entrance of a tall magnificent building, Jefferson Plaza. The chauffer came around to open her door. There was no need to say anything. It looks like Mr. Dilbert Longman expected her to follow into the building as he was already striding towards the foyer and follow she did. The security officers tilted their hats at his direction. They walked towards the lift lobby and Dilbert Longman inserted a card into a slot on the wall and one of the lift doors opened. This has to be a private lift, she thought. She was not wrong. There were only five buttons on the lift panel and one of it read, Penthouse. It seems they were riding forever inside the lift. Finally after what feels like eternity, there was that ding sound to indicate they have reached their destination. The lift doors opened up to a very spacious lobby with blue plush carpet that sinks down an inch when you step on it. The lobby was tastefully designed with what look like a Renoir hanging on one of the wall and antiques on the other side. Further up a smartly dress yet slightly elderly lady with a neat bun came forth to greet them.

"Mr. Jefferson is expecting you, Miss Gonzalez. This way please," she said with a smile.

She was led to a massive handsome oak door behind her desk and opened it for her. Hesitantly she entered the door and watched it close behind her with a soft click. She felt as though she has entered the devil's den.

"Ah...There you are. Care to have something to drink perhaps?" Came a strong rich voice. Aida looked up and saw Alex Jefferson standing behind his huge desk. She shook her head but he strolled anyway to the large bar counter and poured out two drinks. He came forward to hand her one. She took it with shaking hands. Her fingers momentarily touched his long lean ones and instantly she recoiled as though being scorched.

Alex made a sign of a toast and sipped his whiskey while she hardly touches hers. Alex made a move and took her elbow guiding her to some white sofa. "Sit down," he said gently but firmly. She felt uncomfortable with his gesture and sat a little farther away from him not really knowing what else to do and all this while she had not even utter a single word. What to say? No words came out from her mouth.

"You know, for an actress you make a clam look more talkative," he said to her amusingly. Now he is making fun of me! She thought miserably.

"I...I don't know what to say," she stammered. He was right. She makes a clam look more talkative!

"How about starting with how thankful you are about the bail?" She looked at him startled. She forgot about the bail and suddenly she felt very ungrateful. He was right again; she had forgotten to thank him.

"Oh! I am so sorry Mr. Jefferson. Please forgive my rude behaviour. I never th... I was... I mean..." She was trying to explain about her behaviour and she thought he looked so serious but then suddenly he burst out laughing. His laughter sends that familiar shiver down her spine again.

"I was only joking. You looked so uptight. I thought of loosening you up a bit," he said amusement in his voice.

She stared at his face looking for any hidden message but there was none. There was laughter in his opaline green eyes that matched the smile on his lips. "I don't know how I could ever thanked you. It was so surprising."

The past few days' ordeal suddenly rushed to the surface, which she had been trying to suppress and she felt so overwhelmed by the whole incident that she started crying.

She started babbling about what had happen to her even though he did not ask her. He did not stop her but just let her poured it all out. He handed her some Kleenex to blow her nose. She took huge gasp of breath to calm herself. Her nose was red and her eyes puffy with all the crying. She looked...sexy. He thought amusingly.

After taking control of her emotions again, she speaks calmly now. "Thank you Mr. Jefferson. I don't know what else to say."

"Call me Alex," he offered. "You understand your ordeal is not over yet, I am sure."

She nodded.

"So tell me what is your plan?" he asked of her. Plan? She never even thought of that. In fact her mind was still in turmoil, she could not think about anything let alone plan!

"I...I really don't know but I do know I am innocent. Whoever plants it there, plans to get rid of me for whatever reasons yet I could not think of anyone who could be so malicious. I have done nothing wrong to anyone. I swear it's not mine. You gotta believe me," she said a little strongly, her old fighting spirit back again.

"I believe you but what will the juries say? You need a good lawyer to fight your case. Mind you my dear, that thing is one solid kg and first grade," he stressed. He sounded just so like the detective emphasizing on the weight lest she forgets.

"BUT I did not touch it!" she replied a little more stronger and feeling hopeful.

