Medium Girl Ch. 01-02

Story Info
I see dead people.
823 words
4.42
5.2k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

Chapter 1

It had been twenty years since that fateful evening. The night that would change Megan's life forever. It had started out like any other night but the she got the news she had known was coming yet dreaded hearing none the less. Her grandpa had been battling cancer for about a year and that night when the family got back from the hospital she knew the battle was over and that the cancer had won. Before anyone even spoke a word she could sense that he was no longer alive.

Now you may say that losing a close relative at such a young age was life changing enough and I would tend to agree but this is only where our story begins. Shortly after her grandpa's death, Megan started experiencing strange occurrences. The first happened one night shortly before she fell asleep about a week after his death. She was lying in her bed when suddenly a figure appeared at the foot of her bed. Megan could not believe her eyes the figure looked exactly like her grandpa but that just could not be true. He had been for a week and they had buried four days earlier. By the time, she looked back at the spot the figure had vanished. Megan flopped onto her side and fell into a deep sleep.

That night would not be the last time she would see the mysterious figure. A few weeks later, the figure reappeared at the bottom of her bed. " what do you want from me?"Megan asked. There was no answer to her question. "Why are you here?" Still no answer. "Please answer me." Instead of saying anything the figure slowly faded to black.

At seven years old, Megan thought she had to be losing her little mind. The only one she could think of to turn to was her mom. Would she believe a word of what Megan was saying or would she just say it was Megan's way of coping with the death of someone close to her? She had to tell someone about what was happening before she completely lost her mind. "Mom, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, honey. What's the matter?"

" I have been having unusual experiences since grandpa passed away. I could swear that I am seeing him at the end of my bed. It feels like I could possibly be losing my mind because there is no way he could possibly be there. He is dead."

" I don't want to scare you sweetheart but you could possibly be seeing him that is because we are family of mediums. I have been able to see and hear things for years."

" So you are saying that I am not completely losing my mind," Megan said.

"That is exactly what I am saying. I did not want to tell you until you had an experience of your own because if you did not I did not want you to think that you were a member of a family of freaks."

"Thanks mom," Megan said. "It makes me feel a lot better now that I know I am not the only one dealing with this. When it first happened I thought I had cracked."

" Glad I could help to put your mind at ease. If you need to talk I am always here for you."

"Thanks mom."

" Good night honey and don't be worried about what you are seeing."

Chapter 2

It would be many years before Megan would have another encounter with the spirit world . It was also during a time of great family trauma. Her uncle had just been diagnosed with inoperable cancer. One night she was lying in her bed when her grandfather showed up and sat down next to her. This time was different though he spoke to her.

"Hey sweetheart," he said.

"Hi grandpa. Why are you here tonight?"

" Honey, Uncle George isn't going to make it?"

" What do you mean Uncle George isn't going to make it?"

"Meg, this is a battle he can't win."

"Why are you coming to me? Why not mom or grandma?"

" Your uncle had decided he needed to tell your mom himself. They are so close that he thought it better for her to hear it straight from him. As for grandma, she is not really open to this type of stuff."

"What you are saying is that Uncle George will lose the same battle you did? Will you be there to greet him when he arrives? Will there be a friendly face there for him?"

"Yes I will be there for him and I will be there for my family as I always have been."

"Grandpa, I love you."

" I love you too sweetheart. Remember look inside your heart and I will always be there ." Then he slowly faded away until he was gone.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers