Distractions Ch. 07

Story Info
Red has questions; Gavin has answers.
10k words
4.74
50k
24

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 11/01/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HotSprings22
HotSprings22
1,169 Followers

_(*(*(-)*)*)_

I woke up on the couch disorientated, still confused about what happened last night. I fell asleep in front of the television trying to determine if I really heard Gavin say he'd wait forever for me. I nearly gave myself a migraine trying to remember if those were his exact words of if I'd made the whole conversation up.

It was seven in the morning when I woke, and I tried to go back to sleep, hoping to keep Gavin off my mind for a little longer, but at this point, it didn't seem possible. For the better part of two hours, I stared at my phone trying to convince myself that I didn't need to hear his voice. What would be the point anyway?

He was probably still at his secretary's house sleeping off a night of monkey sex. If he did say he'd wait forever for me, and he slept with her, than that meant he's full of shit. And if he's full of shit, then I have every right to know. I need to know the kind of people I associate with. That makes sense doesn't it?

If he was still at the secretary's house, I would need to know for my own piece of mind, because clearly not knowing is detrimental to my mental health. Besides, I need to go to the mall, and he is still the only person with a key to this apartment right now, not to mention I locked my keys in my car.

By 9:15, this argument seemed perfectly logical to me, so I picked up and dialed. I didn't realize I was hoping he would confirm my fears and not answer the phone, so you can imagine how shocked I was when his surly voice replaced the ringing in my ear. I was so shocked I almost dropped the phone.

"'Ello?"

He sounded groggy from lack of sleep and as shocked that I called as I was that he answered.

"Yo." I hadn't planned on what I would say to him if he answered the phone, so I was at a loss for words. "What's up?"

"Is something wrong?"

That irritated me. He was probably still at the secretary's house and he answered like he was trying to rush me off the phone.

"No. Are you busy today?"

After a pause, he answered no.

"Wanna take me to the mall?"

"Really?" The surprise and sudden excitement threw me off for a minute.

"Yep."

"Sure, what time you wanna go?"

"How about now?" I asked smugly. If he'd spent the entire night at the secretary's, there was no way he was going to say yes, unless he was looking for an excuse to get out of her house, not that he usually needed an excuse to leave the warmth of someone else's bed the morning after.

"Okay, I'll be there in ten." The line disconnected before I could realize my plan to expose him backfired.

Shit.

Well that was a dumb idea. I sighed to myself and got off the couch. If he was going to be here in ten minutes, I had to get dressed. Well, I thought to myself, at least now I will be able to ask him what he meant by telling me he'd 'wait forever for me' last night.

I ran to my room, frantically looking for something to wear. I wanted to be ready and waiting for him downstairs. The last thing I wanted was for us to be alone in this apartment again. I couldn't begin to image what would happen if we were here alone, considering what happened when he was here with someone else. Public places were a must at this point.

I kept glancing at the clock as I threw on an outfit. Eight minutes after I'd gotten off the phone with him I heard the sound of a bike pulling up outside my building. I ran to the window and saw him shutting it off and starting to walk to the door.

"Don't come up, I'll be down in a minute!" I yelled out the window before he could get into the building.

I dug through my closet for my leather jacket and motorcycle helmet. I shoved my feet into my boots and ran out the door with a smile on my face. At least he brought his bike; today wouldn't be a complete waste.

I came out of my building and was greeted with the sight of Gavin perched on his Ninja ZX12R. My smile widened. He brought out the crotch rocket just for me. I loved this bike. If it weren't for him, I'd be too afraid to get on it myself. That thing had too much power for me. The midnight blue coloring and the chrome accents make it look menacing. In the dark or the shade, it looked black.

He watched as I pulled my long curls into a messy bun and yanked my helmet on. Gavin bought me my helmet and jacket for one of my birthdays after he got sick of seeing me with the half helmet on. He was afraid one day I'd fall off the back and crack my head open.

My jacket and helmet were the girly version of his. He made sure it was the same colors as the bike but with pink thrown in here and there. According to Gavin, it was a must that we matched when we rode together.

"So, where to, Red?" he asked after I'd zipped up my leather. He was just as excited as I was.

"Hillside mall, please."

