Greener Than Blue-Green Blues

Poem Info
148 words
5.6k
0
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Miles Davis started using electricity in his concerts, the vigilantes of taste and crosswalks raised a clamour of revolt against the heresy. It was right about then that was announced the protection plan for the trees in my backyard. One day, a minister without cabinet and a sub-secretary of some culture came to tell us they had signed a protocol with nature, the roots and the clouds. And that they could now declare the start of Spring whenever they wanted. After that, vagrant cats started appearing, as well as some dead dogs early in the morning. One of those mornings, a red squirrel was passing by. I asked for the others, and he told me they had took up arms to restore the rights of the birds to sing the dead. Ever since they had started living in a fable, there were too much blood and corpses.

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
13 Comments
LeBrozLeBrozalmost 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 36,000 poems.

----------

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Poetry?

I think not.

LouXIVLouXIValmost 18 years ago
Spring Greenery tempered by the Blues

First, I love the title, which even captures the rhythm of the Blues. And what an intro to the heresy of government. I think I am right to see this as a political parable about power - the arrogance to legislate the seasons. And how subtle to have a minister 'without cabinet' rather than patently without culture or couth. From 'roots' to 'clouds,' and animals of land and air - how wonderful a fable is that can encompass the universe and the insults against it in such a short passage - Bravo! We live in this fable too much, but I hope some day we'll overcome the Blues, and merely relish the green of spring.

Show More
Share this Poem