Temptation's Kiss Ch. 08

Story Info
Keeping strong.
1.4k words
4.6
9.4k
2

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 09/23/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cass jumped into action, throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a mix matched sweatshirt. She threw her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her keys. Randon was already waiting at the door fully dressed and ready to leave.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Anna probably won't want any men around. I'll call you tomorrow." Cass said and kissed him quickly before rushing out to her car, not bothering to wait for Randon to leave or to even lock her door.

It was a ten minute drive to the hospital. Cassidy made it in significantly under that. She was in a panic mode as she blindly rushed to the front desk and asked for Anna's room number.

The old lady behind the desk gave her a small smile and the room number and Cass rushed towards the elevators. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't shed tears for Anna. She told herself she'd be strong for her best friend, even if she had to hold in the tears until she got home.

When she reached Anna's room and opened the door the first thing she saw was Anna laying in a hospital bed. The bruised and bloodied body didn't even look as if it belonged to Anna. Her long blonde hair was matted with blood and her eyes were both swollen shut.

"Anna." She gasped.

"Oh Cass! You're here."

Maria ran over and flung herself into Cass's arms. She looked worse for wear herself. Even Cora, who almost never seemed to have a hair out of place, looked exhausted and sick with worry as she sat in a chair holding one of Anna's small hands.

"How is she?"

"She's asleep. They caught the asshole and he's going to prison. God I wish they'd let me in a room with the son of a bitch." Maria said, or more like growled.

Cass walked over and took a seat beside Cora. "How long ago did this happen?"

"She's been up at the hospital for about two hours. About an hour ago they called me. I came up here and then called you and Cora."

"What did the doctor say?"

"She was beat up pretty bad. Her right leg was broken, and three ribs were cracked. She has a concussion and some internal bleeding. She'll be in the hospital for at least a week. The doctor doesn't think they'll have to do surgery but they are watching her closely. She came in and she was in shock."

"Has she woken up since you've been here?"

"No."

Maria ran a hand through her hair and sighed as a few tears ran down her face. "I hate this! Why did this happen to her? Of all people why did this happen to Anna?"

"We all hate this Mari. Let's be strong for Anna though when she wakes up okay? No tears." Cassidy soothed.

"She's right Mari. We need to be strong." Cora said and stood up to pace the room. "I just hate knowing there is nothing we can do about it right now."

"We can be here for her. That's enough." Cass said and blinked back her own tears. Anna was like a sister to her, to all of them. She was sweet and shy. She was the best person Cassidy knew and it just wasn't fair that this had to happen to her.

The room was silent for the next hour as they all sat and waited incase Anna woke up. Cassidy felt her phone vibrate and looked to see a text from Randon asking if Anna was going to be okay and if she was alright. She sent a quick text back saying that she was fine but Anna was asleep.

After another two hours of no change, Maria left to get them some coffee and Cora had gone to Anna's home to get her some clothes and other necessities. Cassidy laid her head back and closed her eyes. She was exhausted, pretty soon she fell asleep. She slept right through the nurses who came in to check vitals, but when someone touched her hand she jumped up.

"Cass?"

"Anna. Hey baby, how are you feeling?" Cassidy said and brushed a strand of hair out of Anna's face.

"Not very well. What happened?"

"You don't remember."

"Sadly yes, I was just hoping it was all a dream." Anna said. Even her voice sounded fragile and weak.

"They got the guy Anna. Don't worry about a thing except getting better alright?"

"Are you the only one up here?"

"No. Mari was the first one up here. She left to get some coffee and Cora went to your house to get you some things she thinks you might need.

"My head is pounding something awful." Anna whispered.

"Want me to call the doctor?"

"He was already in while you were asleep. He gave me some medicine and told me to get some more rest. I hear I'm pretty banged up."

"Just a bit."

Maria walked in a few moments later and when she saw that Anna was awake she rushed over to the hospital bed.

"Oh Anna!"

"Hey Mari. Don't fuss."

It was close to seven in the morning when Cassidy let herself into her house. It was unlocked just as she had left it, but instead of being empty, Randon was asleep on her couch wearing a pair of sweatpants. His hair curled across his forehead and his mouth hung slightly open. He looked so adorable that Cass had to fight the urge to jump on him. Instead she walked over, dropped to her knees and kissed his forehead.

Randon's eyes fluttered open and he smiled.

"You waited for me."

"Well I went home to get some night clothes."

"You waited for me." Cass repeated and kissed him. It was a sweet soft kiss that gave her a pleasurable buzz.

"You're tired. You should get some sleep baby." Randon told her and pulled her on top of him. Cassidy snuggled into his chest and let her eyes flutter closed. She felt Randon's lips brush against the top of her head before she drifted off to sleep.

When she woke up hours later, she was in her bed and a note lay on the pillow beside her head.

'Sorry I had to head to the club. I called the hospital before I left and they said Anna is doing fine. I called my sister-in-la, Loretta, and she offered to watch the shop for a few days. She said to call her if you needed her. I'll call you later and check on you. --Rand'

Cass smiled and got out of bed. After a shower she changed into an old pair of jeans and an old dark green t-shirt. She left her hair down, but didn't bother with makeup.

She dialed Loretta's number and asked if she would watch the shop tomorrow. Loretta agreed and offered her condolences as to what happened to Anna.

Pleased with that, Cassidy went up to the hospital. Anna was awake and Mari was watching a movie with her. From the way Mari looked, she hadn't left since the night before.

"Maria, go home you need to get some sleep and a shower."

"She's right Mari. I'm alright." Anna said with a small smile.

"Okay. I'll be back up here later." Maria said before leaving.

Cassidy sat down beside the hospital bed and looked at the television. "Pretty Woman? Your favorite."

"Cora brought it this morning. She just left a little while ago. Maria didn't want me alone. I think she's scared I'm going to have a mental breakdown." Anna said and rolled her eyes.

"Are you?"

"I don't think so. I believe I'm handling this very well."

"You are."

Anna smiled. "Well at least I'm not the only virgin in the group any longer." She shrugged.

"Oh sweetie. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. They got the guy, and I'll get better. Don't worry about it."

"Oh I'll worry about it. Anna the guy could have killed you."

"But I'm alive. Yes I'm hurt, and every time a guy walks through that door I feel panicked but I'm alive so I'll heal and I'll get over it."

"Well me, Cora, and Maria will be here every step of the way." Cass said.

"I know, and I'm more thankful than you'll ever know."