Army Greens

Poem Info
265 words
4.79
6.5k
4
0
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers

The olive green color strikes a cord in my memory. The crisp clean folds and shiny gold buttons speak to my heart directly. The memory of a tall handsome man standing in my doorway, with his straight strong posture and broad bold features. Standing there, towering over me, reigning in at over six grand feet tall. His strong broad shoulders, him standing at attention.

His eyes a soft cold blue color, hardened from war and hate. His strong hands holding my hands, small and child-like compared to his. My fears washed from my heart and soul with the sight of him standing there. After the many years of fear and sadness, worrying if he would return to me. Fearing the worst with every phone call, a sigh of relief with the mere sound of his raspy deep voice.

This image is forever burned into my mind. The sight of him coming home safely to my loving arms. Sadly, this beautiful sight that makes my heart cry tears of joy has not occurred yet. My heart still leaps at the sound of a telephone ringing, at the sound of a rap on the door, but I know all will be right one day soon.

The bold colors of the red, white, and blue are a symbol of our freedom. Those colors run through our blood and forever speak of pride and hope. Come home to us soon dear ones, we are waiting for you. We love and support you, our hearts are devoted to you and to you alone.

"Man dresses the wound, God heals it."

KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous