Losing It In The Corner

Poem Info
268 words
5
2.1k
0
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I don't believe anymore. The core of me hollow and nothing can fill it. They say believe in happiness, in love and the familiar. Yet leave hope for another day.

Then I called a spiritual entity named love that didn’t hear and if so it never answered. It's mocking, macabre yet bitter and humorous. It’s humanly cruel.

It's wasn’t the feeling you get when you hear a bird sing and flutter onto the next tree branch or the light in a baby's eyes when you think you're looking into the universe at what god should be.

This thing is a mere ball that spins on nothing. A sphere I live in that is dark and speckled with tiny lights. Whose weight is beyond the limits of understanding.

It was something like reincarnation that got me to this point. A past wrong that needed to be right. Then came the hollow bark of a tree. When I peered inside and saw into my future I thought it was clear, but it never was.

Beautiful and vibrant left the image of happiness running in a field of violets in bloom. The cloudless sky a gentle canvas of spring painted orange and yellow. It was never dream-like although unreal, so my senses tricked me into believing its authenticity.

I thought it was me.

The footsteps fade.

I wince then slowly glide the tattered fabric up trembling thighs as my eyes fall to the torn party dress gathered lifeless around slender ankles.

The needle lowers on the gramophone…
As I kneel in the corner.

“Copyright © 2007 MLB. All rights reserved.”

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
lyrica_sheaylyrica_sheayabout 17 years ago
excellent

this is a very nice piece...it strikes a cord somewhere in me that makes me feel for the one in the corner...very good, very good...bravo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well done

Enjoyed the read. -Curiouswife

Share this Poem

Similar poems

Without Question Feeling fear in a relationship
One Last Embrace My second poem about this woman who I admire and love.
More Stories