He, She and Him

Story Info
Of course he has him, but what will they do with her!
9.1k words
4.7
85k
172

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 11/20/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
avrgblkgrl
avrgblkgrl
1,103 Followers

(I hope you like this and forgive me for starting on something new while I'm still working on "Only For One Night". But, this just came to me. Let me know if I should continue. It is quite different for me and borderlines on a different genre. Votes and comments are greatly appreciated.)

A special thanks goes to Whalee. *a slow bump&grind*

~ABG *kisses*

------------------------------------

"For a homosexual to even have the gall to say that they experience the same type of discrimination as a black person is ridiculous! You can even walk in a room and no one can fucking know you are gay. But let my black ass walk into a room and what do you think someone sees. They see a black girl and all the misconceptions they have start whirling around in their head. And, they make judgments. They do it whether I want them to or not. I can't take black off Adam, not even if I tried!"

"Not even," Adam announced, rolling his eyes. He let out a deep sigh.

Not this shit again.

Kanisha was on her soap box once more. Every thing with her was about race or sexual preference. Normally he did not mind, but tonight had been set aside for a little celebration, supposedly in his honor. Kanisha could at least pretend and kiss up to him a little, maybe buy him a drink. Adam had to laugh at that thought because it was so far fetched. Kanisha did not do things like that. Tonight he wanted to laugh and dance. He wanted Gabriel and he wanted Cara. Neither of whom were there yet. The rest of the world and all its complications could just drift away, namely Kanisha.

Adam was not normally an impatient person, but damn them for leaving him alone for so long with Kanisha. She was not 'his' friend. Kanisha was something he suffered through just to be with his friend...'his' Cara. Lately, besides Gabriel, she was the only other person he thought about. Tonight, with a whole lot of luck, Cara would play a more important role in his life. His mind was made up.

Kanisha continued harping.

He turned around and faced the room, leaning against the bar. Where is she, he thought. He was eager to see her smiling, cherubic face.

"Maybe we can find a booth in the back?" He attempted to change the subject.

"My God," Kanisha growled, "even you should be able to see that!?!"

"Even," he laughed, lifting his bottle up in the air in a mock salute before tacking a much needed gulp. He had almost forgotten what the hell she was talking about.

"Fuck you Adam," she growled, slamming her glass down on the counter. "I'm out."

Adam barely looked in her direction when she turned to leave. But, then she turned back around and faced him. He braced himself.

For the life of him, he could not figure out why she was so angry--not just now but all the time. Kanisha was beautiful in a Naomi Campbell kind of way. She was tall with dark, even chocolaty smooth skin, large bright eyes and full heart shaped lips. Accept, as always, her face was twisted into a deadly dark scowl. Fury rolled off her in waves. In the dim light of the bar, her bared white teeth made her look almost animalistic.

"You are an elitist piece of shit. They like you because you are just like them."

Adam considered Kanisha for a moment. Cara had Kanisha's smooth silky skin, but just a little creamier. Where Kanisha kept her hair in a short pixie cut, Cara had long thick jet black hair. Now that he thought about it, Kanisha and Cara could not be more different. Kanisha was as tall as he was and Cara rather short. Not midget like, but shorter than the girls he use to date when he dated girls. Kanisha growled and debated everything. Cara was always playfully laughing everything off. It was her weakness. Kanisha was pinched and narrow. Cara was by no means fat, but well-formed. Her ass was round and full, her waist small and her breast perfectly evened her out.

Adam snapped back into the moment when Kanisha dramatically smacked her lips.

She was waiting for a response, ready to pounce on Adam.

Adam calmly prepared to do what ever needed to be done to neutralize this situation and salvage the evening. He had been planning tonight in his head for quite sometime and was not about to let Kanisha ruin it. Besides, she was not even invited to begin with.

He was about to speak when over Kanisha's shoulder he caught site of Cara. She had taken her hair down from the single braid she usually wore down the back of her neck. And, she had on make up--which made him smile. Her make up was lightly applied, just the way he liked it. Her lips were a delicious soft berry color. So, she had changed clothes. That's why she was late assumed. He hadn't expected that. Beautiful, he thought to himself, looking over her lush curves--which were now more apparent to him then ever. His face lit up like a Christmas tree.

