Dead Heat: Shattered Hearts Ch. 02

Story Info
Pete asks Fyona to lunch.
1k words
4.61
38.6k
2

Part 15 of the 28 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 04/05/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
velvetpie
velvetpie
1,286 Followers

When Fyona fainted, I caught her easily, swung her into my arms and took her inside. I headed for the living room, deposited her on the couch, closed the front door and fetched her a glass of water from the kitchen. When I returned to her side, she was stirring, trying to sit upright.

“Wait, Mrs. Washington. Don’t sit up too fast.” I leaned over her and my heart melted when her caramel brown eyes filled with tears.

“Mykal … “

“Mrs. Washington … “

“Don’t call me that.” She sat up, taking the glass of water that I offered. “I got rid of that name when I got rid of Ronnie. And besides, my name’s Fyona.”

“All right, Fyona.”

“Is Mykal safe?”

“Yes. He hasn’t harmed him. From what we’ve been able to piece together, Ronnie showed up at school and took him out.”

“Why didn’t they call me?”

“Because he’s Mykal’s father. They didn’t see any problem with it.”

“Mykal would have never gone anywhere with Ronnie.”

“He would if Ronnie threatened to hurt you again.” I watched as my words took hold and unshed tears glistened in her eyes again. “I remember Mykal. He would do anything to protect you.” As she battled her tears, I recalled his little voice telling me that he had stabbed his father, not her. He didn’t want his father to hurt her again. “Does Ronnie have any friends?”

“Drinking buddies mostly. Buddies when you’ve got drink. A few of them have shown up here from time to time, pretending to ask about Ronnie and beg for money.”

I bristled, thinking about the scum who would prey on this woman. “They cause you any problems?”

“Not when I answer the door with my .45.” The smile she gave me made me feel like the sun had returned after a long rainy period. “I’m usually not stupid more than once.”

“Good for you.” I laughed. I found myself wanting to know what had happened in her life since our first meeting. If there had been anyone else to make her laugh or cry. If there still was. “Well, I’d better get going. I’ll keep you updated.”

“All right.”

“And if you think of anything else, be sure to let me know. Here’s my number.”

I gave her one of my official cards and watched her read it over. “Thanks, Mr. Stoneham.”

“It’s Pete, Mrs. … “

“Hughes, Miss Hughes.” She supplied. “My maiden name.”

I sighed with a bit of relief. So she hadn’t remarried but that didn’t mean that she was single. She probably wouldn’t want to go out with me anyway. “I’ll see you.”

“Thanks again, Pete.”

When I went to sleep that night, I had dreams of her calling my name while I plowed into her creamy chocolate pussy. I only hoped that my dreams would come true.

*****

I worked on Mykal’s case with a vengeance. We were able to trace Ronnie’s movements from the prison to the school, but after that, the trail went cold. None of his old buddies had seen him or would own up to seeing him. Three of them had outstanding warrants, so we were at least able to get them off the street and cut off any possible aid Ronnie could get from them.

I found Fyona occupying my thoughts during downtime. I kept remembering her beautiful smile, the softness of her lips and her straight white teeth. I wondered what she tasted like. I thought about going by her house, just to say hello or something but I couldn’t come up with a good enough excuse to ask her out.

I spent Sunday morning at the gun range as I usually did, honing my already fantastic skills and was surprised to find myself outgunned. The person in the next booth had shot the center right out of the target. Poking my head around the corner, I was even more surprised to find Fyona reloading her cartridge with reloads.

“Fyona!”

She looked up and graced me with a warm smile. My cock plumped in direct reaction. “Hi, Pete. How are you?”

“I should be asking the same of you.” I quickly filled her in on what we’d uncovered. “It wasn’t enough information to warrant calling you but since you’re here … “

“That was quick work for just one day.”

I didn’t want to tell her that I’d pushed all my other cases to the side for hers. “I had a lot of help.”

“Thanks for all you’re doing, Pete. I really appreciate it. I just hope … “ Her brave façade crumbled and she turned away, slamming the cartridge home.

“He won’t hurt Mykal. He’s doing this to hurt you.”

“I know.” Her voice was quivering but her gun hand was stone. I watched as she loosed off several shots, all perfectly targeting the center disk. “But he’ll never have a chance to do that again.”

“Listen, I … “ When she fixed those eyes on me, I lost my train of thought. Fuck it. At least I can be honest. She had caught one of her plump lips between those pearly whites and I was so entranced. I wanted to run my tongue over those teeth and into her mouth. I wanted to feel those teeth biting my lips, my fingers, my nipples …

“Pete?”

“I’m sorry, Fyona. I just wanted to know if you’d be interested in having some lunch with me.” There. I’d said it. The half-smile on her face died a slow death as did my heart.

“Lunch? You want to have lunch with me?”

The note of incredulity in her voice made my heart leap in my chest. “Absolutely! Who wouldn’t want to have a beautiful woman eating lunch across the table from him?”

“Even if she’s black?”

“Especially if she’s black.” I couldn’t believe I’d said that. I hadn’t really intended on saying it. It just came out. But when I saw the smile grow on her face and the way it lit her eyes, I was glad I was a bumbling idiot.

“Then yes, Pete. I’d be glad to have lunch with you.”

velvetpie
velvetpie
1,286 Followers