Why Do I Love You?

Story Info
A romantic story with a twist at the end.
1.8k words
2.75
10.9k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PART 1

As I walked towards the person I held dearest in my life, my mind flashed back to that Christmas night, the happiest day of my life, except of course for today...

I had woken up that morning refreshed and happy, I was really excited about today, it was going to be the best Christmas ever, I got up and had a long, hot shower, I looked at the clock, OMG! It was already 9:00! I was to be ready by 10; I quickly dried my thick hair, and threw on my dress. It had taken me a while to pick this dress out; it was a light purple spaghetti-string dress with a slit up the side with a bag and jacket to match. I put my make-up on quickly and carefully. I looked in the mirror, not bad, there was something missing. I smiled, I know, I went to my drawers to find the beautiful gold heart-locket necklace Mark had given me.

I guess I better explain,

My name is Kat. I'm 21 years old. I live in Dublin, and I've been going out with Mark (Westlife) for 7 months now. I love him more then anyone. Today (Christmas) I was spending the day with my family and closest friends, Julie and her Mom and Dad, and Shane, Nicky, Bryan, Ian and of course Mark and all of their families. I know HUGE group!!!

10:02, I fixed my hair and waited for Mark to arrive. I heard the doorbell ring I gave myself one last look and went to answer it. I smiled as I saw Mark standing there, smiling, he looked great. He was wearing a fab suit, he'd had a haircut and he was wearing a perfect smile.

"Happy Christmas!" We both said in unison.

"Wow, you look amazing!" He exclaimed.

I smiled, "You look great too, love the hair," I said reaching over to hug him.

As I hugged him I felt so safe, secure, happy, I didn't want it to end. We heard a car horn beeping. I let go of him and look down. "I think Shane's getting impatient!" I laughed.

PART 2

There was a huge round of hugs, kisses, and Happy Christmas's when we entered the hotel; I was worn out by the time I sat down. There were over 30 people at the table! I sat between Mark and Shane's Mom. Did I mention that Julie was dating Nicky? They've been going a few weeks now.

We sat down and ordered our meals we had a great time chatting. I noticed how Bryan kept looking at me every time I looked he turned away. Everything went perfectly; afterwards we all decided to gather back in Kian's house, for exchanging of presents. I had gotten loads of fabulous presents. Mark had given me the most gorgeous bracelet with matching earrings with a little teddy bear holding a heart saying 'I love you'. Bryan was acting kind of weird all evening; he kept on giving me weird looks. He looked like he was really thinking hard about something. I asked him was he OK?

"Yeah, I'm fine, just; can I talk to you for a second? In private."

"Sure."

Bryan led me to the kitchen. "Listen Kat, I don't really know how to say it. I know it won't make a difference, but I have to get it off my chest. I think I...."

"Hey you guys, get in here, champagne!" Shane interrupted.

"Can we talk later Bryan?"

"Sure, if it's not too late" he mumbled.

PART 3

POP!!!! The cork went flying, we all cheered. "Happy Christmas everyone!!!!!" we all screamed.

After we all had something to drink, we settled down and played some games.

At about 2:00 in the morning we were all still talking amongst ourselves.

Mark looked at me and smiled, he motioned me to come over to the front of the room where by now we had most people's attention.

"Kat, Mark started there's no way to do this but to do it," He got down on one knee.

Oh My God, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Kat, I love you more then anyone, you know that right? You're the Queen of my heart, whenever I'm with you I'm flying without wings," he smiled, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Kat, will you marry me?" he took out the most perfect, sparkling, diamond ring.

"Oh Mark of course I will!"

I was so happy, it's now the July after that Christmas and I'm about to walk up that aisle, to be joined forever with Mark.

"Oh Kat, I can't believe you're getting married!" Julie was saying to me just before the wedding had started," You're going to be so happy!" She of course was my bridesmaid,"Oh, good luck in your new life."

"Thanks Julie," I hugged her.

It was time for Julie to go; she hugged me again and left. I gave myself a look well here I go. I took my bouquet and got ready to enter my new life.

"Kat wait,"

"Bryan what are you doing?" Bryan wasn't one of Mark's best men, he had Nicky and Kian.

"Kat, I can't hold it in any longer, when Mark proposed my heart broke in two ... I, I love you."

I looked into his eyes, he was being sincere, "Bryan you know....."