"You didn't plan on buying a lot of stuff did you? " he asked as if the thought had just occurred to him. "All I have is the duffel bag on the back."

"Nope, I just need a few shirts." Even if I did, it wouldn't matter, I was happier about getting on the bike than I was about shopping.

"Good."

Gavin threw a leg over his bike as he straddled it and hefted it upright. He knocked the kickstand up with his heel and turned the key in the engine. I waited until he got situated before I sat on the seat behind him. Eager to get started, I wrapped my arms around him and set my chin on his shoulder waiting to feel the soothing vibrations of the bike beneath me.

Gavin pulled away from the curb as smoothly as if the bike was apart of him. He made his way to the highway then opened the throttle. I scooted myself a little closer and wrapped my arms tighter around him. I could feel the vibrations of a chuckle rumble through his body. I would have pinched him, but he wouldn't have felt it through his leather.

I was grinning the entire way to the mall, my whole motive for calling him blown away by the wind whipping past us.

We got to the mall, and roamed around without a real destination for a while. We didn't really talk much after we got off the bike, but I didn't care. After the high I felt getting off the bike, I was just fine with that.

Surprisingly, Gavin didn't complain once. It was almost as if things were back to normal between me and my best friend. He followed me around from store to store as I tried to make up my mind. I saw a lot of things I wanted but had to keep in mind my dwindling bank account and the fact that there wasn't much room on the bike for storage.

I settled for a couple shirts and a new pair of sunglasses. We were on our way out of the mall when he stopped walking.

"What?" I asked looking down. I didn't think I forgot a bag.

I watched as a sly smile began to spread across his face. That's when I looked up and realized he'd stopped in front of Victoria's Secret.

"Don't you need something from here?"

I crossed my arms, which was difficult with my bags and helmet in my hands.

"Don't ruin it now, you've been really good all day."

"Exactly." He said it like that was enough to prove his point. "Just sayin, you looked at everything in this mall but the kitchen sink, you might as well."

"I don't think so."

He pulled me out of the way of the flow of people that were starting to get angry because I was standing in the way.

"Dontcha wanna see what they have?"

"I know what they have." My arms were still crossed over my chest.

He turned on his heel and strutted into the store stopping at the first half naked display that greeted him.

"Do you like this one?" he asked loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Lets go," I said from the doorway stamping my foot.

He walked a little deeper in the store, grabbed a pair of g-strings and held them up. "These would look nice on you."

I groaned as several patrons turned to grin at the hottie with the biker helmet fingering a pair of g-strings. I tried not to be distracted by his looks. You'd think that after years and years of being a heartbeat away from such a breath taking man, my senses would have dulled. One would think...

The man look absolutely sinful holding the intimates with a wide grin across his face. His jacket was still on, but open, hanging from his broad shoulders showing his t-shirt underneath.

His loose jeans hung low on his hips hinting at their narrowness. His wheat colored Timbs were on his feet feeding into every detail of the bad-boy image. I think I may have drooled a little bit.

I ran into the store set on trying to drag him out.

He stood in the middle of Victoria's Secret with a shit-eating grin on his face dangling the panties, or lack thereof from his finger. I walked right up to him, snatched them from his hand and put them back. I grabbed his sleeve and tried to tug him to the door, but he didn't budge. Something caught his attention behind me, and he pushed me out the way and headed for another display further into the store.

"The exit is that way, Gavin," I protested trying not to shout at him in the store. I could feel a heat beginning to creep into my cheeks as people were grinning at his enthusiasm at being let loose in a panty store.

"Look at this," he said shaking his head and holding up a see through nighty.

"Gavin Michael Preston, lets go," I said using his full name. If possible, his grin got even wider. He looked extremely pleased with himself.

"This is even better." He sidestepped me again and stood directly in front of another scantily clad mannequin. "This is definitely you."

My embarrassment began to reach new heights as a sales woman made her way to us.

"I love it when couples shop for lingerie together," she said with a slight southern accent. "How long yall been together?" Gavin spoke before I could tell her we were not together.

"Two years," he said as he threw an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. The saleswoman beamed at us.

