Just One of Many Pt. 03

Story Info
The days passed by slowly.
2.5k words
4.36
8.1k
00

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/30/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 10

The days past by slowly. Cat wrote, Megan watched DVD's, and Chris drove. They didn't talk. They didn't sleep together. When they stayed at an operator's house, or a hotel, he slept on the floor or a chair. No longer did they touch. That was getting to Cat.

Cat regretted blowing up and dragging it out. She wanted to feel Chris against her again, she wanted his lips and his hands. With him, she knew someone cared. Without him embracing her and treating her as if she had some disease, she felt broken. As she sat on the hotel bed, she started to cry. Megan was asleep, Chris was out getting dinner. And she was crying.

When Chris opened the door, he did it quietly. He wasn't sure if Cat was asleep or not. Honestly, with things were going, he had no idea whether she was even tired. She may have been ready to run a marathon. He didn't have any clue.

Since that night, he had been kicking himself in the ass. Looking over what he said, he basically said she was a slut. 'On your back in a crappy hotel' what the hell was he thinking! She hadn't ever kissed a guy before him and he was calling her a damn slut. God, what the hell was he thinking?

At night he kicked himself even harder. He could be sleeping with her in that bed, but oh no, he had to be an idiot. Now he was stuck on the hard ass floor.

When he opened up the door and walked in, he saw what Cat was doing. And it sure as hell wasn't sleeping. Her body was curled into a ball on the bed, shuddering as she cried. He sat the food down on the counter, letting his coat fall on top of it. Walking to her, she finally became aware of his presence. She sat up, wiping furiously at her eyes.

"Shh-Shh, come here." He pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly against his chest. "Shh, it's ok. Shh."

Chris held Cat that like that for over an hour before she was just a snotty, red cheeked, hiccupping ball against his chest. He got out his handkerchief and wiped her cheeks then her nose.

"You're ok, sweetheart. Calm down, it's alright." He whispered, cooing soothing words and stroking her hair.

When she had stopped crying, and hiccupping, he laid back with her against his chest. She struggled for a few minutes, uncomfortable until he held her still. Then she just lay tense against his chest.

"I'm sorry...for what I said. I didn't mean to incline you're a slut, or anything like that. I just meant that....that you....you deserve a lot better than me. I could die any day, you....you shouldn't carry that burden. That's all I really meant."

It took so long for Catherine to answer that he thought she might have fallen asleep. Or that she just didn't want to discuss what had happened earlier.

"I didn't think you meant it that way. I'm sorry I've ignored you."

"Nothing to be sorry for. I did the same thing to you." Chris whispered.

"Are we over the blowing each other off thing then?" Chris nuzzled his head in her hair. It smelt of strawberries.

"Yeah, I think we are."

"I missed you in bed with me." Chris smiled against her hair.

"I missed it too. I hate that hard-ass floor."

That same time the next night, they were driving to the airport. After three hours on a plane, they were driven to another operator. This one was much crappier than the others. That's because it was a police station.

In a back room were four bunk beds. Each had a plain pillow and green blanket. That night, none of them slept that great.

The next morning, around four, they were up again. They boarded a plane and flew to Seattle. It was second time that Catherine cried.

Chapter 11

At eight in the morning on a Thursday morning, in February, things changed. Chris, Catherine, and Megan were driven in a black Sedan to the country woods of Seattle. The weather was horrid. Megan was curled against Catherine's side, watching SpongeBob. Catherine was nodding off, dark circles under her eyes, and her hips were aching.

To Catherine, Chris looked like he was just peachy. Under the skin though, she couldn't be more wrong. He was more stress than he had ever been. To him, he never wanted Cat to leave his side. Under that, he was scared she would change her mind later on. Under that, he was worried about what kind of father figure he'd be. Above all of that, he was scared that she would die on his watch. If that happened, he knew he wouldn't be able to live with the guilt and regret.

When they had driven about four miles, or deeper into the woods, they reached a log cabin. A-framed and two stories. It was surrounded by nothing just trees, trees, and more trees. Agents surrounded the house, some hidden, some not. When they walked through the door, three agents sat in the living room, a coffee table in front of them with stacks of paper covering it.