"Come on, Bryan," Shane came running in, he pulled Bryan away, Shane looked back and mouthed "Good luck."

My head started spinning, no, don't let it get to you, he's probably just confused... I forgot all about it and got ready.

Then suddenly it was my turn to walk up the aisle, I took a deep breath and walked.

As I walked down the aisle, I looked at all my family and friends all here together.

Then I looked up at Mark my Mark.

I was sooooo happy.

Mark smiled as soon as he saw me.

PART 4

"And does anyone here object to these two from joining in holy matrimony?"

I looked at Bryan. He frowned.

"Then I...."

"WAIT!"

"Bryan!" Shane pulled him back, "What are you doing?" he hissed at him.

Bryan's eyes filled up, he shook his head and sat down, covering his face.

PART 5

"Bryan! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!!!ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY WEDDING??"Mark was screaming out in the churchyard.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON IN THERE, AND TO TELL THE TRUTH, I DON'T CARE, JUST GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING TO THE RECEPTION!"

"Mark, look. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it. I just,"

Bryan went silent, he was crying.

"Mark, I need to, talk to you." I dragged him to the corner; I looked over at the gates. The guards were struggling to keep the reporters out word about Bryan had gotten out, there were already about 10 different newspapers out there, trying to catch a glimpse of the action.

"Listen Mark, Bryan came over to me before the wedding. He said he. He said he loved me."

I looked into Mark's eyes, they looked confused, suddenly his eyes filled up, he looked away.

"And I guess you love him back." He muttered.

"What?!" Now my head was really spinning. "No, how could you think that, I love you and only you, I married you didn't I?"

Mark looked at me, "Sorry, I'm just really confused"

"That makes two of us" I looked over at Bryan "or three."

"Look, Mark," I took his hand, "I really think you should give Bryan a break this is tough enough on him as it is and you're one of his closest friends maybe you should just talk to him."

"You first I need to calm down."

I nodded.

PART 6

"But I just love you so much, I can't live without you," tears flowed down Bryan's face.

"Well you're going to have to, I mean I'll always be your friend, but I love Mark and there are plenty more fish in the sea," I smiled, "you just have to catch the right one."

"I'm really sorry I ruined your wedding, I'll just have to forget about you,"

I smiled and gave him a hug.

"But please don't leave me alone with Mark," Bryan pleaded," I'm kind of scared of him."

I laughed, "Don't worry, he's calmed down."

As Mark came out to talk to Bryan, I went back inside; I started chatting to my friends and danced with a couple of people. Mark came back in.

"Where's Bryan?" I asked him.

"He say's he's just going for a walk, don't worry, I patched things up with him."

Later that night I was dancing with Shane, Nicky came over to me.

"Have you seen Bryan?"

"No I haven't seen him since I was talking in the churchyard, which was 5 hours ago."

"I've been looking all over for him, he's not anywhere."

I started worrying.

20 mins later Bryan was nowhere to be seen.

"Mark, Bryan's disappeared." My voice was shaking.

"He probably just got upset and went home."

I had to find him.

I ran out to the car park.

I got someone to drive me to Bryan's house.

PART 7

I knocked on the door, no answer, but I could hear someone inside walking around.

I knocked on the door of Bryan's apartment again this time the door swung open.

No one there, then I realized that the door wasn't closed properly.

"Bryan what are you doing?"

He was standing on a window ledge on the tenth floor of the building; I knew what he was going to do.

"Bryan stop, you're going crazy."

He shook his head and got ready to jump.

"No Bryan!!!"

I ran towards him.

PART 8

Bryan's point of view.

I couldn't take it anymore, they were married, that little talk with Mark had helped him forgive me, but I couldn't go on like this, my heart was broken.

I swung the door to the apartment open, I looked at the window, there was only one thing to do, I had thought about this for hours walking around town.

I realized I'd been crying all this time.

I pushed open the window and climbed onto the ledge.

I heard a knock on the door, ignored it, closed my eyes and got ready to jump.

"Bryan, stop! You're going crazy!"

I spun around, Kat. It hurt to look at her.

I got ready to jump.

Kat screamed something.

I heard her run, the rest was a blur. I looked around the other way and lost my balance, I grabbed the window, and I watched everything was in slow motion.

I watched Kat reach out to grab me. She tripped, she fell, and I reached.

I missed.

The end.