Best Friends Forever Ch. 02

Story Info
Even through tough times, best friends survive.
1k words
4.42
16.9k
3
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/18/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

Katie sat in the front row and watched nervously as Bill rocked from foot to foot. It was a beautiful summer day and Bill and Cathy were getting married. Katie stared at Bill in his suit and tie. His long lean frame was standing straight and he looked stunning in his gray suit with black tie. He had gotten his hair cut and his goatee trimmed. He was wearing his contacts so he didn't look so geeky in his glasses. He looked right at Katie and winked. She winked back.

The wedding ceremony went by quickly and Katie forgot most of the details. She knew that Cathy walked up the aisle in a stunning white dress and that Bill and Cathy's mom both cried as they said their vows. Katie did notice the rings that they exchanged. She had been the one to pick out Cathy's engagement ring. It was a simple platinum band with a two-carat solitaire diamond. She was wearing that on her right hand as Bill slipped the matching band onto her left hand. She watched as they kissed after exchanging vows.

The reception was a really fun time. All their high school friends had been invited and it was like a reunion. Katie had stumbled home around two in the morning. She had been the last to leave. She had barely gotten her dress off before she collapsed in her bed. She had slept until eleven the next morning and after having a shower and eating breakfast, she tried practicing her piano, but the pounding headache she had from the hangover wasn't helping. She ended up lying in bed for the rest of the day.

Before long, it was September and Katie had barely spoken to Bill. She had received a call when he had returned from their honeymoon. They had gone to Niagara Falls and Katie had teased Bill on how typical it was. Everyone went to Niagara Falls for his or her honeymoon. She had been invited up to Bill's cottage for the August long weekend, but had declined. She was behind in her piano practicing and her practical grade seven exam was the first week of September. Starting third year university, she was so busy that she realized she hadn't heard from Bill in over a month. By the time October came around, it was getting embarrassing for either of them to call the other. Luckily they ran into each other outside the grocery store.

"Katie!"

Katie spun around and saw Bill rushing across the parking lot. She was wearing gray sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt with flip-flops. It was an exceptionally warm October day, but knowing the Canadian weather system, it could be snowing tomorrow.

"Hi Bill. How are you doing? I haven't seen you in the longest time."

"Yeah I know. After the long weekend, work got so busy and Cathy and I have been trying to spend every weekend at the cottage. You know my parents gave it to us as a wedding present."

"Really?" Katie was leaning against her beat up green four-door sedan. She had to tilt her head up to talk to Bill since she was so short and he was so tall.

"Yeah. Well I mean Cathy's parents gave us a house so my parents felt the need to give us something as well."

"A house? Wow. How is Cathy?"

"She's great. Listen, I have to go. We're having her parents over for dinner tonight. We have something special to tell them. I am going to call you tomorrow and we're going to hang out."

Katie caught on to exactly what Bill was saying. She smiled.

"When is she due?" Bill blinked and then smiled. He could never keep anything from Katie and even though he hadn't really said that Cathy was pregnant, Katie knew exactly what he meant when he said they had something special to tell them.

"March fifteenth. I joked that if she gives birth on her due date we could name him or her Julius. You know, as in the ides of March, Julius Caesar."

Both of them laughed. Even though they hadn't seen each other in over two months they were both relieved to know that their relationship hadn't changed.

Bill did indeed call Katie the next day and they made arrangements to go out to dinner. Due to both of their schedules it was almost three weeks before they both had a free night. Cathy was gone on training for the week and Bill decided that going out for dinner would be a nice treat. He waited for Katie outside Danny's, a local restaurant. He saw Katie walk through the parking lot. She had her blonde hair in a ponytail and was wearing jeans and a sweater. She had her red winter jacket undone and had on the matching gloves and scarf that Bill's mom had given her as a Christmas present a few years ago.

"Hi. I hate winter."

"Yes princess. I know. Come on in."

Bill wrapped his arm around Katie and they entered the restaurant. They were seated quickly and began to chat.

"So how are things Katie?"

"Great. School is going very well this year. I'm taking some geography courses and I'm going to apply for teacher's college in January. I did my grade seven piano exam in September and received high honors. It's one level lower then exceptional honors. I'm not doing piano anymore though. I don't have a lot of time. What about you?"

By this time, Bill was frowning. He was listening intently to his best friend, but at the same time was desperate to tell Katie what was going on with his life. He didn't want to ruin her excitement.

"That's great Katie. What grades do you want to teach?'

By this time, their food had arrived and they grinned, knowing that after all these years they always ordered the same thing. Katie had chicken nachos without jalapenos and Bill had ordered a steak with fries. Katie spent the whole evening chatting away. As the bill arrived she looked up and saw that Bill wasn't looking happy.

"What's wrong? Fuck. I just spent the whole evening talking. I'm sorry. You know I can talk anyone's ear off. How's married life?"

"She wants a divorce."

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers