Creating Shadows

Poem Info
110 words
4.75
6.3k
16
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
todski28
todski28
19 Followers

Twilight that infinitesimal place
between night and day,
you remind me of
darkness and light,
bound together in a moment
photographed on your soul
dancing between the setting
of the sun and
the rising of the moon

why transition to night
when we can bridge light
and shade
complexities in charms
wrapped in lovers
arms,
the colour of happenstance,
whole in substance,
passion red sky
in twilights eye
hang between the time
of shadow and light
suspend me in your colours

twilight experienced
thrice a day,
sun rise, sun set and
when at last our eyes met
that instant pales all else,
leaving nothing but shadows
in our wake

todski28
todski28
19 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
15 Comments
MyaFeelsMyaFeelsover 3 years ago
Stunning

I felt the electricity of your last line.

CleardaynowCleardaynowalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

I was drawn to this by seeing that someone had favourited it and as I seldom see one by you, I went to read this. OK, you do occasionally put one in Erotic Poetry but I seldom go there as ‘erotic’ poems like ‘erotic’ photographs seldom are. And those that aren’t can be quite depressing. Anyway, I do end up reading your erotic poems – which are both erotic and very good – long after everyone else and find myself reluctant and almost shy to leave a comment. I am glad to see I did on ‘Accounting & Building’.

This is lovely and evocative and deserves its favouriting.

I do have one constructive comment. You twice use a word out of common use. One works I think - ‘happenstance’ (incidentally not on the banned list of ‘poetic’ words used by the Victorians) which just hangs in the air beautifully. ‘Thrice’ is a pity and I think you would be better with ‘three times’. ‘Thrice’ sticks out like a sore thumb and draws the eye and mind impeding the message, emotional or rational, from being conveyed. In my opinion.

I look forward to seeing your next poem, erotic or otherwise.

TrixareforkidsTrixareforkidsalmost 10 years ago
Transfixed

Every once in a while I become transfixed by a single line. In this case it's "the colour of happenstance". First it made me smile, then it made me wonder, which caused me to ponder and...transfixed I began to sense it until it finally bloomed revealing itself. Thank you, it's quite a lovely colour.

todski28todski28almost 10 years agoAuthor
to tsotha

It is both her personality but also her as a person in a relationship you have peaks and troughs highs and lows dark and light. If you can find those perfect moments that you share it makes it all worth it.

Show More