Being Odd

Poem Info
254 words
4.86
1.9k
1
4
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Being Odd

Being odd has side effects. Standing out from the crowd cultivates insecurity and brings attention whether it's desired or not. There is companionship too. The odd understand. The odd share life experiences. We find each other.


Flaunting Oddity

People flock to see, feel, and experience us. There are sites dedicated to us: large clitoris, tiny penis, gargantuan breasts, tiny breasts, elephant trunk penis, amputees, transgender, kinks of all kinds, … These sites cater to everyone seeking the unusual, the new, the different, and the voyeuristic excitement of seeing something odd. But, why do we reveal ourselves? Why do we flaunt our oddity?


Embracing Dissonance

You fill the deepest recesses of your psyche with humiliation and inadequacy. A genuine compliment rings hollow. You want to accept it, but your gut judges the sentiment insincere. The compliment lies outside the familiar universe of degradation and compelled submission. You consciously want to be nurtured, but feeling genuine, authentic, and secure requires embarrassment. This is cognitive dissonance. You long for acceptance and still reject it.

Accepting Love

You relish shame. You embrace humiliation even while dreading it. What's more exciting than facing fear head-on? It's liberating to be exposed. The worst has happened and you have survived. You are justly proud. You may even discover acceptance - not because of your shame or in spite of it - but because you are you. Facing embarrassment and finding acceptance justifies risk. You need a mate who humiliates you while loving you - to make it real.

Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
Bert_FeggBert_Feggabout 10 years ago
What people forget about "Normality"...

...is that everything under the bell curve is "normal", it's just that some aspects of normality are also rather uncommon :)

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
Real people

See real people and appreciate difference, and understand that everyone has "odd" that they either hide, display or ignore. There are a lot of shmucks but a lot more real people out there than you might expect, LItttle Show.

HarryHillHarryHillover 10 years ago
Guess I'm not

odd after all. no vote and no agreement on all of your points.

LesseloovesPeterLesseloovesPeterover 10 years ago

Excellent. Very unstandable, even to us oddies out here.