That was it. Kanisha turned around with her hands on her hips, glaring at Cara as she approached.

"I'm out."

Cara raised one eyebrow and watched her best friend march past her. She knew that it was no use in trying to stop Kay when she was in one of her moods. So, she just let her go.

"Have fun with your fag," Kanisha threw over her shoulder.

Cara's beautiful dark brown eyes spread in mock horror and she tried to suppress a laugh as she looked at Adam. "What did you do this time?"

"Not a damn thing," Adam declared, turning back to the bar and motioning for the bartender. "I asked you not to invite her."

"I didn't want to be third wheel to you and Mr. Too Fine, watching you two paw each other."

"Hey, we don't paw. We're like an old married couple. There is absolutely no PDA."

"I find that hard to believe," Cara smiled, moving into his extended arm and placing a light kiss on his cheek. "How could he possibly keep his hands off of you?"

Adam returned the kiss, and then moved his lips across her cheek, closer to her ear. "Please don't make a mistake and call him Mr. Too Fine. He'll know it came from me and assume that we have been talking about him."

"But, we have," Cara teased, pulling back just a little to look into Adam's pleading eyes.

How anyone could resist such a beautiful man, she thought. Without thinking she ran her hand over his clean shaven head. She had no idea why he had suddenly decided to shave all his blond hair off. It had been gorgeous. But, she had to admit that the bald head gave him a sexy edge and made his blue eyes seem brighter. The women were definitely checking him out. And, why not? At 6'2, he had the athletic build of a swimmer. Something Cara knew he did faithfully everyday. In the vintage tee-shirt he wore and the stylish jeans that sat low on his waist, Adam looked like he had just stepped off an advertisement for both items. Who would not buy them if they thought they could look as good as he did in them.

If only he wasn't gay, Cara thought.

She had such a crush on him. Adam was the perfect guy in every way. Not only was he fine as hell with that dimpled chin, but he was actually a nice guy. He was the last of his kind, as far as Cara was concerned.

She pulled her hand back, embarrassed. Once again Cara had forgotten herself. She had held her self in his arm too long and felt the curve of his scalp just a little too long for it to be considered just friendly.

Adam smiled and smoothly handed her a drink. "Cherry vodka sour, extra sweet and four cherries." He liked the feel of her hand on his body. Anywhere she chose to put it. "Let's get a booth before it really starts getting crowded in here."

Cara always felt so feminine next to Adam. The top of her head barely made it pass his broad shoulders. Adam placed his strong hand at the small of her back and half shielded her with his long body, so that they made their way through the crowd without anyone touching her. Cara liked that about him. He was such a gentleman--a man. She wondered what would happen if his hand slid down further and rested on her behind. She'd die she thought.

Once he found a booth, toward the back and not so near all the traffic, he let her slide in and slid in beside her. Cara was surprised but not much. She had grown use to Adam invading her personal space. She liked the fact that even though they were expecting his man, Adam didn't change the way he treated her. At work and the few times they went out, Adam was always attentive and affectionate. Sometimes, they would tease and hold hands. Kanisha told her that she better be careful. Adam never stepped out of line though. There were moments when she thought about stepping out of line herself, but why ruin a good friendship. It was obvious to Cara that Adam was committed to his man. After all, the 30 something year old lawyer had pretty much swept Adam off his feet. Cara liked to call him Adam's sugar daddy. After only dating for a couple of weeks they had moved in together. They'd spent almost a year planning and building their new dream house, together. Now they were living in it, the perfect couple.

The music was starting to pump up a bit more and soon the dance floor would full. Cara was happy that they would have a perfect, uninterrupted view of the floor.

"Are you going to dance with me tonight?"

Adam laughed. "Why did you think I invited you? Mr. Too Fine won't come near the floor."

"Oh," she drew out dramatically, "that's why I'm here."

"That and you know how much I adore you."

Cara hit him playfully in the shoulder.

"You think I should call Kanisha?"

"Naw," he told her, lifting up his shoulders nonchalantly and taking a swig of a fresh beer. He had barely sat the old empty one down before the waitress replaced it, with her boobs all in Adam's face. Cara had pretended like she had not noticed. Adam certainly did not. He just thanked her and ordered another drink for Cara with a smile.

