Missed Migration

Poem Info
35 words
4.44
2.5k
0
6
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Missed Migration

Around I found
while looking down

orange and black
amongst the brown

Fragile wing under the leaf

Who is there to share the grief

When fall drags flutter to the ground


Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
well done

I would’ve guessed a monarch butterfly. The key words are there (migrate, flutter, fragile wing, brown and black). Wonder what gotem? Nice imagery.

The Mystery ValiantThe Mystery Valiantalmost 18 years ago
Memorable

Interesting..., might have made a little more of it. Very short and shy of telling the tale. But very good descripiton and reference to the mystery of fall. I sort of have a thing with fall, the nip of the air and the warmth of the sun on my skin and face. The odd musky, death smell of the expired weeds. As to the pyramid shape of the poem, doesn't seem to carry much of a relationship with the season's. More of a ancient, millineal and egyptian totem. If you understand what I mean.

AngelineAngelineover 18 years ago
I like it

and it is bittersweet. I think you've found the right balance between sadness at finding a dead bird (I assume) and an appropriate philosophical remove. I don't like "drags" next to "flutter." I think flutter needs a different verb next to it or maybe a recast of that last line. But "flutter" is perfect--don't lose that: it's a vivid image.

Ok? I commented. I do read your sig lines! :D

xo,

Ange

dcpoet44dcpoet44over 18 years ago
nice......

and so is the concept....don

sacksackover 18 years ago
very well done...

just the right length, enjoyed this!

Show More