"Too few couples shop for intimates together, I think it makes a relationship stronger." Gavin was grinning like a fool. "See anything you like?" The woman asked Gavin. The fact that she wasn't even talking to me made things that much worse.

"Oh yea," he said a little too enthusiastically. "This right here."

My eyes widened in horror as my eyes rolled over what the mannequin had on. A pair of lacey see-through boy shorts and a push up demi-bra.

"Well, lets see." The woman held my jacket open to get a better look at me. She turned from us and began rummaging through one of the drawers. She pulled out a pink version of what was on the mannequin.

"Do you have one in red?" Gavin tightened his grip around my neck when I tried to wriggle free. "It kinda has special meaning to us." When the woman turned around I stomped on his foot.

He grunted and the woman turned around and asked if everything was all right.

"Peachy," I answered her. I flashed her a sarcastic smile and she turned back to rifle through another drawer.

"She's just shy," Gavin said to the woman's back. I heard her say a lot of women are.

"I will get you for this," I said under my breath so only Gavin could hear me.

He smiled his million-dollar smile and said it didn't matter. The look on my face was well worth it.

The saleswoman turned back towards me triumphantly holding out the ensemble for me to take. I was afraid to touch it.

"Umm...no thanks." I was redefining the word mortification.

"Go on honey," the woman said sweetly. "Try it on."

"No, no, that's okay." I stood there awkwardly staring at the pile of lace the woman was trying to hand me. Gavin took it from her and turned to me.

"Yea honey, c'mon, try it on." The saleswoman nodded her head and started walking towards the dressing rooms. Gavin had me in a near headlock as he trailed after the woman. I reached in his jacket and pinched his side. He groaned again and told me it was going to take more than that to keep him from enjoying this.

I stood in front of the dressing room staring at the door and the woman holding it open for me. I looked back and forth from her face to Gavin's. Both of them were looking at me smugly and Gavin looked like he as fighting fits of laughter.

I snatched the lace from Gavin's hand and marched into the dressing room. At least in there, I'd be away from the two of them. I couldn't believe this, women were supposed to stand up for other women, and this crazy lady totally threw me under the bus.

I watched as the saleswoman raised her eyebrows suggestively then shut the door. This was unbelievable. She'd only met Gavin three minutes ago and already he had her wrapped around his finger.

I stood in front of the mirror staring at the lace in my hand. It was out of morbid curiosity that I began to wonder what I would look like with the soft red silk against my skin. My curiosity won me over as I began peeling off my clothes.

I felt weird getting naked in a plywood box filled with mirrors so I turned my back so I wouldn't have to see myself. Carefully I stepped into the lace boy-shorts and pulled them up. They sat low on my hips and suggestively encased the globes of my behind. I removed my bra, shrugged into the demi-bra and clasped it in the front.

Hesitantly I turned toward the mirror to assess the damage. Good Lord, I thought to myself. It's a good thing I shaved, because these panties barely covered me. If you looked, you could see the definite outline of my pussy lips. I turned to the side to see how my butt looked. I was pleasantly surprised. I had to admit, these things made my ass look big and juicy.

I turned to admire my chest. Gavin was right; the red against my skin did look good. My breasts were impossibly squeezed together giving me more cleavage than I naturally had. I looked at my breasts shocked, the top of the cup barely covered my nipples, maybe it was too small.

I couldn't help but imagine what it would feel like to have Gavin slide my panties to the side and ease himself into me. Right here, right up against this mirror. The feel of him stretching – STOP THAT! I scolded myself. Stop that right now.

A knock on the door startled me out of my assessment, and I felt a blush creep into my cheeks. I felt like I'd been caught red-handed.

"Red, let me see!" Gavin shouted from the other side of the door.

"Hell no!" I replied panicked. There is no freakin way he could see me like this. This is not something a best friend sees another best friend in.

"C'mon, honey," the sales woman, said. I rolled my eyes. There is no way they were going to get me out of here. "Show your man what he's getting."

Christ.

Before I could correct the saleswoman and try to explain to her that the Neanderthal standing next to her on the other side of the door was not my man, Gavin yelled out, "If you don't come out, I'm coming in."

"Oh no you're not."

"I could always look through these little slats in the door."