"Oh? You haven't read the newspaper yet I guess?" he said not so much of a question but a fact. He got up and went back to his desk to retrieve the newspaper. He walked back and handed it to her. She looked questioningly at him then began to read the newspaper. Her face turned pale and then green. She felt almost sick.

"NO! It's impossible!" she cried this time loudly. She looked wildly around. "They made a mistake. It has to be a mistake!"

Then it dawned on her why half a million-dollar as bail and not two hundred and fifty thousand instead. She was so miserable that she had not even asked why there was an increased in the amount for her bail. Now she knew why. They found her fingerprints on the packet. But how could it be when she had not even touched it?

"Do you trust me?" Alex asked of her.

What kind of question is that! She thought. Does she trust him? She hardly knew him! She looked at him as though he suddenly has sprouted tentacles on his head with extra arms.

"Do you trust me, Aida?" he asked her firmly this time calling her name for the first time.

"I don't know. What do you want me to say?! I am so confused," she replied truthfully.

"Ok, listen carefully. I have a business proposal for you," he said, never taking his eyes of her.

"Business proposal?" Aida questioned, feeling weirder and weirder with the whole situation. "I don't know anything about business. What can I do for you? What kind of business are you talking about? I don't even have the means to pay my bail let alone to have the money to invest in any business plan?" A torrent of questions rushed out of her.

"Shh... shh... calm down and take a deep breath," he shushed her gently. She took a deep breath as he has suggested.

"I don't need your money in this business plan. I want you," he stated matter of fact.

She looked at him with her mouth open but no sound came out. She thought he would burst out laughing telling her he was only kidding like before but she realized he was serious.

"Yes, I am very serious," as though reading her thoughts. "When I am talking about business, I don't joke about it. To me every business is an investment be it small or large. I want you to marry me for the duration of one year. You will get a monthly allowance and enjoy all the perks as Mrs. Jefferson. On top of that you will get the US citizenship. Isn't that what you want? You wanted a green card and I am giving you more. At the end of the contract, you will receive three million dollars to do as you wish. The money will be credited into whichever account you choose once the contract expire."

It sounded like one of her rehearsed play; only it wasn't a play at all. He meant every word he said, she realized. Aida was shaking her head when he finished talking.

"NO!" Aida spoke loudly still shaking her head.

"No? You won't marry me or no you don't agree to the terms?" he queried her.

"No! I mean this sounds too crazy! So...so unreal!" she cried frustratingly. Suddenly she stared hard at him. "Hold on a second here! Did you set me up with... with this drug thing?" she asked accusingly.

"Why would I want to set you up?" he asked her back gazing at her intently, piercing her with his opaline green eyes. It was too distracting. She tried to out stare him but she could not. She had to turn away before she do something stupid like...like what? She was truly confused now. She thought the world would not get madder and weirder than this.

"It's perfectly normal to have this kind of business transactions in US. I am sure I am not the first to propose such a business plan," he told her trying to reassure her. "It's perfectly legitimate the whole thing."

"I know it does happen in US but it don't happen to ordinary people like me. It happens to celebrities like...like Ivana Trump or...or Anna Nicole Smith. Ok, you said you didn't set me up with this drug thing but why me. Why choose me as your business plan?" she asked of him more frustrated than ever.

"You have a clean record. You don't do drugs not even smoke. You don't drink, well hardly a drinker," looking at her still full glass he had handed her earlier. "You are in trouble now. You need help. You don't have a family. You are single. Technically you don't have a boyfriend here or back in Mexico. Let's just say I am hiring you for a year to be Mrs. Jefferson. More like a personal assistant. Will that make you feel better? You are to work for me. Just treat me as your employer. In exchange, your duty is to take care of my grandfather. He needs a woman's touch. You are to be my companion for all the functions I am to attend cos' I don't have time to arranged for companions and you are to become the perfect hostess should I need to hold any functions myself and I don't want any unnecessary gossips about my personal life, at least for a while. On top of that I don't want any complication, that's to say I don't want a real marriage that ends up in messy divorce where my properties will be contested or to settle a large sum of monies." That said he took a drink again from his glass.

Mythrana
Mythrana
35 Followers
12