Timeless Love Ch. 10

Story Info
The conclusion.
2.3k words
4.82
24.8k
20

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 07/12/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Charlie," Cynara breathed as soon as she sat up in bed, but no one was there. The house was quiet, eerily so. Cynara rolled out of bed and ran down the stairs, "Charlie!" she screamed as she went, stumbling desperately.

The house was exactly as she had left it, but something just didn't seem right, and she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Then all of a sudden there was a lone figure in the hall, seeming out of place, like a ghost.

Cynara knew a moment of panic before the man turned to her.

"Sanford." The word escaped her lips as she ran to him, placing her hands on his shoulders to reassure herself. "You're real."

"Cynara?" Sanford asked with confusion, "I think it is I who should be saying that to you," he stated as he placed his hands on her shoulders. Then all of a sudden, as though it just hit him that she was actually there, his face transformed.

"Cynara!" he shouted as he drug her into his arms, twirling her about, "But where have you been?" he released her and put her at arms length, "And why are you dressed like that?"

"There's no time to explain," Cynara said urgently, "Where's Charlie?"

Sanford looked at her strangely, "I think he's at a duel, but why did you leave? And where did you go? We've all been so worr—" his voice trailed off as he saw her pale face. "What's wrong?"

"I have to get there. Where's he dueling?"

"I don't know, but you can talk to him when he gets back," he said reassuringly.

"You don't understand," she wailed, "He's going to die if I don't get to him. Don't ask me how I know, just please, I have to find him!"

Sanford stared at her like she had gone crazy, "He's not going to die," he said gently, placing a restraining hand on her shoulder as though she might suddenly do something drastic.

"Sanford, please!"

"I'll take you," came a strong voice from the corner, Cynara turned to him like a shipwrecked man to land.

"Ashton!" she pulled away from Sanford and ran to throw her arms around him for a quick hug, "We have to leave now, there isn't time."

"Then let's go," he said as followed her out to the carriage. "Never mind, we'll still be needing this," he told the servants that were just starting to see to the horses after his recent arrival.

He helped Cynara in, and Sanford hopped up next to her.

"You're coming, too?" she asked suspiciously.

"I may think you're nuts, but I don't want to miss all the fun," Sanford smiled, his naturally carefree personality shining through the tense situation.

Before she knew it, the three of them were rolling away. Cynara kneaded her hands nervously in her lap as they drove along. She was slightly aware of Ashton and Sanford exchanging worried glances, but her thoughts were mainly on Charles. The universe wouldn't let her come back, just in time for Charles's death, would it? There was no way it was too late, no way.

The carriage stopped at a secluded little clearing at the edge of some woods, and Cynara was out of the carriage before it even was completely still.

"Cynara," Sanford called after her as she flew out of the carriage. She could see two men's rapiers swishing dangerously in the distance, she recognized one--Charlie. She spotted Finley lounging against a tree a few feet away, not even seeming to pay attention to the events.

The men didn't see her approaching, at least not until they heard her shrill scream. "Stop!"

Charles's sword came crashing to the ground as he saw her, but the other man's was already in a deadly thrust. Without even thinking, Cynara lunged herself in front of the sword aimed for Charlie, the blade sinking easily into her shoulder.

"What the hell is this!" she heard someone shout as she sunk weakly to the ground. Charles's arms were around her, supporting her up.

"Cynara," he said gently, unbelievingly, as he reverently stroked her cheek.

"I-I couldn't stop it, she came out of nowhere," she vaguely heard the man Charles was dueling explaining desperately.

"You just better hope that no serious damage has been done, for your sake." Cynara recognized Finley's threatening voice, and smiled.

Charles tore the sleeve on her shirt to asses the damage that had been done. "It looks like you're going to be fine, my artichoke, just a flesh wound," he said as he wrapped her torn sleeve around the wound to stay the blood.

"You're alive," she smiled happily up at him, ignoring throbbing pain in her shoulder.

"I should be saying that to you," he echoed his brother's earlier words, making her laugh.

Charles looked down at her confusedly, but let it go for more pressing matters. "Where have you been?" he asked, pulling her more fully into his arms, being careful of her injury.

"You wouldn't believe me," she said, reaching up with her good arm to stroke his beloved face, catching a tear in her fingers.

"Charlie, you're crying," she said with amazement in her voice.

"So are you." And Cynara was surprised to find that her own cheeks were wet as she touched them.

They were so wrapped up in each other that they didn't notice anything of what was going on around them, but Cynara slowly became aware that they were being watched. She looked up to find Ashton, and Sanford grinning down at her, Finley staring at her with his mouth practically hanging open in surprise. Her heart sang at seeing the men she had come to know as family. Then she looked back at Charlie to see all his love shining in his eyes, and knew she was home.

"Let's go home," she told the four brothers, and Charlie obediently lifted her up into his arms.

"Why don't you two take that carriage," Finley said nodding to the one he and Charles had originally taken to the secluded field, "I'll go with Ashton and Sanford."

Charles carried her over to their carriage. "What were you thinking?" he demanded angrily once they were seated and he held her in his lap.

So much for being glad to see me, she thought. "I just saved your life."

"Why would you throw yourself in front of the blade like that? Of all the stupid things to do," he grouched.

"You should be thanking me," she pouted.

"And where have you been?" he demanded.

"I was in the future, for your information," she said haughtily, angry that he wasn't listening to her. "And if I hadn't saved you just now, you'd be dead, so stop complaining."

"Oh, the future," Charles said sarcastically, "How was that?"

"I really was in the future, that's where I'm from," she told him earnestly, trying to convince him despite her better judgment.

