A Crumbling Mind

Poem Info
121 words
4.77
8.1k
12
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wakingDown
wakingDown
653 Followers

A fading darkness behind the eyes
     Leaving behind a pillar of lies
Exposing a framework of cries
     And a crown of bone

The deep sparks of the mind
     Begin to lose their bind
Cutting out the ability to find
     A mind to call your own

Great circuits fall quiet for ever
     Leaving no more endeavor
To banish the skin of night in the never
     And no sight in the light shone

The gears soon turn without guide
     Purpose is gone to hide
A blind and rumbling thing to side
     With whatever means brings home

A reason to push and go on
     Even as the means are gone
Left without logic to lean upon
     And reap the madness it has sown

wakingDown
wakingDown
653 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dark, light, destiny

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
beautiful, harrowing, haunting.

Hang on. This poem resonated with me due to my own struggles with cognitive...difficulties, but it hit me twice as hard after reading your bio. God may seem uncaring, cruel or nonexistent, given what you've been through, but he is real and he saved me when I was too much of a pussy to fight any longer. I'm not telling you to "trust in God" or anything in that vein, I'm just taking it upon myself, impertinent bugger that I am, to tell you hang on. Hold on. You are not as alone as you might feel. I don't know you, but I have known others in similar situations with similar torments, and I've feared fir my sanity and wished that I didn't wish for death myself due to crippling physical injuries and disease. Others help me now and helped me then, and a kind word of support always made me simultaneously resentful and grateful, paradoxical though that might seem. I'm just hoping that if you read this it makes you laugh at the crazy jackass rambling incomprehensibly rather than pissing you off because who the hell am I to tell you to hang on or anything like that? Anyway, God bless, and Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Powerful poem

A mind left without logic is damaged indeed, how do you find the means to go on in the situation? "Great circuits fall quiet forever' is a particularly poignant line.

AngelineAngelinealmost 11 years ago
Not a fan of end-rhymes

usually but your writing it so good it almost overcomes the banal rhythm of the rhyming. I suspect this is a form I'm just not recognizing at the moment. In any case, it's becoming clear that you can't write a bad poem. :-)

Thanks for the read,