An agent in a black suit carried the bags to a room off the kitchen. He motioned for Catherine to follow. Another agent took Chris to the kitchen table. He didn't give her a second glance as she walked by, carrying Megan. The agent let the bags fall to the floor, and shut the door behind him as he stood at the door. Catherine stared at him.

"Is there something else?" Catherine asked.

"Ma'am, there are some things you need to know."

"My name isn't ma'am, sir." His lips upturned and Cat had to smile.

"Ms. Kelly, you are here for your own protection. And your daughter's. May I be frank?"

"Go for it."

"As far as fucking your Witness Agent, it stops now." Cat's jaw dropped.

"Excuse me? What in the hell makes you think I'd spread my legs for a man I've known less than a month?" Cat walked to the door and snatched it so fast, every head turned to look. "And as for your thought on my personal life, you can keep your frank little ass, out of it!"

A few snickers sounded the room, the crying of Megan and Cat's hard breathing. The agent glanced down before returning her gaze.

"Ma'am, I don't care what you did before here. I'm just telling you the fact of it is, it stops here." Cat tightened her fists at her side.

"And sir, I'm telling you, that the next word out of your mouth that concerns myself and any male, will result in the hardest kick of my life to a region that would hurt quite badly on your body." With that the agent walked out the front door.

Cat was still steaming when Chris came into the bedroom about an hour later. He kicked off his shoes, let his coat fall on the dresser and flopped down on the bed.

"Do you understand what held me back now?" He whispered. Cat turned over, looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah."

"I liked what you said, nice." Cat smiled. Chris turned over, crawling up beside her. He leant over her, his lips brushing hers softly. "I'm resigning as your Witness Agent."

Cat stared at him, open mouthed. "What does that mean, exactly?"

"It means, that I no longer am at liberty to worry about my work ethnics with you. If you want me, then I'm free to be yours."

Tears welled in Cat's eyes and she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Her lips pressed against his. He chuckled, wrapping her in his arms as well. Their lips crushed together, again and again. Until there was a knock on the door, they didn't break apart. Cat collected herself as Chris did the same, then went to the door. At the door, was a young agent, holding a stack of folders.

"We'd like to the meeting now, sir." Chris nodded and turned to motion Catherine to follow.

At the living room, three agents occupied the couch, including the one Cat had gotten heated over. One picked up a book, flipping it open. He held out his hand to Catherine, shaking hers briefly.

"Ms. Kelly, I'm agent Dozal. I'm the team leader." Cat nodded, wringing her hands.

"What exactly does that mean?" The man smiled.

"I organize the times of which each man is here. I worry about the security, things like that." Cat nodded. "Any more questions?"

"No, not at the moment." He nodded and looked to the next man, seated in the middle.

"Well, I'm Agent Clarent. I basically worry about your medical care. I'm a certified doctor. I tag along to things like this to take care of the medical needs of the personal. So, if you feel sick, any pains, anything like that-I'm the one to come to." Cat nodded again.

"Does that include-" The man nodded.

"Yes, feminine personal care too." She nodded again.

"Ok."

"Well, you already know me. I'm Agent Marks. I'm one of your body guards." He motioned to another man leaning against the fireplace. "That's the other. Of course everyone is looking out for you both, but we're the main ones."

"So, we live inside the house all the time?" They all exchanged glances.

"Basically. That's what we were getting to next."

"Do you have any family, friends, and boyfriends...anybody whom would miss your presences?" Agent Dozal asked.

"No." Tears brimmed her eyes.

"Are there any reasons why you would write mail, make calls, anything like that?"

"No."

"Are there any special needs you have, or Megan has?"

"I'm low on her food. She doesn't use bottles, but it is a baby oatmeal type thing. I'm really low and need more." Dozal got out a pen and wrote the necessity on a sticky note.

"Anything else? Any medication, personal needs?"

"No. Nothing."

"Rules." Added the fireplace guy.

"Don't go outside without a body guard. Don't open windows, or curtains. And, we ask you keep a good eye on the child."

"That child as a name. It's Megan. And I will."

With that, the meeting was over.

Chapter 12

Catherine took a shower, then slipped into one of Chris's work shirts. She left the two few buttons undone, and didn't wear a bra under it. When she got to the bed, Chris wasn't there. For a second, she could still hear him in the living room, discussing plans with the others. She smiled, he cared. Whether it was just his job, or his true feelings, he cared.

Cat pulled out her tablet again, laid across the bed, and started to write. After about twenty minutes, her tablet was on the bed, and her head was lolled on the pillow.

Chris came into the bedroom, he was tugging at his tie, kicking off his shoes and throwing off his jacket. When he saw the sight in front of him, splayed across the bed, that changed. He finished taking off his tie, and his shoes. The jacket landed on top of the pile. He landed on top of Cat.

When Cat woke, she was very confused. Her shirt was unbuttoned all the way to the bottom. Lips were trailing down to her belly button. She gasped at the realization. Her body withered, moving under his lips.

"Awake?" Chris's husky voice broke through the sleepy fog. Her shifting was the answer. "Do you want me to stop?"

"God, no." She whispered. He smiled against her skin

His lips trailed back to her neck, sliding soft kisses down to her collar bone. From there, he moved to her shoulders. His teeth nipped at her shoulder bone, making her squeal. While his lips nipped at her shoulders, his hands slid down to her thighs. She jumped at the contact.

"You ok?" She looked down at him, tears in her eyes. "Cat, if you're not ready, just say so. I'm not going to make you, honey."

"I'm not ready." Chris nodded, but the disappointment couldn't be masked. "I'm sorry."

"No, no, don't be sorry." He laid next to her, stroking his hand through her hair. She rolled over, laying her head against his chest. "Are you scared of it, or me?"

"What?"

"Are you scared of doing it? Like getting pregnant, that it'll hurt, things like that. Or are you scared of me? Are you scared I'm going to hurt you?"

"I know it's going to hurt. But I don't think you'll hurt me." Cat whispered. Chris nodded.

"I do like rough sex though, Cat." Cat looked up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"The whole tying up, biting, that kind of stuff, I like doing that."

"Oh." Chris looked down at Cat.

"Ever been bitten?" Cat shook her head. Chris lowered her head to her breast.

"Not there!" Chris laughed.

"Babe, if I bite you on the neck, it's gonna be easy to see by anyone. Same with the shoulder. Has to be your breast."

"What about my leg or something." He shook his head.

"No, breast." Cat shuddered and finally nodded.

"Fine." She whispered. He lowered his head again.

He kissed the spot right above her nipple. His tongue moved over it as his lips sucked at it. After a few seconds of that, he sank in his teeth, capturing the skin. She whimpered, almost crying out but clamped a hand over her mouth. When he rose up, she was breathing heavily and a tear leaked out of her closed eyes. He used a finger to wipe it away.

"You ok?" She nodded. "Hurt that bad?"

"N-No." He smiled.

"I don't remember you ever stuttering." Cat smiled.

"Really? I always stutter."

"Mhm. That's gonna be a bruise in the morning." Cat looked down.

"Remind me to check you for fangs in the morning." Chris laughed.

"I didn't bite you near as hard as I could've. Trust me."

"Oh really."

"Yeah, really."

"How hard can you bite then?"

"Um well, I've bitten so hard before that I actually got past the skin and she bled."

"Ouch."

"Nah, she actually came when I did it. She was really into it." Cat nodded, then looked away.

"So, if I don't like the rough style, we can't be together?"

"Well, I could always go find some prostitutes. No big deal."

"What?!"

"I'm joking, Cat." He said laughing. She still stared at him. "I'm kidding. Relax."

"Mhm."

"Cat, don't worry about that, ok? I really like you, I can compromise with the sex part."

"Can you? What if we stay together for a while and I can't satisfy you?"

"Cat-"

"What if I can't Chris? How could you stay with me?" Tears were brimming her eyes now.

"Cat! Stop it!" She snapped her mouth shut. "Listen to me! No matter what happens with us, sex isn't going to ruin that. I promise."

"You can't promise that Chris, you can't promise that you'll always have the same feelings down the road."

"With you, I can."

Cat couldn't help but wonder what exact feelings it was that Chris was having about her.