Of course, the waitress took his smile to mean more than what it actually was--Adam's natural state.

"You know why she's upset don't you?"

"Who Kanisha?"

"Yeah," Cara answered. "Kanisha feels like they chose you over her because she's black and you're white."

Adam shook his head. "That's crazy. I've been waiting for that promotion forever. I should have gotten it a long time ago. That ass hole Monty was such a phobe. I knew once he left and someone new had a look at me, I'd get what I deserved. I was there long before she was. I have more under my belt. I won't feel guilty either because I deserve it."

"You don't have to convince me Adam." Cara placed her hand on his. She knew that deep inside he was sympathizing with Kanisha. That was why he tolerated her. "She's never getting off the phones. It's all about customer service and she hates people. I'm surprised she doesn't get fired for the way she talks to the customers sometimes. Call centers really aren't for everyone."

"I think she was hoping that this would be her ticket off the floor though. She's not going to survive much longer on the floor if she keeps going like she's going," he added.

"I know," Cara trailed off.

And, Cara did know it. Kanisha hated their job. Listening to people complain all day long was not an easy thing to do. Cara did not know what she was going to do now that Adam would be on another floor, teaching people how to do his old job. He would be traveling to different offices, training people all over the region. They were not going to get to tease each other and laugh over customers anymore. She wondered if she would survive.

Adam flipped his hand playfully and Cara let her hand slip into his. She liked the way he rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand. For a moment they looked at each other and smiled.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to get you out alone?"

That surprised her.

"What do you mean? We go out every Friday after work."

"Yeah, we go out with the crowd from work. I mean just you and me. I like spending time alone with you Cara."

Cara blushed. Suddenly, this felt like more of a date than a last minute thing. She was not opposed to that idea at all. But, in the back of her mind, she knew that Adam was just being Adam. What he meant and how he was sounding was obviously two different things.

"We are good friends," she assured him. "I'm going to miss being with you everyday."

She finished off her drink.

Adam immediately threw his other hand up and caught the attention of the scantly clad waitress, who never really took her eyes off of him. He held up Cara's glass and gave the blond girl one of his infamous smiles. The girl shook her head eagerly.

"Just because I'm not going to be up in your face everyday at work, doesn't mean that we have to limit our time together."

The waitress bought Cara's drink and a fresh beer for Adam.

Adam faltered a little, as if trying to remember what he was saying.

"You know," he began, "the last time I invited you out to the house, you accepted but then you didn't show up."

Cara was embarrassed. She knew that had hurt his feelings, even though he had said it was alright.

"Every time I try to arrange something, you blow me off. I just want you to get to know Gabriel a little better and get used to being at the house."

"I," she paused, trying to figure out how to put this, "just didn't think I'd feel comfortable with his friends. I mean, you didn't invite anyone else from work."

"Because I wanted you," he said, lifting her chin with curve of his forefinger. "I wanted you to come to my home."

Cara sucked in a deep breath. This was really starting to feel like a date.

They hadn't even noticed the tall dark figure standing over them until he cleared his throat.

"Gabriel," Adam said surprised. He slid out of the booth and rubbed the man on the back.

Gabriel stared coldly at Cara for a second. Then, he glanced at Adam and smiled weakly before directing his attention back to Cara. There was no kindness in his dark eyes. Cara had noticed him first. She had also noticed that the man had been staring at their hands before Adam had looked up and realized that he was there. Cara had seen him before, at the Christmas party last year and at office events. He had barely spoken to her then and it looked like he would barely speak to her tonight. Gabriel was the reason she did not come when invited over.

"Gabriel," Adam began, excitedly looking between the two of them, "you remember Cara right?"

"Of course I do," Gabriel said curtly and slid in to the booth facing his boyfriend and his boyfriend's 'friend'. He looked a little out of place in his dark suit and tie. This was hardly that type of club. The theme at this club was obviously skin.

Cara could see what Adam saw in Gabriel. Like Adam he was tall, if not slightly taller. Gabriel was handsome in a finely tuned, polished kind of way. Where Adam was a fun, beautiful California beach boy type. Gabriel was a calculating, Italian business man cool. His black wavy hair was combed back from his face. He sported a light beard, just past the point of being considered a five o'clock shadow--perfectly tapered, edged and groomed. His skin had a natural deep tan to it. His lips were full, sultry. However, his jaw line was harsh and set.

