Consolation Prize

Story Info
There must be some compensations when your husband's in Iraq.
787 words
3.35
31.2k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PHL1013
PHL1013
5 Followers

It all began at the meeting. Jane was one of about 20 women (and a handful of men) to attend the meeting at Fort Sill. The sober crowd had been called together by Colonel Jenkins, the base commander. They knew why they were there. Their husbands, wives, sons, daughters, boyfriends, etc., had just had their tours of duty in Iraq extended.

The Colonel was upbeat. Their unit had good leadership, things were going better, their kids at the base school would get special attention, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Jane was not impressed; in fact, she was depressed. As she stumbled out of the meeting she collided with another woman.

"Oh, sorry," she said. "God! Three more months! Those presentations get under my skin."

"Me too," agreed the other woman, who then introduced herself. "I'm Melissa Block."

"Jane Frager. Say, are you free for lunch? Maybe we could at least commiserate."

"Great idea," said Melissa. "But I have to get back to my sitter who's with my one year old. Maybe next week sometime?"

A week later Jane and Melissa sat, sipping wine in Jane's living room, chatting about their kids, the base school system and other such everyday concerns.

After a sip of wine Melissa said: "Y'know, it's kind of embarrassing but as much as I miss Chuck, his thoughtfulness, his skills as a father and all that, I really, really miss the sex."

"Yeh," Jane agreed, "I know what you mean. I'll tell you, though. I confess to having at least a partial solution to that problem."

"I'm not sure I want to hear this," Melissa said tentatively, "but tell me more."

"Let me get you another glass of wine."

Jane went to the kitchen, came back with the wine and went upstairs. She returned, holding something behind her back.

"This," she said, "is the answer," and whipped out a small vibrator.

"What on earth is that?"

"It's called a vibrator and when you hold it down here," Jane gestured between her legs, "it can give you a very good ride. Here, you try it," she said, turning it on.

Melissa took the sex toy very gingerly and lowered it softly to her lap.

"Uh, I don't think you'll get the full picture that way. Look, loosen that belt on your jeans and put that thing down next to your skin. I'll work on our sandwiches and leave you to experiment."

A few minutes later Jane took the tuna melts out of the toaster oven and returned to the living room. Melissa sat with her eyes closed, grinding away with the vibrator. Almost before she knew what she was doing Jane quietly put down the sandwich plates, walked over to Melissa and put a hand on each breast. Melissa's eyes opened in surprise and she involuntarily recoiled, but after a moment she closed her eyes again and leaned forward into the kneading of Jane's warm hands and the soft pinches on her nipples. After a few brief moments her body convulsed, she moaned and let out a deep sigh. This was followed by a heartfelt hug around Jane's waist.

Jane immediately apologized. "I'm sorry; I shouldn't have done that, but when I saw how you were doing I just wanted to help."

"Oh, that's OK. I understand. Geez, this thing really packs a wallop. Where'd you get it?"

"There's a store in the city...The Pleasure something. Say, I have to go into Lawton this week for a doctor's appointment. Would you like me to get you one?"

"That would be great. Let me pay you now."

"No, no, you can reimburse me after."

After lunch they agreed to meet at Melissa's the following Friday.

On the appointed day Jane stood on Melissa's doorstep with the new vibrator in her purse. After a lunch of fruit salad and a glass of wine the two women sat over tea and cookies.

"Have you got the machine?" Melissa asked, in a low conspiratorial voice.

"Yes, it's right here," Jane responded huskily, handing over the box. They both laughed.

"Look," Melissa said, "first, I want to pay you for it, and second, I want to thank you for –well, maybe not saving my life, but definitely preserving my sanity."

"Oh, that's OK," Jane said. "Twenty dollars covers it and you're more than welcome."

"No," Melissa said, "I mean it. I took the afternoon off so I could also repay you in kind."

"I see," Jane said, "and what would you say if I told you that I told the folks at work I might not be back this afternoon and I also brought...this!" And she whipped out her own vibrator. They both giggled.

"Well then," Melissa said, "let's go upstairs.

PHL1013
PHL1013
5 Followers