Free Speech

Story Info
In defense of vilified writers.
1.5k words
4.05
18.5k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
H20wader
H20wader
306 Followers

the ravings of a lunatic. This may be copied, distributed and folded, spindled and mutilated as the reader see fit.

*****

Free speech and the vilification of some the writers on the site:

I have often been amazed at what readers will say to and about the people who post material here on Literotica.

I write and I post to share but I have a thick skin. And above all I want is to post the best tale I can. Hell Yes, I like the good things people say in the comments. I enjoy the negatives also. Mostly I laugh at them. The one I treasure are the ones that tell me how to do it better. Those are the best kind.

I have been cursed, had my manhood attacked and scorned by readers. I have read public comments that seem to be a full scale frontal assault on the writer of stories.

Over the last two years (more or less) I still leave the challenge to all readers to "Lay on Macduff and damned be he who cries hold enough."

Some writers cannot say this. For them each attack is personal and deeply felt. It hurts to be called names and have sanity and human feelings questions. Yet they continue to post.

Read some of the comments and it appears that most (all?) of the readers who are very brutal in their comments always seem to be named 'Anonymous'.

I have talked this over with other writers and we have shared comments that seem to be typical of the insulting genre. One of the least insulting but again typical is :

Anonymous Comments: Still pumping up you ego - well if no one else will you should - by the lack of "H"s for the last 83 stories perhaps you should realize we are tired of the male humiliation and of your mug and life story which is hard to believe that anyone could do that for you or for you without being blind. (Spelling and run on sentence left as is.) There is no vulgar words, no curses, and no doubt of 'Anomymous's' entent.

This comment was emailed to a woman writer.

So the question arises, Do I read her stories? The answer is simple, I read one and I did not finish it. I did not like it. Humiliation is not my 'thing'. From either direction, a human should not be treated in that manner.

Ah, the next question, why do I step out to raise my shield to defend this writer (one misty morgan? Because I am a 'writer'. She writes and posts in a public place where the reader decides to read or not to read. As do all of the people who post on a public bulletin board. Simply because we post should we not be subject to common courtesy. I cannot appeal to all readers. Therefore I do the best I can. I will accept the slings and arrors as they come, but please be fair.

I believe that the writer of this particular comment is devoted in that he reads all for her stories posted and then repeatedly writes the same insulting trash to her. He appears to love to blame HER for his continuing enjoyment of her stories. Why would anyone read 83 tales of female domination and male humiliation if he did not like them?

I like most writers know that my stories will not be liked by all. I would be ecstatic if my writing were liked by just 10% of the readers. I would never ask a writer what the reader count for any story is. I would indeed feel lucky if I could just get 1000 reader to read my stories.

However it is a free and open site (with damn few restrictions), all stories will be posted. It is free speech at its best. Any one may post and anyone may leave a comment.

Ain't Free Speech just wonderful?

My first attempt to raise questions about this treatment of writers was rejected. It was suggested that my defense would be better placed in the FORUMS. Where only a damn few go and fewer read. I find that idea repulsive. So I will rewrite and try again. And if rejected again I will try yet another rewrite.

Is it not bad form to snipe from the bushes?

Do not hide away and snipe from the bushes. Step out into the light. Take your fight public.

Some writer write for the LOVING Wives, Others for other sections. I like loving wives because I get more readers. I find that placing my story in Loving Wives I can double and often triple my reader count. I do not always write about cheating wives and I will admit to damn little sex. (Just enough to hold the 'claim' of loving wives.

I do NOT expect readers to read me if they do not like what I write. It makes no sense to me that a reader would read 83 stories and then complain about the writer.

Anonymous Comments: Still pumping up you ego - well if no one else will you should - by the lack of "H"s for the last 83 stories perhaps you should realize we are tired of the male humiliation and of your mug and life story which is hard to believe that anyone could do that for you or for you without being blind. (Spelling and run-on sentence left as is.)

I wonder how the reader justifies this to himself? Of course I will never know.

Why would a person who hates these type of stories read 83 of them?

I have no idea. I would welcome a dialogue with someone who could tell me.

I do understand the need for the Anonymous method of comments. It allows for the hidden identity of the person who would not like to be seen as a reader of PORN. And I will not get into a battle on the definition of Porn. I find it to be what ever the reader says it to be.

But why read something that displeases you this much? Hell, if you know the story and it will upset you, Why read the damn thing? Freedom of speech means that you chose what you read. So why read what makes you angry? It is after all a matter of choice. This in not the war (Veitman, please) where the reading was enough to turn the opposition to the war into war into hatern and scorn for the brave men who fought there.

And why hide behind Anonymous? Possibly fearful of retribution? A few well chosen words from a writer?

If the tale offends you, good. If you elect not to read others by the writer, GOOD. But to rant and rave from the bushes is child-like, allow people to wonder why you do it, and make the commenter appear a fool. Why read 83 stories if they annoy you?

I do not like a of lot of the tales on LIT. Pain and love /sex I cannot read. Domination by either party, I cannot condone. To act to hurt and destroy a woman or man because of pain from an affair (regardless of the length) is inhumane.

As a reasonable adult (yes I know there are questions about that???), I wonder how often the writer thinks of the children in a divorce. How much more pain should others suffer to end a single person's agony? The people of the Cheyenne tribe in the early days would often cut themselves to help the pain caused by the death of a loved one. I am not ready to do that.

This misty morgan tried to write a reason for her tales. The Anonymous blasted her for that. Is he so stupid that he does not see Misty as a women who controls her pain and anger by writing it out. She leads a normal life with a great valve for venting. Hey WOW girl, go baby go.

I do not like what she writes, but damn it all to hell I will die in her defense to write and post what she bloody well pleases.

Now those that wish to attack writers have a new area for their attacks. ME! Here I stand. Attack me. I will accept the blows in the name of Free Speech and in defense of a Lady.

Now again this may be rejected. I kinda expect it. But the battle for Free Speech is not just fought by those who wish to throw stones, but by every writers who post on a public site and ask not for readers but for some respect.

Sure this might be better posted as a FORUM item. But this is an open site and to get the readers I must post it more openly.

How many readers actually open the Forums in say a week? How many open the loving wives?

I am the h20wader

*****

These are too the raving of a lunatic.

Lay on Macduff and damned be he who cries hold enough.

H20wader
H20wader
306 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too bad H20wader has disappeared from this site. It's nice to read a free speech essay as a counterbalance to the ignorant screamers who do no better than abuse an author whose fictional characters they don't approve of. Best wishes to H20wader wherever you have gone to and thanks for standing up for maligned authors.

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
It takes different strokes to move the world

Yes it does.

The part of free speech that every writer, including myself, must accept is that the commentator is as free with his words as I was with mine. I have read the cuckold / loving wives / cheating stories in an attempt to understand what is so attractive about being torn down like that. My first reaction is that if I am insufficient in an area, and I truly love my wife, I will try to improve in that area for both our sakes. I cannot understand the man who lays down and says, "No, no honey, just take another lover. My satisfaction is your satisfaction." I read it in hopes to understand that man because I don't. I don't want to judge him as if I think I'm better than him, but I certainly cannot see myself doing what he does. It is a curiosity.

In my stories, if your first and most honest natural reaction was to hate it, then I hope that's what I was aiming for. I will sometimes create characters that are completely unlikable and have no redeeming qualities because life has those kinds of characters in it and life imitates art. Or is it art imitates life? Your first and natural reaction is what all authors should crave to draw out of the reader; a raw reaction, an emotional response or two. I'm not afraid to read something I find reprehensible so should I be afraid if someone comments negatively when they feel that way towards my writing?

The common thing is to back the protagonist and automatically dislike the antagonist. Suppose I wrote a story where the protagonist is a piece of shit for human being, would you still back him? What if the antagonist was the good guy? You want to get really philosophical, what if we are all creations in someone's mind, characters created by somebody with a pad and a pencil?

Mind blown?

What does it do to your psyche thinking that, with a stroke of a pen, you no longer live?

I say I hope that my Creator likes me and wants to keep me around for the sequel. Yes, if I will simply repent of my sins ... Wait, this seems awfully familiar. So if I am a made up character in somebody's mind and I am a horrible sinner, was I not created that way? Tales like The Iliad, The Oddesy, or Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope are the hero's journey. He starts off as an novice, gains experience, and in the end wins against insurmountable odds. Most side characters that affect his journey are generally not fleshed out as they are not germane to the story, but merely serve a specific one time purpose and never hear of them again. Well, I sure do hope I'm not one of those. I'd rather be the antagonist or the boss monster at the end of the game. At least then people waited all the way to the end to meet me.

I may come off as flippant, but it's a real question, isn't it? I confess, sometimes I read the cheating stories and I'm overjoyed that this oblivious moron doesn't put two and two together, but has the balls to act surprised at the logical outcome of neglecting his wife. So you travel all the time and have a pissed-off complaining wife you haven't fucked in months and it never enters your mind that she's might fuck other people while you're not there? Perhaps she wouldn't cheat at the beginning, but the Chinese water torture becomes a torture eventually and death by a thousand cuts is still death.

I am tempted to write a story, a good one, where every single solitary person we meet is a miserable human being you wouldn't live want to live 2 miles away from nor give 2 shits about. I wonder what my comments would be. I want the reader to say "Oh, he or she was cheated on? Good, they had it coming. I hope the rock that took out the dinosaurs does an encore. Fuck this imaginary world and every swinging dick & flapping tata in it." Yes, my goal is to write a story where you absolutely loathe every character I introduce you to. Then I want you to tell me what a shity human being I am for writing it and I'm a terrible author who can't write his way out of a paper bag.

But wait, I met my goals and elicited the severe reaction from you that I wanted.

Am I not then an awesome author? Are you not entertained?

Do I not borrow quotes from popular movies?

I'll tell you what, if I comment negatively on someone's story, I hope that I have the presence of mind to add at the end this little thought.

"If your goal was to piss off the reader, you met it. If, however, your goal was to make me fall in love with cuckolding and seek the life for myself, you did not."

" Hear ye, hear ye, I am a right bastard and the only reason I exist is to piss people off. My own mother told me she regretted not getting an abortion to my face. No one will cry at my funeral and the only reason anyone would want to attend besides the confirming my demise is for the free food afterwards. Attendees will consume it all right after they piss on the fresh dirt covering my casket all while they bond to stories about what a complete piece of shit I was and how they pray that there really is a hell for me to wake up in next to the same mother who didn't have the guts to drown me at birth."

I don't know about you, but I am dying to read a story with a character like that in it. I want to hate somebody that shity. Whether I want evil to triumph or a bad person to get their comeuppance, either way, fuck you, I'm reading it.

Maybe that's why somebody will read 83 cuckolding stories and then make negative comments afterwards. They relish being that outraged, too pissed off to properly spell and have worse sentence structure than Yoda.

Go ahead, read them all and make a terrible comment after each one. Only then, a true anonymous commentator will you be.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
i agree with zed

the wimp hubbys and happy wife sharing shit pissed me off after a whhile. there are some excellent stories on here , those i try to avoid. they have the right to post em, as i do to comment and usually avoid after . just like someone who's politics are different from mine (both sides suck in that case btw. in my case a close friend had a wife, now ex, pull things seemingly out of a story here . she lost big, only because he didn't care about the law or rules. it still hurts two years later, that's why i get a bit nasty , ive seen what really happened to people. end sermon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Free

It goes both ways. It's hard to tell if a story is one you wish you hadn't read.

I have managed to figure out some of the authors write stories that blame the victim and RAAC after a few platitudes they seem to think make a case for it.

I have also learned to skim the comments before I read so I don't waste my time on those mostly.

Nevertheless some author do try hard to make a case like that and most fail miserably and I think it is fair to point that out or another way is that it is valid criticism

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A-FREAKIN-MEN!

Five star is just not good enough. Kudos to you for raging against the machine as I decided to take my own rejections elsewhere. I got exactly the same crap from both ends coming and going and am surprised you actually got this posted. What the fuck is a forum any damn way? As far as I am concerened stories, poems and essays are forums within themselves. This would be more suited to one of our formus was nothing but a signal to me to post elsewhere, so there goes something the douche fuck commenters here would have read and tore up, off to another site to bring their readership up.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Darla and Lucy get watched Darla and Lucy clean up in the shower, but are they alone?in Lesbian Sex
Hot Neighbor Turned Craver Hot neighbor aunty could not resist further!in Mature
Breeding Her Mom Pt. 01 Teen breeds the hotties slut mom.in Mature
Change in Perspective A prude reconsiders his outlook.in Loving Wives
Queen of Hearts Tattoo A Queen of Hearts is any woman who only fucks white men.in Interracial Love
More Stories