susurrus

Poem Info
63 words
4
2k
1
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Don't be afraid

The raiments of your life, be they
tattered rags, brocade of gold

I would ease, with whisper, from across your shoulders
let part, to earth forgotten, light

my lips, prayer susurrate
upon the fountain naked of your breast

and to the telling of your heart
with all the magic in my breadth

bespeak – the secret name
of giving

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
raconteuseraconteuseover 13 years ago
Lovely!

A delicate and beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing.

vrosej10vrosej10over 13 years ago
I love it.

The language is a bit pretentious but i actually think that suits the tone of the piece. Will be recommending this.

PoetGuyPoetGuyover 13 years ago
Pretty good, but Poet Guy stumbles a bit

over some of your stylistic choices, which seem a little too consciously arty to Poet Guy's sensibility (though, notably arch and arty himself, this could be his hypersensitivity). For example, the inversion "fountain naked" does not add any meaning nor beauty of phrasing over the more conventional "naked fountain," so unless Poet Guy is missing something, this phrasing merely seems twee. Similarly "bespeak" seems artificially quaint as well. Poet Guy also believes that "raiment" is effectively plural without the additional trailing "s"--one would not say "clothings" nor "apparels," which are synonyms.

Poet Guy finds this promising, but suggests some of the filigree be trimmed.