"No! Don't you dare!" I shouted. If he was going to see me, I didn't need it to be because he was spying on me.

"Are you willing to bet on that?"

Audibly, I gulped.

How the hell do I always end up in these retarded situations? Sure, I needed to come to the mall, but I hadn't bet on this when I called him this morning. It started out as a way to find out if he'd slept with his secretary, and here I am half naked in Victoria's Secret with my best friend on the other side of the door trying to coax me out. Not to mention, I still had no idea if he'd slept with his secretary or not.

It was clear now that the logic I'd seen no flaw in this morning was based on quick sand. Too bad I hadn't realized this sooner.

"Come out, or I'm coming under the door." I heard him drop his helmet on the floor.

"Okay, okay," I said shakily. It's like a bathing suit, right? Nothing he hasn't seen before.

I turned back to the mirror and tired to cover more of my breasts with the bra cup...it didn't really work. I tried to pull the crotch of the panties away from me a little bit; I didn't need him seeing my pussy lips either.

"I think it's too small."

"Let me see and I will tell you," he answered smugly, and almost breathlessly.

"I hate you," I said under my breath. Both Gavin and the saleswoman heard me and laughed.

Just like a bathing suit.

Well, it wasn't just like a bathing suit, at least one I ever wore, so I grabbed my shirt and held it in front of my waist. He didn't need to see all of me.

Cautiously, I peaked my head out the door. "Come closer, I don't want anyone else to see me."

Gavin was still grinning as he stepped closer to the door, shielding the opening with his body. The saleswoman took the hint and left the dressing room.

I opened the door a wider by a fraction. "Don't laugh."

"I won't."

"Promise."

"Promise, I won't laugh," he said raising his fingers like a boy scout.

I opened the door wider and his smile died on his face, his eyes glazed over expressionless. I felt naked as they started at my chest and slid down my body.

"Move the shirt," he said through clenched teeth.

"No."

"Move it, or I will," he said as his eyes met mine. Numbly, trying not the think about the consequences of this moment, I slowly slid the shirt from in front of me. How bad could it really be?

His eyes raked down the front of my body and stopped at the front of my panties, and I knew he could see everything. I've never felt so vulnerable in my life.

"I told you, its too small," I whined. I couldn't believe I was standing here like this. I felt like a total ass.

"It's not too small."

I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't want you to laugh, but I didn't want you to look at me like a freak either."

I tired to slam the door in his face, but he caught it. "You're not a freak." He didn't say it too convincingly. His breath was coming out too fast, like he was trying not to run from me screaming bloody murder.

Before the tears that were threatening to spill could get their chance to make an appearance, I tugged the door from his grasp and slammed the door shut. I watched as his feet stood in front of the door for a minute, then I saw him pick up his helmet and leave the dressing room.

Why the hell were men even allowed in this dressing room? I wondered angrily. And why the fuck am I always crying around him? It didn't matter now; he'd already seen me naked, or nearly there. The damage was officially done. I didn't feel this bad after we'd had sex in the coffee shop. At least I still had my clothes on. That felt like it happened years ago.

Angrily, I yanked the delicate lace from my body berating myself because I never should have called him, let alone let him talk me into something as absurd as this. What the fuck was I thinking?

He was only the second person to see me so vulnerable and he'd reacted just about the same way Wilson had, except Wilson felt the need to express his dislike out loud instead of running from me.

I got my clothes back on, wiped the spilled tears from my face and marched out the door with my head high. I hung the lingerie on the outside of the door, and realized the view Gavin must have gotten of my backside as I stood with my back to the mirror. Predictably, my face grew hotter.

Still trying to shake the thoughts from my head, I walked out of the dressing room. I scanned the store looking for Gavin. My shopping trip was officially over.

He's probably in the corner somewhere trying to get my image out of his head.

On my second sweep, I noticed him leaning against the counter talking to a petite brunette. Great, the sight of me drove him directly into the arms of another woman. If that isn't the story of my life, I don't know what is.

I am never taking my clothes off for anyone ever again. My best friend can't even look at me.

I walked up next to him feeling dejected and rejected. Gavin looked startled as he shoved something into the inner pocket of his jacket.

HotSprings22
HotSprings22
1,169 Followers