Advice

Poem Info
318 words
2
2.3k
00
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
susansnow
susansnow
42 Followers

Dry your eyes little one what you did matters little in the grand scheme of things. I know it feels big like an elephant's tusks or seven curious deer but this too shall pass. Your prayers have been heard and are on file for processing. I know the death was unexpected now you are in the stages of grief the tears will stop once love becomes hate and your heart hardens and withers to the size of a corn kernel. Maize. Until then, best to keep far away from errant flames. There is no more warmth for you. Nothing to cook with. Everything is tepid for you. You will begin to trust the luke-warm. If you can make it through, if you can make it through. You've been driving in circles since the day you were born time to slow the pace, time to explore something outside yourself. Your mother had many hobbies until she found her true calling in hard labor. Your father had drink, guns and a badge but no connections. You thought it would be easy this living thing when you touched and felt you should have known the low would match the high. No one cares about your cards, colors, numbers, or feathers. No one. It is just a game girl and when you see that you will be who you were meant to be. Look, advice is free and you get what you pay for but it breaks my heart to see you like this. The cement side of the levee echoes voices ships that you can see but can they see you and are they even looking out? A hiding place for lovers, the lonely and broken. Graffiti and dangerous empty coke bottles but the rush of the river the smell of grass from the other side cars whir by oblivious of the side they cannot see. Was this your first time?

susansnow
susansnow
42 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous