Hiding Porn Effectively

Story Info
Some tips on keeping pornography hidden.
854 words
4.34
60k
22
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This article is specifically geared to you twenty-somethings out there, still living at home, and have nosy parents who don't respect your privacy. Take it from me. I understand your plight, I feel your pain. In such cases, the only thing you can do is learn how to hide your pornography effectively. If you follow these tips, they will look all they want, and won't find a single suspicious thing.

Tip #1: Hide things in plain sight People have the tendency to 'dig deep' when they are trying to find something. For example, they'll look in the very back of your dresser, under the mattress, behind bookshelves... in other words- they look in nooks and crannies that seem the most likely candidates for holding secrets- but not in the most obvious places, like ON the bookshelf or in your cosmetic bag. Now I'm not saying that you should leave your dildo on the nightstand, in plain sight. But put it somewhere where people won't bother to look because it would be considered 'too obvious'.

For example, I have a small decorative gift box on my bookshelf, surrounded by my jewelry box, a deck of cards and some pictures. I put my dildo in there, and I know for a fact that nobody ever looks in that direction. The box blends into the room too nicely to be noticed.

Try to find something similar- even hollow books work. Or if you have a messy room, put your toys or books or clothing under a pile of DVDs or in your dirty laundry hamper.

Tip #2: Keep things spread out This is obvious, but many people forget. If someone should happen upon an erotic novel or two, you would totally be able to own up to that without admitting that you also have toys/ games/ videos. Find several good spots in your bedroom, and use them all for different items.

However, when doing this it is very important that you remember all of your hiding places. This could lead to disaster and embarrassment, if, a few years down the road your parent/ relative/ friend is helping you rearrange your room, or move out of it altogether, and they should happen upon your stash.

Tip #3: For DVDs Hiding DVDs is relatively easy. Remove the original packaging of the 'offending' DVD and throw that out. The disc could then be hidden among your other DVDs or on your bookshelf. It would be preferable to hide them among those DVDs that are not often watched, to prevent you or someone else opening the DVD cases up at some inopportune moment.

Tip #4: For Computer Files If you have your own laptop or desktop, then hiding computer files becomes a whole lot easier. Create a login/password for yourself, and for anyone else that may use your computer. When saving pornographic files, save them under "My Documents/Your Username". Files saved in such a manner could not be accessed by anyone else, provided they know your username/password.

Many people will not have their own personal computer, however, and so should take note of the following points:

USB keys are a fantastic technology and should be used to their advantage. Pictures and videos can be saved directly on the USB key, and then detached from the computer to be pulled out at a later date. And USB keys have the advantage of being small (therefore easy to hide, in for example, a pencil case, briefcase or purse) as well as inexpensive.

Window Washer is your friend. This program completely clears your visited websites history, cookies and any history of recently accessed documents. Window Washer can be downloaded for free on many Freeware websites. Get into a habit of using it often. I personally run a wash at the end of every day, just before going to bed.

Probably the most obvious advice I could give you is to password protect any sensitive files or folders. Although this is a great method of keeping nosy people away from your stash, it is not the best way to proceed. Someone that comes across a protected folder or file will naturally become more curious as to what that file contains. This could lead to arguments and suspicion and doesn't entirely solve your problem.

Lastly, naming files creatively is an effective way of staving off nosy family members. For example, the article I'm presently writing is titled "Hiding Porn Effectively" but is saved in a folder "Lottery Results 2009" with the date that I started writing the article as the title of the file. There is no password attached to the file. Saving files in this manner arouses the least amount of suspicion or curiosity. If I were to create a password protected folder "Literotica Fiction", then you could be sure that nosy family members would demand to know what was going on!

I hope these tips and tricks help you hide files that are 'sensitive in nature' and avoid awkward situations or conversations. I would definitely be interested in any feedback you would have to offer as this is my very first Literotica submission!