"Cynara," his voice gentled, "If you don't want to tell me where you really were, that's alright. Just promise me that you'll never leave like that again," and she could detect the pain in his voice that her absence had caused him.

"But I really was in the future, the year 2007. I didn't want to leave, it just happened. I can't control it, I just started feeling dizzy, like how I got here in the first place," she spoke rapidly, trying to make him understand, "I tried to get back, but I couldn't, not until I saw you. Well, not you, your ghost. He, I mean you, told me that the magic was between us, then I knew I could get back, and I did. I had to save you because you were going to die today, and we never would have gotten married, not suggesting that you have to marry me now...well if you want to, but the point is, I had to tell you—"

Charles was looking at her gently throughout her whole rambling speech, seeming to follow what she was saying, though she knew he must think not really understand. "Tell me what?" he said indulgently.

"I can't believe I almost forgot, I came all this way and almost forgot to tell you," she said in horror.

"Tell me now."

Cynara stared at him, "I can't."

"Why not?" Charles smiled humorously.

"I'm too nervous."

"Then tell me later," he softly kissed her nose. "After all, I intend to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

"You don't think I'm crazy?" she asked incredulously.

"Oh no, I think your crazy, but marry me anyway."

Cynara's face blossomed into a smile. "Yes."

Charles bent down and warmly captured her lips with his own, showing her how much he loved her with his kiss.

"Charlie," she said when he pulled away.

"What?"

"I'm ready to tell you what I had to tell you."

Charles smiled, "I'm listening."

"I love you."

"I know. Now what did you have to tell me?"

"You jerk," she said punching him with her good arm, "That is what I had to tell you."

"I know. I love you, too," he said kissing her again before she could say anything else.

***

Cynara was lying in her shift in bed, watching Charlie take off his formal shirt. She heard a little yap, and looked down at the small puppy who was trying to jump on the bed that was a bit too tall for his tiny legs.

"Hey, Parkinglot," she said as she bent down and lifted him up, letting him sit on her lap and bite her fingers.

"Go put that runt where he belongs," Charlie said, walking over to her.

"Don't call him a runt, and he's my wedding present so he can go wherever I let him."

"I never would have gotten him for you if I'd known I'd have to be sharing a bed with him," Charlie said exasperatedly.

"But I'm so glad you did." Cynara kissed the little puppy's head.

"Come on now, this is our wedding night. I should be getting all your kisses," Charlie complained as he bent down and stole a kiss. "At least put him on the floor."

"Okay Parkinglot," she told the puppy earnestly, "Since Daddy is such a mean old man, you're going to have to sleep on the floor."

She gently placed the little fluff ball back on the ground, and he whined a little before scrambling over to a small rug.

"So I'm a mean old man?" Charlie asked her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Terribly mean," Cynara nodded up at him.

"Too bad you're stuck with me then," he straightened to finish removing his clothes. He pushed down his pants and stood completely naked and unabashed in front of her. He took a moment to admire the sight of his new wife waiting for him in bed.

"Do you know what I thought the first time I saw you?" Charlie asked, her lying there reminding him of that moment.

"You thought I had lovely ears."

Charlie started in surprise, "I never told you that," he said incredulously.

"You're ghost did," she sat up on her knees, watching his face carefully.

"Again with the ghost?" he asked. Since her return, she had often tried to tell him about the future and everything that had happened to her. Charlie had never said that he didn't believe her, but she could tell the he was doubtful. She couldn't blame him, though.

"How else would I know that?" Cynara said smartly.

Charlie for the first time seemed a little unsure, thinking that just maybe what she had been telling him was correct.

"I don't know, Cynara," Charlie said shaking his head, "Perhaps I'll never know, but it doesn't bother me any. I'm just glad to have you," he said gently biting her ear.

Cynara forgot her intent of trying to convince him, as usual, when he started to make love to her. He paid particular attention to her ear, licking and nipping it, until he moved his kisses down her neck.

His hands found her breasts, rubbing them gently over the thin fabric of her shift. "Charlie," she moaned. He bit her chin.

The hem of her shift was bunched up around her knees, and he pulled it off of her in one full swoop, throwing it out of his way.

He pushed her onto her back, gently licking her small, creamy breasts, biting the rosy centers. She grabbed his hair, it squeezing out between her fingers.

"Make love to me, Charlie," she demanded, feeling the heat build up between her legs.

"What do you think I'm doing?" he said gruffly, rising above her to put himself inside of her.

"Please, I can't wait," but even as she said it, Charlie was impaling her on his throbbing cock.

He slowly pushed further and further into her, grabbing her legs by the knees and pushing them out and back so he could fill her as completely as possible. He stilled for a moment, savoring the feeling of having her completely wrapped around him.

She held his butt as he began to thrust in and out of her, squeezing the strong muscles between her hands.

"Charlie," she moaned out in her ecstasy, he came inside her, claiming her as his own.

Afterwards, when both their breathing had returned to normal, Charlie rolled off of her, pulling her close to his side.

"I love you," she murmured, snuggling her head in his chest.

"I love you, too," he kissed the top of her head. He heard her even breathing, indicating that she had drifted off to sleep. He laid there, stroking her back, letting her snooze for a while before he would wake her up for another round. After all, it was their wedding night, and it had only just begun.

*

(Note: Thanks so much for reading. I really loved writing this, and I hope you all enjoyed it, too. I know there are some things I didn't wrap up (poor Finley), but I'll finish his story in the sequel I'm planning, so look out for that. Please leave a comment to tell me what you thought. ~cellophanesmile:)