Gabriel was stubborn.

Adam looked apologetically at Cara and slid back in beside her. He placed his arm across the back of the seat, encouraging her to stay close. It was an action that Gabriel did not miss.

"So," Cara asked, leaning into the table and smiling (having decided that she would make the best of things for Adam's sake), "do people call you Gabe sometimes?"

Adam started to cough, as if his beer had went down the wrong pipe.

Gabriel gave his lover a half smile. Then he leaned in. His eyes became so focused that Cara was suddenly pinned and her smile slipped away. Those dark eyes looked right through her and Cara felt suddenly ill-equipped for any exchange with this man. He took in every aspect of her features, slowly scrutinizing her face. His countenance surrendered nothing--no interest or satisfaction. His eyes moved over her full, shoulder length curls, slid to the inviting cleavage of her little black dress and up the column of her neck to her parted lips.

Suddenly Cara felt stripped. Her chest tightened just a little when an invisible screen was suddenly removed and those dark pools of light and raw, unapologetic lust accosted her like a physical threat.

"No Cara," he finally said over the rising music, "they don't if they expect me to answer them." The volume of his voice did not loose its deliberate silky caress.

Cara's cheeks flushed with heat. When his eyes finally released her, she slowly sat back in the booth, back into Adam's open arm. What the fuck was that about, she thought. Adam's gentle fingers played through the hair, at the back of her neck, and she reminded herself that she was there for Adam.

Adam through up his free hand again and the blond headed girl was immediately at the table. This time, she must have assumed that Adam and Cara were a couple. She fully focused her breasts on Gabriel and he considered her with the same coldness he extended to Cara. For Cara there was a slight sense of satisfaction in that. Some gay guys just really did not care for women, especially when they threw themselves at them. It was possible that Cara was not the cause of Gabriel's irritation. Not all of them were every girl's best friend.

Cara winced. That thought did not explain the last look he gave her.

When his drink came Gabriel raised up his glass to present a toast. "Congratulations baby," he said to Adam and smiled, taking Cara completely by surprise. When Gabriel smiled, he was more stunning. His even white teeth shone and laugh lines around his eyes and mouth gentled him.

"I love you."

Cara watched a look exchange between the two of them that pulled at her heart. She had never seen the two of them actually do anything that could be construed in the slightest way as sexual. Both men exuded pure maleness; so much so that it made it hard to envision the two of them in the acts of lovers. In that moment, however, there was such an explicit exchange of pure unadulterated emotion and sexual tension that Cara felt like a perverted voyeur. Their connection rolled off of their strong bodies and charged the air.

It caused a shift in Gabriel too because he hung on to his smile, as he removed his tie and unbuttoned his shirt.

"Take off the jacket too," Adam commanded, laughing.

Gabriel smirked and did as he was told.

The two men exchanged some events of the day. Adam had both Gabriel and Cara laughing at some of the antics of management at the call center. Cara had always suspected that a few of them were retarded; now, she was certain. The entire time, Adam gently stroked her back. He tried the best he could to include her in on the conversation. Cara did not mind that Gabriel purposefully excluded her. She enjoyed watching them speak to one another. This was a unique side of Adam. Endearments dropped from his lips with ease. Something hummed between them and she liked being witness to that closeness.

When Cara excused herself to go to the lady's room, Gabriel lifted his glass to Adam once more.

"I do love you," he repeated, "but are you sure you want to do this."

"I do Gabriel," Adam returned with a boyish grin. "I want this for us."

"It just seems complicated."

"Why? This is better than picking up someone at random. You just hate having to surrender some control. Look at her," Adam gushed, "she is absolutely perfect."

"Perfect?" Gabriel raised one dark eyebrow. "For whom?"

"For us."

"Are you sure that it isn't just for you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adam's brow creased in irritation.

"You talk about her all the time Adam. You speak to each other on the phone.--fucking texting all the time. I'll step back and watch you fuck her just to make sure you get her out of your system."

avrgblkgrl
avrgblkgrl
1,103 Followers